General Yuzuru Chat

1 hour ago, liv said:

Remember Jason said he'd see him in September, or something like that. Still wonder what that's about...

the way they giggled about that, I thought that they were planning the overthrow of i*u or to do another ice show, but now I'm not so certain, maybe it was just Yuzu's wedding

OMG. I STILL CAN'T BELIEVE IT. I AM COMPLETELY IN SHOCK. I WAS JUST WENT OUT WITH MY FRIENDS FOR A COUPLE HOURS AND LOOK WHAT HAPPENED??!!

okay now i’m calm. Just want to write couple of words to describe how grateful i am right now. I can't if I don't say it. congratulations yuzuru. i just feel happy very very much indeed. so satisfied to know that you are not lonely anymore. be happy and together whose you love for the rest of your life. live as you wish. enjoy your life to the fullest. 本当にありがとうございました羽生結弦さん。おめでとうございます。

1 minute ago, Danibellerika said:

As a fan of his for 10 years I am equal parts shocked AND thrilled for him! He has given SO much to this sport and now he can focus on another chapter in his life. After looking at that BTS dance cover of Dynamite, I guess life really is Dynamite for him right now. I'm just so happy to know that he is in a GOOD place...a VERY good place! Wishing him and the new Mrs. Hanyu nothing but the best! Makes my heart so very full. 

And side note: I'm also happy for his mom. I think back to that time at Autumn Classic when I gave her my extra seat because our section was totally full.  She spent a huge part of her life being so dedicated to him and his career as well. A total MVP!! And now she can send him on his way (though I'm sure they are still really close). 

Yes 🥰 all the gratitude and respect to his mom forever, how must she be feeling, looking at Yuzu now getting married 🥺, she must be so proud and happy too!

Holy shit! Holy shit! HOLY SHIT! :eek: :eeking: :jaw:

I just saw Yuzu's marriage announcement and I'm still in disbelief and shock. I really didn't expect this. But if there is anything I've learned as a Fanyu over the years, it's that Yuzu never fails to surprise us again and again. Even though I have to admit that this is probably the biggest surprise by far. :knc_yuzu1:

I have no idea how he managed to find a partner and date while keeping it all a secret. With this, ninja master Yuzu's has achieved a new master level of ninjaing. :tumblr_inline_mqt4grU8ua1qz4rgp:

Also, how did he do all this while doing so many unbelievable, unprecedented things as a pro-skater? Now this is what I call Planet Hanyu level efficiency. :grin:

Anyway, I wish Yuzu and his partner a happy marriage and a wonderful, healthy, joyful life together. Yuzu deserves the very best things in life. I hope he is healthy and happy always. :loveshower:

4 minutes ago, ZuCritter said:

So THIS  is why he had to go to Toronto and retrieve Old Man Pooh-San. How could he let Pooh miss the wedding?

:dancingpooh:

Exactly! Also, he had to get Pooh's approval of his new spouse. :YuzuPoohLove:

Both Old Man Pooh and Yuzu Pooh will be the best men at Yuzu's wedding.

This is yet another reason Yuzu inspires me. 

Today was my day off and all I've accomplished is 1 load of laundry and changing my sheets... in an entire day. On a normal day Yuzu would probably wake up at lunch, practice, write a book, pose for a magazine spread, call his parents, call his significant other, play a video game, spend time with Pooh, design a costume, video choreo a new program, nap, and bake cookies. Seriously, this guy's time management skills... 

I should definitely be getting more out of my time/life!!

Complete and UTTER shock!! I'm amazed that he had time to date and what not since he was so busy. So many things are rushing through my head. Like WOAH! This is amazing!! I'm so happy for him and his partner! Congratulations to the happy couple!!

2 hours ago, SuzyQ said:

After I wrote the above, I rethought that, as we Japanese are somehow superstitious for a good luck, we choose lucky days according to a special calendar (almanac) for filing the marriage registration, wedding ceremony, and so on, and I heard that today August 4th is a really lucky day from several reasons.  And as you know, Yuzuru is especially superstitious, and he would not miss such an occasion. And if he wrote the message yesterday or so, exactly today may be the day he did the registration, then he got married by now.

What do you think about my guessing? :animated-smileys-hello-22:

I am 99,99% sure this is exactly what happened :laughing:

2 hours ago, Yuzu_legend said:

I don’t think he’d “risk” all eyes on him for the next days if still going to register it? 🤔 However we won’t know for sure with that wording right?! 😅

I agree! 

Congratulations to the happy couple. :star-plucker-smiley:

But uhhhh...l folks? Can someone help me out here? From what I can tell Yuzu didn't mention any details about his marriage partner, but I'm seeing a lot of "wife" and "Mrs. Hanyu" mentioned and while the comments are pleasant and respectful enough (so far) I'm feeling a little uncomfortable making assumptions about his partner's gender. Was there anything to suggest a specific gender in his statement? Cuz if so I'm not seeing it.

For the time being, I'll stick with the more gender neutral term "partner". Saves future embarrassment all around.

Eventhough Yuzuru is not an idol or celebrity but an athlete but some of his fans treated him as such and even media also.One his charms besides a good figure skater and a good person he is also kind of dubbed as one most desirable bachelor in Japan..even proof by some of the polls.I just wonder if the news will effect his popularity onwards.I am sorry if this question is not allowed ,just curious.Will delete it if not allowed

1 minute ago, Flutterby said:

Congratulations to the happy couple. :star-plucker-smiley:

But uhhhh...l folks? Can someone help me out here? From what I can tell Yuzu didn't mention any details about his marriage partner, but I'm seeing a lot of "wife" and "Mrs. Hanyu" mentioned and while the comments are pleasant and respectful enough (so far) I'm feeling a little uncomfortable making assumptions about his partner's gender. Was there anything to suggest a specific gender in his statement? Cuz if so I'm not seeing it.

For the time being, I'll stick with the more gender neutral term "partner". Saves future embarrassment all around.

Maybe because in Japan gay marriage is not allowed so that's why the assumptions of his partner gender come about