General Yuzuru Chat

ISU World Standings has been updated today. http://www.isuresults.com/ws/ws/wsmen.htm

[table][tr][td]Rank[/td] [td]Points[/td] [td]Name[/td][/tr][tr][td]1[/td] [td]4471[/td] [td]Yuzuru HANYU JPN[/td][/tr][tr][td]2[/td] [td]3748[/td] [td]Shoma UNO JPN[/td][/tr][tr][td]3[/td] [td]3482[/td] [td]Javier FERNANDEZ ESP[/td][/tr][tr][td]4[/td] [td]3258[/td] [td]Patrick CHAN CAN[/td][/tr][tr][td]5[/td] [td]2894[/td] [td]Boyang JIN CHN[/td][/tr][tr][td]6[/td] [td]2640[/td] [td]Nathan CHEN USA[/td][/tr][tr][td]7[/td] [td]2613[/td]

[td]Mikhail KOLYADA RUS[/td][/tr][tr][td]8[/td] [td]2508[/td] [td]Alexei BYCHENKO ISR[/td][/tr][tr][td]9[/td] [td]2407[/td] [td]Jason BROWN USA[/td][/tr][tr][td]10[/td] [td]2363[/td] [td]Maxim KOVTUN RUS[/td][/tr][tr][td]11[/td] [td]2321[/td] [td]Adam RIPPON USA[/td][/tr][tr][td]12[/td] [td]2289[/td] [td]Daniel SAMOHIN ISR[/td][/tr][tr][td]13[/td] [td]2270[/td] [td]Max AARON USA[/td][/tr][tr][td]14[/td] [td]2254[/td] [td]Dmitri ALIEV RUS[/td][/tr][tr][td]15[/td] [td]2141[/td] [td]Alexander SAMARIN RUS[/td][/tr][/table]

Fun Fact: (Although it doesn't mean too much) Yuzu has been #1 in the World Standing since 2013-2014 :yes:

can anyone explain how the points work? its always confused me

Here's how it works:

2.3 Within the preceding two seasons and the current season the following events will be

considered for the ISU World Standings order, season’s factors as per C.1. to be considered:

2.3.1 ISU Championships and Olympic Winter Games: The best result by points per

season; the best two results by points over a period not longer than 2 completed

seasons plus the current season;

2.3.2 ISU Grand Prix of Figure Skating and Final: The two best results by points per

season; the best four results by points over a period not longer than 2 completed

2.3.3 ISU Junior Grand Prix of Figure Skating and Final: The two best results by points

per season; the best four results by points over a period not longer than 2 completed

2.3.4 International Senior Calendar Competitions: The two best results by points per

season; the best four results by points over a period not longer than 2 completed

http://static.isu.org/media/99358/1629-world-standing-sandp_id.pdf

So in the case for the new World Standings, you count up everything as is because the lowest points are currently 0.

ISU World Standings has been updated today. http://www.isuresults.com/ws/ws/wsmen.htm

[table][tr][td]Rank[/td] [td]Points[/td] [td]Name[/td][/tr][tr][td]1[/td] [td]4471[/td] [td]Yuzuru HANYU JPN[/td][/tr][tr][td]2[/td] [td]3748[/td] [td]Shoma UNO JPN[/td][/tr][tr][td]3[/td] [td]3482[/td] [td]Javier FERNANDEZ ESP[/td][/tr][tr][td]4[/td] [td]3258[/td] [td]Patrick CHAN CAN[/td][/tr][tr][td]5[/td] [td]2894[/td] [td]Boyang JIN CHN[/td][/tr][tr][td]6[/td] [td]2640[/td] [td]Nathan CHEN USA[/td][/tr][tr][td]7[/td] [td]2613[/td]

[td]Mikhail KOLYADA RUS[/td][/tr][tr][td]8[/td] [td]2508[/td] [td]Alexei BYCHENKO ISR[/td][/tr][tr][td]9[/td] [td]2407[/td] [td]Jason BROWN USA[/td][/tr][tr][td]10[/td] [td]2363[/td] [td]Maxim KOVTUN RUS[/td][/tr][tr][td]11[/td] [td]2321[/td] [td]Adam RIPPON USA[/td][/tr][tr][td]12[/td] [td]2289[/td] [td]Daniel SAMOHIN ISR[/td][/tr][tr][td]13[/td] [td]2270[/td] [td]Max AARON USA[/td][/tr][tr][td]14[/td] [td]2254[/td] [td]Dmitri ALIEV RUS[/td][/tr][tr][td]15[/td] [td]2141[/td] [td]Alexander SAMARIN RUS[/td][/tr][/table]

Fun Fact: (Although it doesn't mean too much) Yuzu has been #1 in the World Standing since 2013-2014 :yes:

The Top 6 are finally the Top 6 in World Rankings!

ISU World Standings has been updated today.

Ruthless :devil: :hachimaki:

#edit: I didn't intend to be the first post on 100th page. But yayyyy us!! :yay:

Yet again, it's still very hard to keep up with this thread.. So congratz everyone with our firstt anniversary! <3

I was super excited to find out about FOI and I'm wating for Yuzu's new performances (I don't care if it's something new or old, I'll be happy to see whatever he decides to show us) :pbow:

And we're on page 100 already!! I don't know how you do it :goe:

can anyone explain how the points work? its always confused me

Gist of it if you don't want to read through the entire communication.

-World standing takes the 3 most recent seasons into their point total.

100% of the current (upcoming) season (2017/2018)

100% of the previous season (2016-17)

70% of the season before that (2015-16)

-Each skater gets 5 compeitions counted into each season total.

[table][tr][td]ISU World Championships (or) Olympic Winter Games (1)[/td] [td]ISU (Junior) Grand Prix and Final (2)[/td] [td]Selected International competition (2)[/td][/tr][tr][td]If a skater competed in both Worlds and Olympic, then whichever competition they placed highest on will be counted.[/td]

[td]The best TWO results from the GP series will be counted. If a skater makes it into the Final, then that will be counted along with whichever GP event they placed highest on.[/td] [td]Challenger series.[/td][/tr][/table]

I am really amazed at zhenya's maturity at such young age.

And she called Yuzu PEERLESS!!! :space:

I sometimes think she may be lurking in PH. :wtf:

Nah, she'd only have had just a few hours to lurk here before she had that interview. So make it our old home! :devil:

Wait Yata, it Russia a bad word now? Come on, that's a bit harsh, isn't it? :s_tongue

Everyone could more or less mess up though. With Russia, it's IMO pretty open right now whom they're going to send at all... my current guess would be Mika Kolyada for both, but who knows what it looks like in nearly a year from now. And I doubt Mika would end up behind the German, Italian or French man for example, even if he doesn't have his best day. Japanese Dance and Pairs on the other hand...

I also need the Russian men not to mess up, because 1.) most of them are skaters I like and 2.) I want Russia to repeat as Team OGM (sorry Chanada!)

The chances of a repeat are pretty slim though. The girls are great, the pairs are solid, but dancers are... a mess, the men are showing some promise, but we need some more time.

Chanada has a well-balanced team, on the whole, so... if Gaby's in there, I wouldn't mind seeing them win. Sorry for being not patriotic.

Sure, Canada has the biggest chances right now, but I don't think it's that settled... Pairs can actually be really good if Stol/Klim stay heallthy. They came in 3rd in the WC LP despite messing up their SP first and pulled up to 5th to beat D/R anyway. IMO, Russia wins girls, likely Pairs; Canada wins Dance and likely men. And if a Russian man would beat Chiddy, given how much this man can implode, I wouldn't be too surprised either.

Again, I agree Canada is going in as fave, but I think Russia still has a really good fighting chance.