General Yuzuru Chat

2 hours ago, shina07 said:

Is anyone else not able to concentrate on work today?! I just keep refreshing my twitter feed and the amount of support and happiness is making me feel giddy :YuzuPoohLove:

Me too, I had a list of stuff i really really needed to get done today... none of it.

38 minutes ago, snowy said:

I am overjoyed hearing this news. Congratulations to the newlyweds, hope they found peace and happiness together :cheer::cheer::cheer:

Per this, it's not certain they have gotten married just yet (and for us to already call them the newlyweds LOL).

One thing for certain is that he will get a spouse, but regardless the guessing game continues. Classic Yuzu 😂

Another thing, and this is what I agree with many others, is that we'll probably get little more information about his personal life (that secret talk with Gen Hoshino which will be broadcast at the end of this month MAY give us some but I doubt there will be much, and that's totally fine). Perhaps he will take SNS to talk about his future kids out of nowhere when the time comes LOL

PS: It seems tabloids caught him buying 2 new high-end apartments in Sendai way back in June but their guess back then was that those were for his sister and parents. Well....

It was a busy day, and I finally get a break, so I took a peek at Twitter (Yes, I'm calling it Twitter forever). The first thing I see is a post from AERA with the new magazine cover and the message:

"Congratulations on the marriage of Yuzuru Hanyu, who will be on the cover of the next issue of AERA. We will continue to deliver the appearance that continues to evolve even after turning professional."

I thought, "Ok, Google Translate is being dramatic and calling Yuzu's collaboration with AERA a marriage." 

Then I started seeing all the other congratulatory messages, so I finally checked YUZURUofficial_ , and OMG, it's for real!! :tumblr_inline_n2pjd648pi1qdlkyg:

I am soooo happy for him! :loveshower:

I had always hoped that someday he would find a special person that he loves as much as he loves ice-chan, and who will always be there for him and bring him happiness.

All the best to the new couple and may they enjoy a lifetime of love and happiness together! :tumblr_inline_nhkf04zUM41qid2nw::68271401:

And yes, I got no work done after that. :laughing:

A big congratulations to Yuzuru! :tumblr_inline_mueoe3Yabh1qdlkyg:

I didn't quite understand the marriage part of his tweet when it first dropped due to Google Translate's weird translation, so I thought it was just a "I'll keep doing my best towards skating and thank you for your support" type of message :tumblr_inline_mzx95p7TPv1r8msi5: But very soon the "registration" wording was clarified by fans on Twitter (me then: :confused0068:) and suddenly the marriage news was everywhere :panic: 

It's wonderful that Yuzuru's found someone he wants to spend his life with :heartpound: I'm also glad that he got to share the news on his own terms.

Wishing Yuzuru and his partner much happiness together! :tumblr_inline_nhkezmYSxk1qid2nw::tumblr_inline_n18qrbDQJn1qid2nw:

1 hour ago, Melodie said:

Per this, it's not certain they have gotten married just yet (and for us to already call them the newlyweds LOL).

One thing for certain is that he will get a spouse, but regardless the guessing game continues. Classic Yuzu 😂

Another thing, and this is what I agree with many others, is that we'll probably get little more information about his personal life (that secret talk with Gen Hoshino which will be broadcast at the end of this month MAY give us some but I doubt there will be much, and that's totally fine). Perhaps he will take SNS to talk about his future kids out of nowhere when the time comes LOL

PS: It seems tabloids caught him buying 2 new high-end apartments in Sendai way back in June but their guess back then was that those were for his sister and parents. Well....

i’ve been seeing the news about him buying 2 apartments a lot on Twitter but I’m curious now that he announced his marriage news, where did this rumor start? 

10 minutes ago, shina07 said:

i’ve been seeing the news about him buying 2 apartments a lot on Twitter but I’m curious now that he announced his marriage news, where did this rumor start? 

I dunno. I saw some fans brought it up. Must be from one of those tabloids following him on a regular basis. Pay them no mind. 

10 hours ago, SuzyQ said:

After I wrote the above, I rethought that, as we Japanese are somehow superstitious for a good luck, we choose lucky days according to a special calendar (almanac) for filing the marriage registration, wedding ceremony, and so on, and I heard that today August 4th is a really lucky day from several reasons.  And as you know, Yuzuru is especially superstitious, and he would not miss such an occasion. And if he wrote the message yesterday or so, exactly today may be the day he did the registration, then he got married by now.

What do you think about my guessing? :animated-smileys-hello-22:

Yes, while none of us can be 100% sure, I think so too, at least the marriage registration. :67638860:

Apparently, 4th August was:

• 天赦tenshabi - the most auspicious day for any activities
  • 一粒万倍日 ichiryuumanbaibi - a grain of seed can lead to 10,000 times of harvest, so any happiness is multiplied by 10,000 as well
  • 母倉日 bosounichi - the day when heaven cares for people as a mother for her child, an auspicious day for marriages
  • 大安 taian - the luckiest day in the Japanese 六曜 rokuyou calendar

There are only three days in 2023 where tenshabi and ichiryuumanbaibi overlap: 6 Jan, 21 Mar and 4 Aug, so these days are considered the best among the auspicious days in the year. In addition, 6 Jan and 21 Mar did not fall on the bosounichi or taian day.

So you could say that this is the best possible day for marriage this year, and I believe Yuzu chose it with much careful consideration.

1 hour ago, Kizuna said:

Yes, while none of us can be 100% sure, I think so too, at least the marriage registration. :67638860:

Apparently, 4th August was:

• 天赦tenshabi - the most auspicious day for any activities
  • 一粒万倍日 ichiryuumanbaibi - a grain of seed can lead to 10,000 times of harvest, so any happiness is multiplied by 10,000 as well
  • 母倉日 bosounichi - the day when heaven cares for people as a mother for her child, an auspicious day for marriages
  • 大安 taian - the luckiest day in the Japanese 六曜 rokuyou calendar

There are only three days in 2023 where tenshabi and ichiryuumanbaibi overlap: 6 Jan, 21 Mar and 4 Aug, so these days are considered the best among the auspicious days in the year. In addition, 6 Jan and 21 Mar did not fall on the bosounichi or taian day.

So you could say that this is the best possible day for marriage this year, and I believe Yuzu chose it with much careful consideration.

Oh..i did not know that.I guess knowing Yuzuru he really carefully selected this date for a reason.I guess he really is in a relationship for a while now.I see Yuzuru like my little brother..same hobbies and interest,same mannerism and he really looks like a teenager sometimes..thats why initially i am quite shock to heard that he is getting married.It really brave of him to announced  that. If he did not tell us ,we still think he is still single since his personal life is really private..

Congratulations to Yuzuru and his partner!!  :heart:    :heart:                       

I am so happy and proud of being his fan. It is definitely not an easy announcement to make given his fame and adoration from his legion of supportive fans around the world.

But I am so glad to learn the news directly from the man instead of the paparazzi that could turn this wonderful chapter of his life into something else. I always love the way he cherishes his fans and stays true to his words.

It is such a shocking development no doubt. But Yuzu deserves true love and happiness just like everybody else. Thank you for reminding us once again that you have given 24 years worth of hard work, tears, joy and passion for skating will continue to do so in the future.

I cant wait to see the sort of brilliance you would undoubtedly bring on ice with more life experience and maturity. I will keep anticipating and supporting you.

To the courageous and considerate skating angel, FLY HIGH YUZU!!!!!!!!

9 hours ago, lynnidolz said:

Maybe because in Japan gay marriage is not allowed, that's why the assumptions about the sex of one's partner occur

I also asked myself this question and here is the answer : NO not allowed (well for the moment) : but if it was allowed with a man it would not have bothered me because it would have been his personal choice of life 

https://www.lapresse.ca/international/asie-et-oceanie/2021-03-17/japon-ouverture-pour-le-mariage-homosexual.php# 

Here is my contribution to his happiness 

https://www.essonneinfo.fr/91-essonne-info/34717/les-fans-celebrent-le-mariage-de-la-star-japonaise-du-patinage-artistique-yuzuru-hanyu/?unapproved=1879&moderation -hash=c5bb70b4336cb4e1573a20ee27632715#comment-1879   and, of course, only Yuzu will mention who his wife is without too many details, because the "hardcore" fans are hyper virulent and will take it badly   :/.....

2 hours ago, Yuzuwinnie said:

I also asked myself this question and here is the answer : NO not allowed (well for the moment) : but if it was allowed with a man it would not have bothered me because it would have been his personal choice of life 

https://www.lapresse.ca/international/asie-et-oceanie/2021-03-17/japon-ouverture-pour-le-mariage-homosexual.php# 

Here is my contribution to his happiness 

https://www.essonneinfo.fr/91-essonne-info/34717/les-fans-celebrent-le-mariage-de-la-star-japonaise-du-patinage-artistique-yuzuru-hanyu/?unapproved=1879&moderation -hash=c5bb70b4336cb4e1573a20ee27632715#comment-1879   and, of course, only Yuzu will mention who his wife is without too many details, because the "hardcore" fans are hyper virulent and will take it badly   :/.....

If his partner is not a public figure, who’s not used to all the media, paparazzi etc. i understand completely. I hope one day we will see some photos of them, the ones Yuzu will share, not paparazzi. I’ve also recently seen a video about the long lasting marriages in Hollywood, even if both partners are actors, they kept their private life private, and this helps them to keep going.