General Yuzuru Chat

25 minutes ago, SparkleSalad said:

:tumblr_inline_n18qr5lPWB1qid2nw: Oh no, that makes me so happy! He looks like a perfect Zuzu! (And that calendar looks so pretty, damnit. >_<) Hopefully he received the big brother koala I left in his present box (I wonder if he sees them before they get donated.)

I get what you mean about the tough scoring influencing the quality of his skating and I absolutely agree. I think it's a blessing in disguise. He's not the kind of person to blame the system but rather do everything he can to beat it. I hope like you say he can reap the rewards for it at the Olympics (and Worlds, too, please!) :)

I really hope he did, they are beyond adorable and don't take up much space... it can cling to his jumps notebook or so! (I really hope he got the letters and presents from NHK... if he gets them in a few months, it might be a bit late ^_^; ) And yes, the calendar is gorgeous... I don't care that there's still over a month to go until January. That thing is there to stay until March 1st.

And exactly. As a fan, I get really annoyed, too, but he's more the type to say: "Oh, yeah? You won't give me 3GOE for my 3A? Fine. I'll add even more difficult entries and exits and make it even more perfect until your jaw drops and you have no choice but to give it to me!" :P The others don't get the same kind of incentive, when they get the points anyway, why bother? To me, that is another reason why he's the best. (I am happy, though, that sometimes skaters do realize they've been overscored. Like Shoma in France. My impression was Nathan in Russia had a similar reaction. And Javi's comments in yesterday's interview, where he talked about his own silly comments in China. I like that sort of thing.) Also, in a way, getting into a judged sports, you have to know scores may never be completely fair, because there will always be a degree of subjectivity. So I think by now he's sort of come to terms with it...

7 hours ago, katonice said:

Omg BB Yuzu being so extra is killing me... Did you see how he threw his shirt to one of his fans? :smiley-laughing021: BB is too sexy now, but back then it was just so... cute hahaha!

He just... gave it to her, he didn't even pretend to be undecided about where to throw it xD She was the only one with the banner, probably holding it was tiring and he was like thanking her... too cute...

2 hours ago, KatjaThera said:

I really hope he did, they are beyond adorable and don't take up much space... it can cling to his jumps notebook or so! (I really hope he got the letters and presents from NHK... if he gets them in a few months, it might be a bit late ^_^; ) And yes, the calendar is gorgeous... I don't care that there's still over a month to go until January. That thing is there to stay until March 1st.

And exactly. As a fan, I get really annoyed, too, but he's more the type to say: "Oh, yeah? You won't give me 3GOE for my 3A? Fine. I'll add even more difficult entries and exits and make it even more perfect until your jaw drops and you have no choice but to give it to me!" :P The others don't get the same kind of incentive, when they get the points anyway, why bother? To me, that is another reason why he's the best. (I am happy, though, that sometimes skaters do realize they've been overscored. Like Shoma in France. My impression was Nathan in Russia had a similar reaction. And Javi's comments in yesterday's interview, where he talked about his own silly comments in China. I like that sort of thing.) Also, in a way, getting into a judged sports, you have to know scores may never be completely fair, because there will always be a degree of subjectivity. So I think by now he's sort of come to terms with it...

I made three little maids from school literally jump for joy with those koalas on my last day in Japan (I kept getting ambushed by school kids doing English homework on their excursions.) It was so cute it made the entire trip worth it. XD The one I gave Yuzu is the same sort of pose but doesn't hang on, unfortunately, and is a tad bigger. It was so cute and floofy that I had a reaaaaally hard time parting with it. I petted it so much I hope it didn't get too smooshed before he got it. If I get a Yuzu Airways boarding pass or something in the next couple of years I guess I'll know for sure if he saw it. :P

I'm always so flawed by how nice and humble the athletes in this sport are. It's such a pleasure to follow coming from ego-loaded, macho punch-up team BS. 

>_> Shall we ask the judges to give him even less candy? Maybe then he'll give his twizzle entry and exit 4A 3A in a competitive program. >_>

13 minutes ago, KatjaThera said:

I think Shoma, Nathan's reactions remind us that more than fans, skaters have the clearest understanding of scoring, they're probably aware themselves of when they've been treated leniently and the ones with good sportsmanship will dislike it as much as the fans who don't like the scoring. Which is why even though I'm annoyed that Yuzu has to work harder for the same marks relative to others, I think the fact he's able to turn it into motivation has turned out fruitful for him. I'm sure it can't be easy to avoid being bitter about the scoring but I admire the attitude of 'well there's nothing that can be done (in the short term, as an athlete) I just need to be better so they have no excuse'.* It's also, I suppose, like teachers who treat their most talented students more harshly because they believe in their students' potential to be greater and so do not accept the student settling just for 'good'. I don't think the judges are that altruistic but this was the unintended effect. 

*That being said, I'm also very much of the opinion that if something is rotten in the system...the system needs to change, but the athlete shouldn't be worrying about that so...

41 minutes ago, Floria said:

I am probably not the only one checking periodically TCC skaters instagram accounts. One new photo would do wonders to us.

ETA preferably with skates on 

I really need an update on his condition. Is he eating well. Is he getting better. Is he healed. Is he skating. Is his hair cut. :13877886:

hace 6 minutos , MrPudding said:

I really need an update on his condition. Is he eating well. Is he getting better. Is he healed. Is he skating. Is his hair cut. :13877886:

Yuzu, if you are reading this please let us know you are ok. I think I can survive on 1(one) new photo until Nationals :13877886: