General Yuzuru Chat

3 minutes ago, Nerdincool said:

Sooo I just saw something interesting on twitter and wanted to ask those of you who actually went to ACI if it's true. Did people from IOC or ISU really come watch the competition? People in suits were allegedly spotted watching Yuzu's performance from the VIP section, but the only non fan atendees I heard about on here were the unimpressed hockey players and there doesn't seem to be any pictures of them (Also why is there a VIP section at ACI?). ACI is just a challenger series, if it's true, is that normal? 

LOL if ISU and IOC people were watching Yuzu, I hope they watched the SP only. Or at least both. :smiley-laughing021:

10 minutes ago, xeyra said:

Something else I take from these words is that Brian doesn't seem particularly keen on the 4Lz yet. I wonder if the success rate of clean runthroughs lowered quite a bit once Yuzu added the 4Lz... 

Yeah, but tbh I don't know. Apparently going triples can lower it too - while that was needed due to his knee. At this point I simply wish Hanyu goes with what feels right to him, as every person is different in what fuels them. No strategy is more smart than another per se.

...Also I guess I just really want him to be himself in the end.

13 minutes ago, kaeryth said:

I wonder if part of Brian and Yuzu's talk post competition were about the gloves? :rofl:I do feel the gloves messed with him a little though. Didn't Yuzu say in that interview he had with Kenji (and I paraphrase) that everything had to be aligned for him mentally and physically to be able to perform well?

But he just shrugged so cutely at that, as if saying 'oh well', it couldn't have bothered him too much. 

(this is forever going to be my favorite image of Yuzu, glaring at mom and then that shrug, this kid... :laughing:)

Ahora, Nerdincool said:

Sooo I just saw something interesting on twitter and wanted to ask those of you who actually went to ACI if it's true. Did people from IOC or ISU really come watch the competition? People in suits were allegedly spotted watching Yuzu's performance from the VIP section, but the only non fan atendees I heard about on here were the unimpressed hockey players and there doesn't seem to be any pictures of them (Also why is there a VIP section at ACI?). ACI is just a challenger series, if it's true, is that normal? 

Yes, I've seen the tweet you mentioned, but the only thing I remember is that there were reserved seats at the venue and during the FS these were occupied by other skaters (and probably team members). I spotted Mai Mihara, Kaetlyn Osmond and dance teams there, but I don't remember anybody in suits tbh or I was not paying much attention to the judges side. 

This reminds me that the day of SP Kevin Reynolds was spotted  at the venue and it seems that he came especially to watch Yuzu skating.

Just now, xeyra said:

But he just shrugged so cutely at that, as if saying 'oh well', it couldn't have bothered him too much. 

(this is forever going to be my favorite image of Yuzu, glaring at mom and then that shrug OMG, this kid)

Same... he looked like a petulant toddler and I love it. :rofl:Reminds me of that article where they said "Yuzuru Hanyu, are you a brat….?"

18 minutes ago, Floria said:

Tbh the idea of 4Lz scares me, because we haven't seen any properly landed 4Lz yet. 

And we haven't seen Chopin with 4Lo in competiton yet. And after SP at ACI I thought that probably he could keep this layout and still get great enough scores without taking too much risk. After all the SP caused so much trouble last season.

Yes. I think there are significant pros and cons for including or not including that 4Lz and I'm guessing that Brian is probably very much on the fence about it too. Patrick Chan has talked about how much energy it takes--both physical and mental--to complete those quads and how doing them can negatively impact the rest of your program. 

13 minutes ago, Floria said:

Yes, I've seen the tweet you mentioned, but the only thing I remember is that there were reserved seats at the venue and during the FS these were occupied by other skaters (and probably team members). I spotted Mai Mihara, Kaetlyn Osmond and dance teams there, but I don't remember anybody in suits tbh or I was not paying much attention to the judges side. 

This reminds me that the day of SP Kevin Reynolds was spotted  at the venue and it seems that he came especially to watch Yuzu skating.

Wonder how this rumor came about. In any case, I have a soft spot for all of the "uncles" in figure skating and it'd be sad when they're retiring after this year. I always wish there were more interactions between Yuzu and Kevin esp since he seems to know Japanese.

As long as he does not put 4LZ into SP where a single mistake on jump can be over costly, I am perfectly fine with him trying 4LZ in the LP. His only attempt on 4lo during ACI's op was totally solid so I am not so worried about the sp with 4lo. Yuzu likes challenging himself; he does not play safe. If he wishes to do it, and he believes he can do it, just let him go for it. Don't ever play the game against your nature:pancake:

On 24.9.2017 at 8:26 AM, meoima said:

Yuzuru will be fine and he will win Olympic again.

and the skaters whom most people think will do well might not do that well. I don't want to name them here. Just believe me. 

In meoima we trust :grouphug:

On 25.9.2017 at 3:39 PM, kaerb said:

OMgggg this girl!! Her designs took my breath away. I'm so happy it was personally received by Yumi-san and Yuzu. What a gorgeous gift T u T

That is such a beautiful gift! I cried watching this video, I can't even fathom how much work and love has gone into this :tumblr_inline_nhkf04zUM41qid2nw:

20 minutes ago, Forcefield said:

:offtopic:

It's National Pancake Day in the U.S. Go Yuzu! :pancake:

Okay, I'll see myself out now. :slinkaway:

Omg! Why didn't I eat pancakes this morning!! 

12 minutes ago, Forcefield said:

Wonder how this rumor came about. In any case, I have a soft spot for all of the "uncles" in figure skating and it'd be sad when they're retiring after this year. I always wish there were more interactions between Yuzu and Kevin esp since he seems to know Japanese.

Doesn't sound weird to me. After all, Yuzuru is the current GOAT, so watching him skate is always enlightening, when he's perfect and when he bombs. Plus yeah, Kevin is a total lover of Japan and Japanese, so I bet he always low-key wishes to talk with him about stuff. 

hace 13 minutos , Elaine said:

As long as he does not put 4LZ into SP where a single mistake on jump can be over costly, I am perfectly fine with him trying 4LZ in the LP. His only attempt on 4lo during ACI's op was totally solid so I am not so worried about the sp with 4lo. Yuzu likes challenging himself; he does not play safe. If he wishes to do it, and he believes he can do it, just let him go for it. Don't ever play the game against your nature:pancake:

I am not too worried about the 4Lo in the SP. It is just that out of 9 FaOI stops he did 4Lo only once, all the others were doubles iirc. But surely he did enough runthroughs with it.

ETA I am still unsure that doing 2 triples at the beginning of the FS was a brilliant idea. Watering down his layout this way probably made things worse because it is SO against his nature.

5 minutes ago, Floria said:

I am not too worried about the 4Lo in the SP. It is just that out of 9 FaOI stops he did 4Lo only once, all the others were doubles iirc. But surely he did enough runthroughs with it.

Tbh, if you noticed other skaters didn't even try to do quads at Faoi for their routines, because the ice conditions and light conditions make matters 100% more difficult. The fact that Yuzu did Chopin clean with 2 quads during an ice show is an incredible exception, just like his WR three days ago. c: 

53 minutes ago, Nerdincool said:

I was sitting on the judges standing sides about the next row right behind the VIP row, yes I saw lots of suited people on the first VIP row. They didn't stay for the ceremony.

also there are three VIP rows on judges side right behind the judges, I saw Caucasian of all ages, some looked like coaches, some looked like athletes