General Yuzuru Chat

Today when I was talking to one teacher in the classroom about my trip to Canada  ( like a thousand times already   :smiley-happy105: gushing about Yuzu) suddenly he turned around and told the students to do some research on Yuzu and print out his picture too as homework today !!!!!  And of course I made a little speech right there enlightening the wth - is-going - on students about Yuzu. :sadPooh:, hopefully I can convert some of these 8th graders to fanyus then my life is complete  :sadPooh:

now boys and girls , please excuse me for taking up your class time but this maybe the most significant homework you've ever done ! If not the most entertaining ! Trust me, and no need to thank me later on :tumblr_inline_ncmifaymmi1rpglid:

ACI here I come. :smiley-happy085:

20 minutes ago, ruruzest said:

Today when I was talking to one teacher in the classroom about my trip to Canada  ( like a thousand times already   :smiley-happy105: gushing about Yuzu) suddenly he turned around and told the students to do some research on Yuzu and print out his picture too as homework today !!!!!  And of course I made a little speech right there enlightening the wth - is-going - on students about Yuzu. :sadPooh:, hopefully I can convert some of these 8th graders to fanyus then my life is complete  :sadPooh:

ACI here I come. :smiley-happy085:

Go go ruruzest! Warp those tiny minds! (Just make sure you stop before they become our competition for getting tickets.)

1 hour ago, yuzuuu said:

can someone enlighten me why fans of certain skaters (*cough cough Shoma) are so terrifying and they have the guts to say fanyus are scary? T.T 

Please delete this if it's too inappropriate !!

We are crazy and evil, too, so they say! Don't bother with them! Yuzu is abt to skate in three days :tumblr_inline_ncmif5EcBB1rpglid: ... who cares what they say ... I don't! 

4 minutes ago, ralucutzagy said:

We are crazy and evil, too, so they say! Don't bother with them! Yuzu is abt to skate in three days :tumblr_inline_ncmif5EcBB1rpglid: ... who cares what they say ... I don't! 

I have to say, I don't get it, either. I spent some time on GS before fleeing because there seemed to be this disdain for Yuzu fans? Or people who were enchanted by the Overlord and are now trying to understand the sport itself?

But what I really find a little unfair is that I haven't seen any unfair criticism of other skaters here. Every post about them has acknowledged their strengths and then set out, clearly and logically, what a problem might be without any vitriol (like Shoma's PCS at Lombardia). I haven't seen any such logical breakdown of Yuzu's skating flaws. I have seen plenty of people (here, his fans) acknowledge that his stamina was something that needed a lot of work and his earlier programmes went from element to element in the second half. I have seen people freely acknowledge that a quad flip from Yuzu is probably unlikely un;ess he really works on it for a whole collection. Because the flip is not his best jump and probably never will be.

I get why it can be a 'cool' thing to not be a Yuzu fan. To me it feels like football fans who are too cool to be Messi fans. But I would be more appreciative of their stance if they could accompany their proud labelling of themselves as not Yuzu fans with a technical breakdown of his flaws as a skater instead of just throwing disdain at Fanyus. Like 'yeah he's overscored' well, please break it down and tell us what elements were overscored?

Yeah that was a rant. Sorry about that.

4 minutes ago, sublimeskating said:

ah well, haters gonna hate and all...

as you so rightly said, who cares?  we get to see yuzu skate in a few days time AND hopefully with new costumes!!!

gimme dark blue chopin + red seimei please!  :2thumbsup:

Hi, Sublime! Nice to see you again! :tumblr_inline_n18qr7hmfk1qid2nw: And, yes, Yuzu will have 2 new costumes, Brian said so in his interview, can't wait to see them!! :tumblr_inline_mqt4gmPEiv1qz4rgp:

16 minutes ago, ralucutzagy said:

thing is they're insulting yuzu fans and going a lil too far T.T but yeah i'm more concerned about yuzu, gahhh can't wait for ACI why must it be in the middle of the night for me cries.

4 minutes ago, WinForPooh said:

I have to say, I don't get it, either. I spent some time on GS before fleeing because there seemed to be this disdain for Yuzu fans? Or people who were enchanted by the Overlord and are now trying to understand the sport itself?

But what I really find a little unfair is that I haven't seen any unfair criticism of other skaters here. Every post about them has acknowledged their strengths and then set out, clearly and logically, what a problem might be without any vitriol (like Shoma's PCS at Lombardia). I haven't seen any such logical breakdown of Yuzu's skating flaws. I have seen plenty of people (here, his fans) acknowledge that his stamina was something that needed a lot of work and his earlier programmes went from element to element in the second half. I have seen people freely acknowledge that a quad flip from Yuzu is probably unlikely un;ess he really works on it for a whole collection. Because the flip is not his best jump and probably never will be.

I get why it can be a 'cool' thing to not be a Yuzu fan. To me it feels like football fans who are too cool to be Messi fans. But I would be more appreciative of their stance if they could accompany their proud labelling of themselves as not Yuzu fans with a technical breakdown of his flaws as a skater instead of just throwing disdain at Fanyus. Like 'yeah he's overscored' well, please break it down and tell us what elements were overscored?

Yeah that was a rant. Sorry about that.

exactly. many of the times when I ask them to explain/support their opinion, they just respond with a "he's just bad' etc kinda thing. I mean why is he bad or so? none can truly explain their stance. it seems like hating just for the sake of hating. but when I make constructive criticism with supporting evidence. they be like "-the fave- is really good alright, wth r u trying to say?' like they can't respond to me logically, instead they start targeting me as a person/fanyu. =.= 

sorry about starting this topic too. it's just soo much of these recently I feel like I'm gonna implode.