General Yuzuru Chat

hi!!! im relatively new here too. ive been checking up on Yuzuru like once or twice a year after Sochi and it's just this month that i woke up and said to myself, "WHAT ARE YOU DOING" and started stanning him. i love him. 

also i'm really anxious about ACI but nonetheless excited to see Chopin 3.0 and Seimei 2.0!!!! 

42 minutes ago, Smultron said:

Welcome! :10742289: 

Don't worry, we've all been there, but being in a place like this really helps to build up some basic knowledge about fs very fast. Plus, you don't need to know all the tech stuff to appreciate performances, right? I had been clueless about the tech elements for years before I found out there was a massive fs fandom online and finally learned how to tell the jumps apart, how the scores really work (or don't work lol) and stuff.... 

I can't believe there are only a couple of days left till ACI... :tumblr_inline_ncmifiE3IT1rpglid::tumblr_inline_ncmif7esGm1rpglid::tumblr_inline_ncmif5EcBB1rpglid::tumblr_inline_ncmiffG34Z1rpglid: 

I know right! A few months ago we're just talking about how we'll not gonna survive the off-season because of the "lack" of Yuzu news, then here comes the FaOI mewzuru nyanyu:tumblr_inline_mm2wbaeqQM1qz4rgp:, then make way for "ton ton shuu paa" Yuzuru sensei, Media day (YES SEIMEI IS MY FREE PROGRAM YOU IDIOTS !!! :darklordyuzu:) the quad lutz and quad axel talk:13877886:. The Mt. Irene explotions:volcano:, our last minute saltiness:salty:(glares at icenetwork and ISU:hachimaki:) Who would have thought that ACI is just a few sleep away :pepper::dancingeggplant::pepper:Let's congratulate ourselves Sattelites! We made a good job of being alive!!! 

(sorry for rambling and using to many emoticons. I'm just sooo happy I'm still alive :tumblr_inline_ncmif7esGm1rpglid:

3 minutes ago, hopeandlegacy said:

hi!!! im relatively new here too. ive been checking up on Yuzuru like once or twice a year after Sochi and it's just this month that i woke up and said to myself, "WHAT ARE YOU DOING" and started stanning him. i love him. 

also i'm really anxious about ACI but nonetheless excited to see Chopin 3.0 and Seimei 2.0!!!! 

It took me a little while to get into Chopin because the first short I saw was PW, which is so drastically different from Chopin. But I've come around and now I can't wait to see it in competition. I bet he will cause a lot of fainting with Seimei. Even in my short time on the planet, I've come to realise that there's no point believing his current apparently planned layout. It'll be nice to have folks on hand with smelling salts, they'll be needed.

3 hours ago, Hydroblade said:

Currently sitting on the airport waiting to board. Did I mention this is my first time flying?

Can I just take this post to say how glad I am that I surrendered to Trollzuru Hanyu because my life is a thousand times more interesting now and I'm doing things I never thought I would do :tumblr_inline_ncmif5EcBB1rpglid:?

Thank you Yuzu, for coming into my life. I'm grateful that I'll be able to support you in the first competition of this very important season 💖 

Have a safe trip! And enjoy your magical first meeting with our Prince! We'll be waiting for your news! :smile:

2 minutes ago, hopeandlegacy said:

can i just say... that i am ready to faint. does that make sense? COME AT ME/US, HANYU. EXECUTE YOUR STEP SEQUENCES ON MY TEAR-STREAKED FACe. (i apologize, it's the nerves.)

He can spiral over my prone self, too. I really want that spiral in Semei. Really, really, really want it. :13877886:

53 minutes ago, WinForPooh said:

I play 'identify the jumps' when I watch and my success rate so far is... not good... :confused: As for identifying turns and steps... Well... :facepalm:  I tend to go 'That's a mo---ctaw--urn?'  :laughing:

Then I decided to just learn Yuzu's planned layout so I know what to expect, but then... The Evil Trollzuru, so I bet anything that won't work.

Haha, I'm mostly the same with turns and steps lol, I can only identify twizzles and loops in step sequences, everything else gets me like :scratch2::rolleye0008::scratch2: 

But being able to tell the jumps apart totally makes watching competitions so much more enjoyable, I know what you mean by saying that you "play" identifying them, it does feel like a wonderful game for me too! And then at some point you notice that you don't have to do advanced memory work to identify a jump but you just  immediately know what it is by simply looking at it, I'm still pretty overwhelmed by this :studsmatta: 

3 minutes ago, Smultron said:

Haha, I'm mostly the same with turns and steps lol, I can only identify twizzles and loops in step sequences, everything else gets me like :scratch2::rolleye0008::scratch2: 

But being able to tell the jumps apart totally makes watching competitions so much more enjoyable, I know what you mean by saying that you "play" identifying them, it does feel like a wonderful game for me too! And then at some point you notice that you don't have to do advanced memory work to identify a jump but you just  immediately know what it is by simply looking at it, I'm still pretty overwhelmed by this :studsmatta: 

Ah, I hope I get to that stage sometime! Especially the toe-assisted jumps, I know Yuzu does the flip after a lot of turning and steps and in the middle of the programme, while the lutz usually comes at the end (unless he YOLOs something else, then I sit and scratch my head again), but when I'm not expecting it I have to pause and scrutinise the edge, squinting a little, and I still don't get it right half the time! :laughing:

2 minutes ago, WinForPooh said:

Ah, I hope I get to that stage sometime! Especially the toe-assisted jumps, I know Yuzu does the flip after a lot of turning and steps and in the middle of the programme, while the lutz usually comes at the end (unless he YOLOs something else, then I sit and scratch my head again), but when I'm not expecting it I have to pause and scrutinise the edge, squinting a little, and I still don't get it right half the time! :laughing:

Flip and lutz were the trickiest for me. I was like: 'Wait what? They look the same? How are they different if one picks the ice with the same right leg?" But after you've seen some great quality lutzes and learnt to appreciate them it becomes easier to identify flips :laughing: 

10 minutes ago, WinForPooh said:

Welcome! And just in case you and @Smultron haven't seen them yet, the-real-xmonster on Tumblr has written a series of handy guides for recognising figure skating moves and explaining rules etc. I'm still learning to recognise turns and steps but it's great for a reference when you're learning ( : 

I mostly recognise Yuzu's jumps because I watch his routines too many times for it to be sensible... :facepalm:

3 minutes ago, kaerb said:

Welcome! And just in case you and @Smultron haven't seen them yet, the-real-xmonster on Tumblr has written a series of handy guides for recognising figure skating moves and explaining rules etc. I'm still learning to recognise turns and steps but it's great for a reference when you're learning ( : 

I mostly recognise Yuzu's jumps because I watch his routines too many times for it to be sensible... :facepalm:

Those guides are really helpful! Such a wonderful job by the person behind that blog :tumblr_inline_nhkezsTB3v1qid2nw: