General Yuzuru Chat

2 hours ago, kaerb said:

I don't know how you guys did it ahhh that must have been awful; i don't begrudge fans for being a little protective when they've had to witness stuff like this (in any fandom). 

this is probably also why he tries so hard to sidestep attempts to build rivalry narratives between him and shoma/any of the younger kids which I've always appreciated ;;

Yeah, I wasn't around then, but from what @meoima has kindly informed me, it was absolutely nasty.

Yuzu must have been in a lot of pressure and pain back then, and I am so glad his takeaways from that were 'I just have to prove them wrong' and 'No skaters should have to deal with this; I am going to do what I can to spare them - mainly by pitching the current me against the old me instead of other skaters'.

From what I heard, we have his team (esp. Brian and Shirota-san) to thank for that, in addition to Yuzu just being Yuzu.

Just now, katonice said:

According to this, he did not attend unofficial practices today.

Should... we be worried?

I'm gonna say...no. Maybe he's bushed from the flight and chose to listen to his body and take the day to adjust to the time zone, rest up. Maybe he's feeling reasonably confident and doesn't want to push it. My brain isn't exactly immediately leaping to bad things.

2 minutes ago, CupidsBow said:

I'm gonna say...no. Maybe he's bushed from the flight and chose to listen to his body and take the day to adjust to the time zone, rest up. Maybe he's feeling reasonably confident and doesn't want to push it. My brain isn't exactly immediately leaping to bad things.

Yeah, I suppose I should be relieved instead that he's learning to pace himself and listen to his body.