General Yuzuru Chat

Just now, Yatagarasu said:

That's interesting to hear! For example I really, really don't like LGC and when it comes to Prince in general, it's touch and go for me. And strangely enough, I still don't like the song but I love the program. I think Yuzuru's performance takes over the music and as a whole it carries me off, so I must congratulate him on that, I never thought it'd be possible when I first heard the music he had chosen. 

And I love the guitar part, but I'm meh about the vocals... :)

Just wait guys until Yuzu decides to skate Chopin 3.0 with his Juliet costume, I doubt it would bring the similar feeling like Chopin 2.0. I got that image in my mind before, and it was awesome in a really weird way. What is calmness when you have colorful rhinestones dancing on the ice with fast footwork  :xD:

9 minutes ago, Yatagarasu said:

That's interesting to hear! For example I really, really don't like LGC and when it comes to Prince in general, it's touch and go for me. And strangely enough, I still don't like the song but I love the program. I think Yuzuru's performance takes over the music and as a whole it carries me off, so I must congratulate him on that, I never thought it'd be possible when I first heard the music he had chosen. 

I am exactly the same, I will never listen to the song on its own but I keep watching the program over and over again.. I really love the program but not the song.

4 hours ago, xeyra said:

Noodly smoll!Yuzu with the contortionist layback Ina Bauer that hurt my back just watching (and he almost fell on it, LOL). The music not being the real version kind of makes it super weird to watch.

This video has real music if anybody is interested... just skip to 0:13 :smile:

Let's Go Crazy is my favorite of Yuzuru's short programs, when it's done like at the GPF or in encores, I just love the electric mix of star power, absolute musicality, extroversion, as well as despite the incredibly fast pace, the playfulness with the choreography, the spontaneity, and the abandon to the audience and to the music. He's so good he doesn't need to follow every step as it's been outlined, he can play with the timing and his gestures like someone who is out there just having fun, nothing seems to be done for marks (pumping your fist in a sit spin? I'm sold!). It goes from one high to the next, it builds into non-stop exhilaration. It takes such command to bring all of that together with the quads and the level 4 spins and the deep edges. It's a program I can't imagine anyone else doing with that quality and that star power, not Plushenko, not Jeff himself, not Kurt Browning, not anyone. And certainly none of them can rock a lavender pant-suit like he does :laughing: Someone said he does the "slinky androgynous rockstar" really well, and I think he's the only male skater right now, if not in the history of the sport, who can do it that well.

1 hour ago, kamotejojo said:

I know these won't suffice for seeing Yuzu live, but I hope they brighten up your day a bit.  :hugs:

tumblr_oo78dtLNUZ1rqryl2o1_250.giftumblr_oo78dtLNUZ1rqryl2o2_250.gif

:7938863:Gifs courtesy of nonchan@tumblr:7938863:

I'm still waiting to see if he goes to ACI. If that doesn't happen then I guess I will see many of you at Milan :P

Also... That smile... My heart can't take it... 😢

12 minutes ago, Hydroblade said:

I'm still waiting to see if he goes to ACI. If that doesn't happen then I guess I will see many of you at Milan :P

Also... That smile... My heart can't take it... 😢

I really hope he comes to ACI! It's only an hour away from where I live and it's probably the only time in the near future I could see him live :sadPooh:

:offtopic: I happened to see this at DM 

and I just realized Yuzu had survived 3 generations of media-made-rivalries  :confused0066::5918bda810b8d_0004(1):

I wonder if he decides to stay after Pyeongchang, would there be the 4th generation of Yuzu's rival :popcorn:

3 hours ago, moni said:

This vid is so cute and the R&J 1.0 ex, despite the messy jumps, is still intense and draws me in :love:

10 hours ago, koneko said:

:love::smiley-love017::loveshower::smiley-sick030::5918bda8ee9b0_0001(1): (cause of death: myocardial infarction due to excessive lack of oxygen resulting from Acute Yuzu Perfectitis Syndrome)

8 hours ago, Smultron said:

Okay, I should probably write this down somewhere because I'm experiencing similar symptoms that might lead to a fatal result. Just so people have an explanation:5918bda7d3af9_0004(2):

:dpooh:

Oh yes, you should :laughing:. Based on my (thoroughly legit LOL) scientific research, it is the leading cause of death among Hanyu Yuzuru fans. It generally occurs when the subject in question (Yuzu) defies laws of physics, makes questionable costume/program choices or acts in a super cute manner. Symptoms include but are not limited to the following: shortness of breath, heart palpitations, and uncontrollable squeals/giggles/high decibel sounds. As of the moment, there is no known cure except having another dose (or two, three or more) of Yuzu. If you experience any of the symptoms, consult a doctor (or a warlock like Kikuchi-san) immediately. :rofl::rofl:

4 hours ago, moni said:

Current Yuzu is so evident in Baby Yuzu (but the hot mess aspect is gone now). So freaking talented. I don't really follow juniors, because I can't take the stress and heartbreak, but I haven't seen another in the same league as him.