General Yuzuru Chat

Hufftt.. This thread moves so fast! I was away for few days and this thread left me hundred pages to read! Finally I'm on the last page  here..  :laughing: 

About the podcast, since Yuzu is being the current World and Olympic champion and Shoma just rising up being the top skater chasing yuzuru (and both are Japanese),  it's inevitable to not make a drama such Yuzu vs Shoma. I just hope both skater wasn't affected by the drama that media creates and focus on their practices/competition. 

Anyway, I can't wait for CoR. And we'll see, perhaps, more drama between Yuzu vs Nathan (again!) :laughing:. I hope everything goes well for all competitive skaters (esp yuzu), no injury and they can pull out their strength. :hachimaki:

Oh and I like this new yuzuticon! :peekapooh:<3

11 minutes ago, Sammie said:

I remember reading on here about their first time seeing Yuzu and how small he was. I wonder how tiny is he. He seem so tall then most single skaters but same time so thin and yet curvy...... 

:tumblr_inline_mzx8t1Yuvn1r8msi5:

Small was definitely not the word that crossed my mind when i saw him. And he was uh... meatier than i expected. Also, for me, he seemed slightly taller than Javi

6 hours ago, Murieleirum said:

Okay, so I did a simultaneous translation of the last part of the podcast (now they're answering fan questions) - I'll listen the rest when the episode finishes, for now this is a quick summary of what they said about Yuzuru versus Shoma:

Thank you! Can we mail flowers to Max? He's very much on the money on all the skaters so far. And I'm so happy that there's finally a commentator who acknowledges Boyang's efforts (c'mon Lori, bring out the rest of Boyangman!). 

I think the best thing that Max does, is he acknowledges all the skaters' strengths and weaknesses, and if other writers in other forums, or even twitter, actually read through, thought about it, they can realize that certain skaters can be liked for certain qualities, none of which detract from liking other skaters (I'm looking at you Phil).It's probably the most loaded top 6 in men's that we've had in years (possibly we've never had such a group before). 

17 minutes ago, Sammie said:

I remember reading on here about their first time seeing Yuzu and how small he was. I wonder how tiny is he. He seem so tall then most single skaters but same time so thin and yet curvy...... 

Most male singles skaters are not that tall- pairs guys are huge in comparison. Yuzu isn't that tall, he's about 173 CM (5'8"), slender and very compact. He's definitely not "skinny" looking, just compact. 

27 minutes ago, Sammie said:

14 minutes ago, Hydroblade said:

Small was definitely not the word that crossed my mind when i saw him. And he was uh... meatier than i expected. Also, for me, he seemed slightly taller than Javi

Haha I actually think he's small whenever I see him. Yes he is muscular but his frame is very cute and compact and not that tall but probably taller than me which makes him 5'8" or 5'9" lol.

Javi also seems not that big either. The smallest one of all is Shoma who is teeny tiny. They all look bigger on TV lol.