General Yuzuru Chat

2 hours ago, Pammi said:

If Sapporo wins OWG 2030, then surely Yuzu MUST appear at the WL or NS or HYK or all skating gala or some new beautiful program in front of a global audience many of whom will never have seen skating like this - they won't definitely not. I saw something similar in competitive skating at the 2030 Olys! .... we were so lucky! 

:wave:  it's with you again that I learn that Sapporo is bidding for the 2030 Olympics and they have already taken place in 1972 

https://olympics.com/fr/infos/sapporo-1972-premiers-olympic-games-winter-asia   and to discover how you can transform a hall into an ice rink  :agree: and I would like Sapporo to be the host city for 2030

On the Yuzu side as a competitor in 2030: 36 years old, I would say "a bit tight" and he laughs more  and more :hehe: and possible in the organizing committee and "stir the ISU"  :deal: (he shows his thesis)   and on the other hand, plausible in gala because Nobu who is 34 years old still skates at FOI and tried to do Seimei (I saw it here) and found it difficult and here it is again https://www.globaltimes.cn/page/202202/ 1252742.shtml  

There is another city that is asking for the 2030 Winter Olympics and that is Barcelona : https://www.lequipe.fr/Tous-sports/Actualites/Jo-d-hiver-2030-trois-villes-sont -candidates-dont-barcelona-pyrenees/1097384   and it is well specified Pyrenees and Andorra which is logical, which is shared in 2 with France and I translate the comment to you : "so it is Barcelona which organizes the Olympic Games, but half of the events are not in Barcelona : logical ..... (in addition he made a grammar mistake) and the ice rinks ???? countries where there are very few of them ...... and anyway, let's wait for 2023 

Ah YES Marie Kyo VERY good idea that you wrote  : iagree: and  :agree: : it would be wonderful to admire Yuzu outside the ice rink and natural scenery : so call on his :nod2:sponsors

As a new fan it's just wonderful to see how Yuzu's been improving over the years, comparing his performances of the same program, such as Parisienne Walkways 2014 Sochi vs PW 2019 Skate Canada. In my opinion Rondo is by far No.1 in terms of skating skills. It could have been an Olympic classic if it hadn't been for that bad luck. Tenchi is also great in composition (one of my favorites❤️). The man is still at his very best (despite the recently-injured ankle). Many people just forgot that. 

:hairflip:

32 minutes ago, eren said:

As a new fan it's just wonderful to see how Yuzu's been improving over the years, comparing his performances of the same program, such as Parisienne Walkways 2014 Sochi vs PW 2019 Skate Canada. In my opinion Rondo is by far No.1 in terms of skating skills. It could have been an Olympic classic if it hadn't been for that bad luck. Tenchi is also great in composition (one of my favorites❤️). The man is still at his very best (despite the recently-injured ankle). Many people just forgot that. 

I think (hope) we haven't even seen the final form of Rondo yet :wink2:

Guest Mary_kyo

No but how he is still able to *think* about competing after going through hell every year and being treated like a sh*t by everyone? I mean this video was recorded 4 days after the FS in Beijing, he injured, in severe pain, betrayed by Universe, not rewarded, 4 years of underscoring and he could joke about competing in 2030…. Yuzu, I love you, crazy little man.

3 hours ago, airi said:

Huh, Yuzu will be only 35 during 2030 Olympics, and only in his 20th senior season :laughing:

I believe that Yuzu will be able to compete for another four seasons and will still be competitive at age 35 if that is what he really wants to do as long as he takes care of his right ankle.

At present, he is the best that he has ever been. He is stronger, has more stamina, has better technique, has better skating skills and musicality than he has had before and these are all improving. Skating is his life and he has so much more that he wants to learn and to show the world.

Yuzu did not podium at the Beijing Olympics because of pre-existing injury, bad luck, another intervening fall during practice aggravating an already bad ankle injury, and biased judging. If he had not popped the quad Sal in the short, even with bad judging, he would have scored 109 – 112 points.

Posting a score in this range would have put tremendous pressure on Nathan, Yuma and Shoma which would negatively impact on their performances. If Yuzu had been in first or second place after the short, he may not have pushed himself so much practicing the quad Axel between the short and the free and avoided further injury to his ankle. Skating the free without the aggravating practice injury, his performance would have been better resulting in a much higher total score.

I know that this is a series of "but ifs," however, the point I am getting at is that even with a serious right ankle injury and the judging panel prejudiced against him, he was a definite contender for another gold medal.

As Yuzu said, if he really wanted to go for the third gold medal, he could have changed his layout to replace the quad Axel with easier jumps with only slightly lower base values that would have garnered him higher grades of execution.

We know that Yuzu is disappointed and contemplating his future right now, but I am confident that he will find his way through and that his love of skating will overcome his doubts. The ISU and JSF will continue to try to diminish him, but their efforts will be in vain because his skating will be his legacy and his millions of fans will be the grateful beneficiaries.

1 hour ago, Mary_kyo said:
No but how he is still able to *think* about competing after going through hell every year and being treated like a sh*t by everyone? I mean this video was recorded 4 days after the FS in Beijing, he injured, in severe pain, betrayed by Universe, not rewarded, 4 years of underscoring and he could joke about competing in 2030…. Yuzu, I love you, crazy little man.

Psst… I don’t think he was joking… I think it was a Freudian slip.

1 hour ago, Mary_kyo said:

Non, mais comment est-il encore capable de *penser* à la compétition après avoir traversé l'enfer chaque année et avoir été traité comme une merde par tout le monde ? Je veux dire que cette vidéo a été enregistrée 4 jours après le FS à Pékin, il s'est blessé, dans une douleur intense, trahi par Universe, non récompensé, 4 ans de sous-score et il pourrait plaisanter sur la compétition en 2030…. Yuzu, je t'aime, petit fou.

Bahhhh you know Marie kyo, that by reading what you wrote (but on the other hand, I didn't really understand what was written below his smile: sorry  :/ : he was the one who said this sentence? ) and as he treated etc .... in a sense laughing and joking and not lowering his head and being sad , well he challenges them =  : clapclap4: YES big fool knowing very well what he is doing  :pouty:  and I don't know what's written there  :shrug: and here's a cover in English of "haru yo koi" and it's  :heartpound: :  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lykhh52NEXk   and this one in traditional Japanese instruments and under sakura  :smiley-char023: :  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y7EvvrvztwY   and in my momentum, here is "hana wa saku" also in Japanese instruments and for a good cause that Yuzu cares about:  https://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=hana+wa+saku+youtube&docid= 608040414402717263&mid=E7EEBF76FF6E09C7CE4DE7EEBF76FF6E09C7CE4D&view=detail&FORM=VIRE  : snonegai:  and on a note of cheerfulness here is our very happy Yuzu who enjoys it, big rascal :peek:

It’s so telling which men’s singles SP performances at the Beijing Olympics captivated the spectators and casual viewers of figure skating by looking at the number of views these videos attracted and in spite of fanciful video titles for the OGM. I was watching Yuzu's programs and casually scrolling down the list of videos and saw this: 

Yuzu  with 291, 115 views (video made avail on 21 Feb)

Yuma with 29K views (video avail 11 days ago)

NC’s video titled ‘HISTORIC Figure Skating Performances at Beijing..’ with 34K views (video avail 3 wks ago)

NC’s video titled ‘Nathan Chen sets a new men’s SP World record!…’ with 65k views (video avail 3 wks ago)

NC’s video titled ‘Nathan Chen’s WORLD RECORD short program!’ with 89K views, video avail 11 days ago

Donovan with 44K views (video avail 11 days ago)

Jason Brown with 15K views (video avail 7 days ago)

Shoma Uno with 31K views (video avail 10 days ago)

Adam Siao with 16K views (video avail 4 days ago)

Worthy to note, the number of views for Yuzu’s SP video is still increasing as I type this while the number of views for others seem to have stabilised.

Guest Mary_kyo
11 minutes ago, Yuzuwinnie said:

Bahhhh you know Marie kyo, that by reading what you wrote (but on the other hand, I didn't really understand what was written below his smile: sorry  :/ : he was the one who said this sentence? ) and as he treated etc .... in a sense laughing and joking and not lowering his head and being sad , well he challenges them =  : clapclap4: YES big fool knowing very well what he is doing  :pouty:  and I don't know what's written there 

Oh, the photo is a meme:” hit by a car and dumped in the trash, but this pigeon isn’t giving up”, which is used to imply how Yuzu (the pigeon) isn’t giving up on competing after going through a lot of hardships.

Ikr, he is mentally strong. Personally, on 14th Feb, I was crying buckets thinking about what happened to him.

22 minutes ago, Geo1 said:

Psst… I don’t think he was joking… I think it was a Freudian slip.

And I will happily support him competing in 2030 and beyond (though I have to try my best to ignore ISU and clowns). Afterall, the men peak in their 30s. :coolio:

1 hour ago, Geo1 said:

Posting a score in this range would have put tremendous pressure on Nathan, Yuma and Shoma which would negatively impact on their performances. If Yuzu had been in first or second place after the short, he may not have pushed himself so much practicing the quad Axel between the short and the free and avoided further injury to his ankle. Skating the free without the aggravating practice injury, his performance would have been better resulting in a much higher total score.

Agreed! Actually I used to be very curious about how Yuzu’s performance + reaction from the audience (cheers, Pooh rains, etc.) would impact other skaters, because he is just sooooo popular, the absolutely most brilliant star on ice, and since competition is also much about psychology, other skaters will definitely feel pressured upon witnessing Yuzu’s moment and the incredible atmosphere…I think Pyeongchang 2018 is just a good example. 

That’s also why I hate the current pandemic…leaving an interactive performer unable to draw energy up from the crowd…but yes, there’s no “but if” and the hole was there in the ice and we could do nothing about it. I’d rather take it as a miracle, a trial in the disguise of misfortune. 

I’m a figure skater amateur so supposedly I’m not qualified to say this, but I do think he’s been improving a lot in the past four years and Rondu + Tenchi + other programs he performed at other TV shows are just amazing. Much calmer, more focused, a stronger command of the scene, attention to every detail, more stamina…

*start saving money for 2030 winter holiday*

And now the only thing that worries me is his ankle. 🙏🙏🙏

17 hours ago, Xiupia said:

JSF really making Yuzu work for Sapporo’s bid 

nice to see him 🥰

”I want to participate in the Olympics if it’s in Sapporo”, Yuzu please… 

This post has been tagged by yuzuangel as [NEWS].

I'll think it's half and half, the Yuzuru who wants to skate for the rest of his life and the Yuzuru who enjoys giving ISU/IOC/JSF etc heartburn. So funny :roll:

9 hours ago, Mary_kyo said:

I was thinking which one of Yuzu’s sponsors will be smart enough to take him to a frozen lake and record him skating under the natural lights? Or release blue-ray of him skating to all of Chopin's Ballades? There are endless opportunities when you are sponsoring THE Yuzuru Hanyu, please take full advantage of it. 

I already miss his skating so much and we are just at the beginning of the drought. :sigh:

Yes, please, someone have to do this :tumblr_inline_mfy936EPNF1qid2nw:

6 hours ago, eren said:

Rondo is wonderful :67638860: I remember that while watching his performance at JNATS I forgot to breathe more than once... It was crystal clear to me how much he has improved in the practice sessions he did before the gala.

I have finally been able to see the video of the interview on the 14th and I have to say that it has not left me with the bad feeling that I expected. Rather it has put me at ease and I feel optimistic about Yuzu. I have the feeling that Yuzuru has a deep knowledge of himself, with which he's able to understand that at that moment the only thing he could do is digest what happened and enjoy the days ahead, instead of making decisions based on the emotions of the moment. As always, I actually speak from my own experience. As a highly emotional person, I think Yuzu is too, you soon learn to not  make decisions when you're at an emotional peak, whatever the emotion.

*****Thanks a lot to the Axel with wings team :tumblr_inline_mm2wbaeqQM1qz4rgp:*****