General Yuzuru Chat

What a joy to see Yuzuru's official YT channel! It made my Sunday a happy one!! Just subscribed minutes ago where there were 180K subscribers. And now there are already 188K... Nice! 

Really sweet and heartwarming to read the comments from Fanyus all over the globe in Yuzu's first YT video. :heart:

@liv I spent the morning waging war on the ivy constantly making its way into my garden from my neighbour’s wasteland - very annoying.  My bad mood evaporated as soon as I picked up my iPad, realised it was genuine, and started to laugh.  I’ve been smirking to myself sitting in my garden chair ever since - iconic.  I don’t even care about the ivy invasion any more.

What a lovely day today is :dancinghotdog: I didn't expect yuzu to open a YouTube channel so soon but what a great surprise. I'm reading the comments and they are all so heartwarming :girlsigh:. The next chapter has really begun.

It's amazing the effect a one minute (11 seconds) video has on us; my heart feels light and I have a smile on my face as I type, the tears are gone, the sun is shining, and unicorns are frolicking outside my window!!!

3 hours ago, rockstaryuzu said:

Agree with this. Just replay the video every time you sign on to YouTube, instead. Keep the views growing over time.

Or, make a playlist with other videos interspersing between adding Yuzu's video to the list multiple times. Maybe use videos from other channels you want to support, like @Henni147's stuff (or your favorite band!)

But, can anyone tell me how much difference high view counts will make for a channel like Yuzu's? For a  music video, for example, the YT viewcount is sometimes included as part of the metrics for hit charts, which translates into awards, promotions, and radio play or music sales. But figure skating has none of these.

What does Yuzu get out of his videos having high view counts?

More views and especially subscribers generates advertising revenue. Encourages the channel to keep on producing content and more advertising income for you tube plus channel gets a tiny amount but this can build up over time

Imagine this.

600,000 people view your first YouTube video in less than half a day.

Every 6th of them likes it and every 3rd even subscribes to your channel.

In reality the ratio is probably even better, considering that many of us watched the video more than once on multiple devices.