General Yuzuru Chat

Just now, SparkleSalad said:

Three words: Spidey Shoulder Shimmy

The EFF, bro?! :headdesk::headdesk::headdesk:

Patrick got 9.25, Nathan 9 for SS. Granted, Patrick had 2 falls but still.... it's skating skills! The thing Patrick is known for and the very best at! He had better scoring in SS (9.36) at GPF with 3 falls!

3 minutes ago, Murieleirum said:

I wouldn't say that Boyang is underscored as much as I would say that other people are overscored and so it looks like he gets a different treatment. A little bit like Yuzuru. 

Following this logic, the closest skater to become Yuzuru's dignified heir is Boyang! :laughing: Same unfair treatment from the judges. 

also the way boyang is progressing XD love them both. Judges do not have good eyes when it comes to who to favour haha (actually when did they ever have good eyes smh)

52 minutes ago, Xen said:

More than just the distance and height, lightness etc, you can tell they love those jumps. As hard as quads are, it's amazing that a guy can love such a troublesome and difficult jump. When they land their quads you can tell on their faces a feeling of "Did you guys ever doubt against me?" So steady, so reliable. 

It always amazes me to see that during the revolution in the air, their faces look so contorted, so intense, but when they land ,especially Yuzu, there's a calm almost serene look, dramatic change within second

2 minutes ago, xeyra said:

Patrick got 9.25, Nathan 9 for SS. Granted, Patrick had 2 falls but still.... it's skating skills! The thing Patrick is known for and the very best at! He had better scoring in SS (9.36) at GPF with 3 falls!

I feel loke I just woke up in a world where the sky is banana. That's how bonkers crazy pants this is. No wonder Yuzu and Pchan were being so chummy at that comp. 

Just now, sublimeskating said:

LOL i LOVE looking at jump faces!!!

but yes, definitely agree with you on that!  yuzu reverts back to his calm very quickly on landing!

boyang's jump faces always crack me up LOL

that and his habit of sticking his face upwards when he jumps... :rofl:

How does he even do that with his face? I still can't work it out. Insect anatomy?

There's a funny video of Oda on Youtube on a variety show trying to smile during a jump! I'll try to find it again.

So, that Hanyu, huh? Pretry swell guy, amirite? #Basictopicrequirementfulfilled

4 minutes ago, SparkleSalad said:

I feel loke I just woke up in a world where the sky is banana. That's how bonkers crazy pants this is. No wonder Yuzu and Pchan were being so chummy at that comp. 

Yeah, the scariest thing is that you know that Yuzuru READS those score sheets. I don't know if he reads other skater's, but he sure as hell reads his own. And he knows EXACTLY if he deserves that, or more. And he will never complain with himself about the unfairness of it, he will always push himself and say "I will do even better next time so they won't be able to deny me", a la Helsinki. 

Just now, Murieleirum said:

Yeah, the scariest thing is that you know that Yuzuru READS those score sheets. I don't know if he reads other skater's, but he sure as hell reads his own. And he knows EXACTLY if he deserves that, or more. And he will never complain with himself about the unfairness of it, he will always push himself and say "I will do even better next time so they won't be able to deny me", a la Helsinki. 

exactly I really love his mentality (champion mindset). How easy would it be to just blame others (whether justified or not). it's really amazing to see how yuzu sees things XD I wanna be like that too T.T