General Yuzuru Chat

[NEWS] Local newsaper report

https://www3.nhk.or.jp/tohoku-news/20240314/6000026848.html

Two cherry tress planted at the gates of Tohoku High School and a plaque is to be placed to commemorate the Olympic achievement of Hanyu san and Arakawa san. Both Olys medallists attended the school during their high school years

Personal note - two olympic medallists from one school is truly astounding

7 minutes ago, Perelandra said:

https://www.asianews.it/news-en/Italian-fashion-comes-to-aid-of-Japanese-tsunami-victims-28469.html [NEWS]

GUUCI tm will be creating handbags from Sendaihira silk, the Unesco heritage traditionally made fabric. Proceeds from the handbag sales will be donated to Sendai Earthquake recovery efforts

Yuzu is certain to be really delighted with the announcement

Thanks for sharing. Is there a more recent initiative similar to this? The article linked was posted back in 2013...

27 minutes ago, AngelOnIce said:

Thanks for sharing. Is there a more recent initiative similar to this? The article linked was posted back in 2013...

Sorry, forgot to mention that the charity collaboration was related to previous charity efforts which may have been one of the reasons Yuzu agreed to partner with Gucci.

Last paragraph, Yuzu comments about brands which do something to nurture.

Edit: In the past Yuzu has chosen to work with brands which show commitment to giving back to an area or demonstrate conservation as part of the brand message

https://wwd.com/fashion-news/fashion-scoops/yuzuru-hanyu-gucci-brand-ambassador-1236262421/

I know next to nothing about fashion, but happy for Yuzu!!! A couple years ago certainly I would have not imagined this😆

I too think Gucci's previous efforts to support local artisans and charity may have played a role in Yuzuru's choice. Of course, there's way more than this at play when signing with a brand (including more prosaic financial considerations) but it may have made Zu take note of the brand all the same, like for many he has collaborated with in these years.

I'm curious about what this contract will entail...and where it will bring Yuzuru. tho it's more likely Gucci will go to Sendai for Yuzu than the other way around😆

4 minutes ago, EisElle said:

I know next to nothing about fashion, but happy for Yuzu!!! A couple years ago certainly I would have not imagined this😆

I too think Gucci's previous efforts to support local artisans and charity may have played a role in Yuzuru's choice. Of course, there's way more than this at play when signing with a brand (including more prosaic financial considerations) but it may have made Zu take note of the brand all the same, like for many he has collaborated with in these years.

I'm curious about what this contract will entail...and where it will bring Yuzuru. tho it's more likely Gucci will go to Sendai for Yuzu than the other way around😆

A new project ( clown Face emoji ) :smiley-scared003:

SENDAI Fashion Week !!!!!

Edit: Actually, Q - is this the first international brand that Yuzu has signed with since Proctor and Gamble ?

1 hour ago, TallyT said:

Who would have thought the boy who couldn't fix his own tie would end up Gucci ambassador?

The boy whose ill-fitting suits were a running joke!

:rofl3:
(Don’t worry, Yuzu, we were laughing with you, not at you. Mostly.)

10 hours ago, ZuCritter said:

The boy whose ill-fitting suits were a running joke!

:rofl3:
(Don’t worry, Yuzu, we were laughing with you, not at you. Mostly.)

It was endearing, wasn't it? But when you think of all the people who sneered at his costumes and his off-ice clothes, and now he's in demand for photoshoots and the ambassador for one of the biggest brands in the world...