General Yuzuru Chat

11 minutes ago, yuzuangel said:

What's DFS?

And what do you mean?:tumblr_inline_ncmifiE3IT1rpglid:

I think he was talking about passing through the Duty Free Shopping area in airports.  Generally referring to the strong perfume smell in this area which he and other athletes find rather off-putting (he used a word "nigate" which means something for which one is not very good at doing or tolerating - diplomatically putting the blame on oneself and not on the offending scent).  

This interview was a masterclass in diplomacy. He basically said he doesn't like the smell of roses and jasmine (too strong) but compliments how Sekkisei has achieved a delicate balance which results in a fragrance he can appreciate.  He is also allergic to alcohol - it will lead to redness etc on his skin - but he quickly turns attention to how Sekkisei can cool down an overheated skin, e.g., when he gets very hot even on the cold ice rink.  He is never explicit about it but he seems to be trying to compliment the cooling effect of alcohol on his and other athletes' skin...  He would do better than most UN and World Bank officials at negotiating around a delicate subject matter.  

Addendum:   I also find the DFS area overwhelming and my skin breaks out in welts with wool and alcohol - connected with asthma, hypersensitive epithelial cells. 

1 hour ago, yuzuangel said:

What's DFS?

And what do you mean?:tumblr_inline_ncmifiE3IT1rpglid:

I was just curious about those athletes whose nose are as sensitive as Yuzu 😅😅 ...from this we find out that Yuzu favors lighter fragrance(/flavor/taste) to richer ones (though it seems that he can sometimes take a bit of herbal/spicy flavor (I was thinking of ginger/piiman), as long as it is still light enough maybe...). I was just curious, which athletes was he talking about? (It seems like his fellow skaters? Team Japan mates? If so, who are they?). Nothing too serious really 😅😅

1 hour ago, ralucutzagy said:

:tumblr_inline_n18qr5lPWB1qid2nw::smiley-char023::tumblr_inline_n18qr5lPWB1qid2nw:Amazing, lovely young man!

That makes it clearer, so far it's because:

1. The snow (雪) in the name Sekkisei

2. The charity done by the company (it's a nature conservation type of charity too! :tumblr_inline_mg16go8gBg1qdlkyg:<3)

I feel like there might be more reasons from the ones listed here, but it isn't like I need answers immediately 😅😅🙈

28 minutes ago, Figure_Frenzy said:

That makes it clearer, so far it's because:

1. The snow (雪) in the name Sekkisei

2. The charity done by the company (it's a nature conservation type of charity too! :tumblr_inline_mg16go8gBg1qdlkyg:<3)

I feel like there might be more reasons from the ones listed here, but it isn't like I need answers immediately 😅😅🙈

Yup, looks like there's a question & answer exactly on this topic in this Hochi article translated by Iron Klaus (don't know if it was posted here already)

Asked about why he agreed to become the Sekkisei Ambassador:
"I was inspired by how Sekkisei wanted to go global and keep challenging itself to do more. It is a brand with longevity and has been loved by its fans for a long time.  Sekkisei also has contributed to society in many ways. In this sense, I thought it would be great to be an ambassador for Sekkisei."

Probably the "has contributed to society in many ways" part includes the charity work as well.

He does costumes and sportswear and traditional japanese  clothes - anything else is sponsor/JSF provision and doesn’t fit - why does this still surprise everyone?

2 minutes ago, Sombreuil said:

He does costumes and sportswear and traditional japanese  clothes - anything else is sponsor/JSF provision and doesn’t fit - why does this still surprise everyone?

Because it's so very different from here where someone as popular as he is would of course get clothes for free but they would fit.It's interesting how different the world is and it's refreshing and beautiful in its variety.

It sort of bugs me that the left suit sleeve has three button holes and the right one has only two.. :judgmental:

3 minutes ago, Murieleirum said:

Am I the only one getting hype over 4A having "20% more" landing percentage

like, 20% more than WHAT. 

I can't figure out if he means that he's not at 20% (i.e. he's at less than 20%) , or if he has 20% to go (i.e. he's at 80% now).

If someone could help clarify - it should be the bit at 0:52 in part 3 of the Going! thread that was linked before: https://twitter.com/yuzu1207_s/status/1142453014944346112

However, the question is:
-  should we really trust his percentages, which we can assume that are relative not to any scale of reference that we can imagine, but to his ideal that he's currently in the process of fighting with 

- or should we freak out anyway, because if he's already at the point where he's giving out percentages in interviews, then it means that it's REAL and it's going to HAPPEN and yay, we're doing this, I was supposed to be ready by now but apparently I'm not :13877886: 

45 minutes ago, Sombreuil said:

To be fair the shoulder fits well and that's enough for me, considering how hard it is to tailor for him (ie. his unique body shape, for lack of a better word...). The trousers' fit looks straight enough to me, extra length aside (due to his thighs it seems, otherwise the trousers' hems gonna travel way up if it were fitted standing up.) Might not be there just yet but I feel like his suit fitting isn't as bad as it used to be :think:

22 minutes ago, Murieleirum said:

Am I the only one getting hype over 4A having "20% more" landing percentage

like, 20% more than WHAT. 

Was it like 5% before? So now it's 25% landing ability? He lands one in four??? HUH??

I thought it was 10%, so if the increase were simply adding up the percentage then it would be 30% by now?

Whoa....:sharky:

13 minutes ago, steemsprite said:

I can't figure out if he means that he's not at 20% (i.e. he's at less than 20%) , or if he has 20% to go (i.e. he's at 80% now).

If the latter were the case then, well, brace yourselves.... :sharky:

Edit: after listening to the clip the way I understand it is actually the first meaning? (ie. isn't even at 20%). I'll

wait for a better translation 😫😫🙈

Yea I gonna use that shark emoji a lot in anticipation of Nessie

51 minutes ago, Figure_Frenzy said:

Edit: after listening to the clip the way I understand it is actually the first meaning? (ie. isn't even at 20%). I'll

wait for a better translation 😫😫🙈

I'm guessing you're right, it sounds more like something he'd say in an interview at this point (at least more likely than the other option).

But right, better wait and meanwhile enjoy the  :68271262: hour-long :68271262: maximum amount of Yuzu content available video delivered by awesome people doing God's work :img_20: :multibow:

10 hours ago, wildstrawberry said:

the weibo stream(over 1 hour including yuzu handing goodies bags to bloggers)

ETA: lol at 25:42 "Photosession attendee #2, please scoot forward normally"

30:29 A tall lady in high heels appears... tippy toe time!

39:47 He ninja runs up the stairs https://i.imgur.com/tiNpBRX.png

And always Yuzu vs Setsuko-chan comedy gold

I've just watched "going" interview and don't have time to translate everything, but Yuzuru says he hasn't reached even 20% at his standard on 4A in the practice before FaOI, so less than 20%. He says he will make time to train the jump and work hard from now on :)

5 minutes ago, yude said:

I've just watched "going" interview and don't have time to translate everything, but Yuzuru says he hasn't reached even 20% at his standard on 4A in the practice before FaOI, so less than 20%. He says he will make time to train the jump and work hard from now on :)

:thanks: