General Yuzuru Chat

btw, I was thinking - who's betting that Yuzuru will train his 4Lz with Kolyada's landed one yesterday? The camera work is good and the technique of it is just sublime. I bet Yuzuru watched it again and again and used it to motivate his own training. 4Lz, we're waiting for youuuu! 

Hi, I'm new here, although I already have some time following Yuzuru. This week two important things happened ... First, Patrick is being reserved for the Nationals, although I think it's more about the Olympics ... Second, the 4Lz of our Russian friend, I'm sure that will raise the motivation a thousand of our Yuzu because he has an unbeatable competitive blood, I really look forward to it. Seimei del NHK2015 is my favorite free program, and now with 5 quads it will be spectacular if it manages to materialize what it has in mind, I hope it retakes the continuity of its SP that has always done very well, but still, the focus is on the Olympics, so whatever happens, that's the ultimate goal.

I would love to express myself in Spanish but I do not know if that helps to interact :sadPooh:

3 часа назад, Murieleirum сказал:

btw, I was thinking - who's betting that Yuzuru will train his 4Lz with Kolyada's landed one yesterday? The camera work is good and the technique of it is just sublime. I bet Yuzuru watched it again and again and used it to motivate his own training. 4Lz, we're waiting for youuuu! 

I'm zero in jumping technique, but theirs luzs look so different. It would be such a pleasure to watch it one by one. 

1 hour ago, Mastyaeva said:

I'm zero in jumping technique, but theirs luzs look so different. It would be such a pleasure to watch it one by one. 

Kolyada's lutz (and jumps in general) are very high but not as long - > many Russian skaters are like this, they jump high but the ice coverage might not be as big as some other skaters. Kolyada;s jumps are still pretty big IMO.

I would say Zhenia Medvedevea jumps are long, even though not high. At CoR, I notice that her 3-3 have quite good ice coverage. So it depends on the skaters as well.

Yuzuru's jumps are both high and long. So his jumps might not be the highest but they will be longer than the higher jumps, his jumps cover more ice than most men.

1 hour ago, Aniga88 said:

Hi, I'm new here, although I already have some time following Yuzuru. This week two important things happened ... First, Patrick is being reserved for the Nationals, although I think it's more about the Olympics ... Second, the 4Lz of our Russian friend, I'm sure that will raise the motivation a thousand of our Yuzu because he has an unbeatable competitive blood, I really look forward to it. Seimei del NHK2015 is my favorite free program, and now with 5 quads it will be spectacular if it manages to materialize what it has in mind, I hope it retakes the continuity of its SP that has always done very well, but still, the focus is on the Olympics, so whatever happens, that's the ultimate goal.

I would love to express myself in Spanish but I do not know if that helps to interact :sadPooh:

Welcome to the planet!

You're expressing yourself perfectly well in English, too, no worries :tumblr_inline_ncmifaymmi1rpglid:  

(I was going to suggest the Spanish thread but you already seem to have found it already.)

Some thoughts now that Cup of China is history - First is that Javi may not make the GPF.  He finished seventh in China, which means that he has to win in France to even have a chance to make the GPF.  A second observation - A new name enters into the ranks of those who threaten Yuzu's plans - Mikhail Kolyada turned in a very good performance in China, placing 1st in the SP and third in the FS, more significantly besting 2nd place finisher Boyang Jin by some fifteen points in a situation where Boyang had home ice advantage.  I think we might have to place Kolyada amongst the potential spoilers come February.  We'll know at the GPF where he will once again face Yuzu in head to head competition.  Just so some don't get the wrong idea, I'm not yet ready to drop Javi from the list of those I feel threaten Yuzu at PC but I now am ranking him at outlier status with Chan and Kolyada.  I'm almost tempted to put Boyang there, also, since he didn't do so well when he had home-ice advantage.  Right now, as I see it, Yuzu's chief threats are Shoma and Nathan with my feeling that Shoma is the greater threat of those two.  In any case we'll have two oppurtunities before PC to see Yuzu and Shoma facing off against each other - the GPF and Japanese Nationals.  What happens there will give us strong indications of how the podium might look like come February.

1 час назад, meoima сказал:

Kolyada's lutz (and jumps in general) are very high but not as long - > many Russian skaters are like this, they jump high but the ice coverage might not be as big as some other skaters. Kolyada;s jumps are still pretty big IMO.

I would say Zhenia Medvedevea jumps are long, even though not high. At CoR, I notice that her 3-3 have quite good ice coverage. So it depends on the skaters as well.

Yuzuru's jumps are both high and long. So his jumps might not be the highest but they will be longer than the higher jumps, his jumps cover more ice than most men.

Wow, thanks! It's more clear now. And what about speed? (sorry for taking an advantage of you kindness and knowledge)

It means Yuzu is a complete skater even in jumping technique as such. Extra as usual. I'm smiling so happily when I think about it. :tumblr_inline_mm2wbaeqQM1qz4rgp:

UPD: 

10 минут назад, micaelis сказал:

Some thoughts now that Cup of China is history - First is that Javi may not make the GPF.  He finished seventh in China, which means that he has to win in France to even have a chance to make the GPF.  A second observation - A new name enters into the ranks of those who threaten Yuzu's plans - Mikhail Kolyada turned in a very good performance in China, placing 1st in the SP and third in the FS, more significantly besting 2nd place finisher Boyang Jin by some fifteen points in a situation where Boyang had home ice advantage.  I think we might have to place Kolyada amongst the potential spoilers come February.  We'll know at the GPF where he will once again face Yuzu in head to head competition.  Just so some don't get the wrong idea, I'm not yet ready to drop Javi from the list of those I feel threaten Yuzu at PC but I now am ranking him at outlier status with Chan and Kolyada.  I'm almost tempted to put Boyang there, also, since he didn't do so well when he had home-ice advantage.  Right now, as I see it, Yuzu's chief threats are Shoma and Nathan with my feeling that Shoma is the greater threat of those two.  In any case we'll have two oppurtunities before PC to see Yuzu and Shoma facing off against each other - the GPF and Japanese Nationals.  What happens there will give us strong indications of how the podium might look like come February.

Great summary!

But now a need to reread brilliant calming text by @Yatagarasu at least 5 times to not faint right here. 

28 minutes ago, Mastyaeva said:

Wow, thanks! It's more clear now. And what about speed? (sorry for taking an advantage of you kindness and knowledge)

It means Yuzu is a complete skater even in jumping technique as such. Extra as usual. I'm smiling so happily when I think about it. :tumblr_inline_mm2wbaeqQM1qz4rgp:

UPD: 

The thing about Mikhail's 4Lz is that when everything aligns he has so much height he can check out with a lot of control to land it cleanly (when he lands it). If you notice, he seems to open rotation before he lands (so his knee bend is a bit less than Yuzu's who checks out a bit lower). He gives the feeling he could tack another rotation there. Almost. :laughing:

14 minutes ago, Yatagarasu said:

It seems that Lee Barkell at CoC told some fans that Tracy is going to be with Yuzuru at NHK. We have to wait and see. 

I hope so. If Brian can't, Tracy is the best alternative option. 

1 minute ago, xeyra said:

I hope so. If Brian can't, Tracy is the best alternative option. 

Definitely. I figured it'd be her, if Brian ended up not going.

I admit this is actually good news for me because Yuzuru and Tracy function great together, and I feel better knowing Brian is going to take his time to heal. Hopefully it's true. That is a very, very long trip to make so soon after his surgery, plus the stress.