General Yuzuru Chat

3 hours ago, kaeryth said:

Bringing this over from the FaOI thread. Chopin 3.0 prototype. 4Lo // 3A 4T3T

OMG. It's so beautiful. He's going to win. I just know it. Chopin was made for him. This is the essence of Yuzu's skating. Fierceness in delicacy. Yuzu as a force of nature. The most natural expression of his skating. If he uses it, on the biggest stage, he's going to put on display what his skating truly is. Oh Yuzu...:crybaby:

2 minutes ago, xeyra said:

People criticize their favorites all the time, in sports, in movies, in music, whatever area. Just look at the divided opinions on Yuzu's outfits for one. You're not required to LOVE everything your favorite does to be called a fan. 

sure i agree. maybe i should make a distinction between constructive criticisms and aggressive criticisms. i mean i saw some groundless and ridiculous criticisms these days from a few fans(i admit that's just a very very small amount). so i seem to lose my temper......:facepalm: 

1 hour ago, Pamigena said:

Above all else, I am my own person, and I will have my own feelings and opinions. That doesn't make me less of a fan.

sorry for that immature comment. orz....

i don't mean as a fan you have to accept everything of your favorites and give up your own feelings. my point is calling for more respect for his decision, bc no one could ever value that OGM higher than him.

The ISU and the judges made it clear in the last season that the jumps are what is important. Music, choreography, transitions, etc are all secondary in their consideration when scoring, so I am not going to be surprised or disappointed if all top men recycled programs. I feel that we as fans have unrealistic expectations of them. We want them to win, upgrade their tech, be clean, be artistic, be original, and the list goes on, but this is very difficult if not impossible and they have to compromise to able to deliver their best. So I am going to support them all (not just Yuzu) in any decision they make because they are the ones who will have to live with it not me.

If you are disappointed with the music choices, you should be upset with the ISU and not the skaters themselves. What they are doing now is exactly what the judges pushed them to do.  

52 minutes ago, Fresca said:

OMG. It's so beautiful. He's going to win. I just know it. Chopin was made for him. This is the essense of Yuzu's skating. Fierceness in delicacy. Yuzu as a force of nature. The most natural expression of his skating. If he uses it, on the biggest stage, he's going to put on display what his skating truly is. Oh Yuzu...:crybaby:

I'M NOT CRYING YOU'RE CRYING 

(we're probably both crying)

29 minutes ago, Murieleirum said:

I'M NOT CRYING YOU'RE CRYING 

(we're probably both crying)

Not gonna lie, it made me cry. The aesthetic of modern/contemporary dance is organic movement, organic expression and it doesn't get more organic than Yuzu's skating in Chopin. It really moved me.

I noticed he changed quite a bit of the choreography, not just the layout but also the step sequence at the end. Not as many changes of direction, more sustained movement like the spread eagle with arms in ballet 5th. I suspect those might have been improv rather than deliberate. If they broadcast the first version, we'll be able to see what changed between the 2 days.

2 minutes ago, Fresca said:

Not gonna lie, it made me cry. The aesthetic of modern/contemporary dance is organic movement, organic expression and it doesn't get more organic than Yuzu's skating in Chopin. It really moved me.

I noticed he changed quite a bit of the choreography, not just the layout but also the step sequence at the end. Not as many changes of direction, more sustained movement like the spread eagle with arms in ballet 5th. I suspect those might have been improv rather than deliberate. If they broadcast the first version, we'll be able to see what changed between the 2 days.

I suspect improv as well, and I think it's one of the pros of bringing Chopin back. Yuzuru feels so comfortable skating to it, he can even improv a little, during summer shows!

I know the Step Sequence will make me fall in love. Many times. Over and over. 

After all, when all of us were waiting results of DW and SLB battle for Yuzuru's choreo and thinking only JB has guarantees...now Jeff the one who is kinda out of door. Irony :biggrin:

But seriously, what if Jeff also will be included in challenge for LP choreo? Or EX maybe...just thinking.

So will Yuzu stay in Japan until Kobe and work with Jeff? Is there any information regarding that? Or more experienced fans probably know how it worked 2-3 years ago in between ice shows schedule? 

Bless you, Chopin 3.0

My stream died during Plushenko's Sex Bomb :/  In panic, I texted my bestfriend who works in Japan. She came to the rescue at short notice. She lived in a dormitory, so she went down to the dining room and switched on the tv. We went Skype and she literally held her phone infront tv so I could see Yuzu lol I screamed so loud when I saw Yuzu Chopin 3.0 and didn't know she put on speaker. I think other people in that room could hear me :laughing:

Anyway, Yuzu keeps on surprising me. Putting 4T+3T combo at the end is gutsy. Well played Yuzu. He can hold off the younger quadsters in SP. With this Chopin, he can be flexible. His 4Lo, 3A and 4T+3T are solid, so he could still play around with the layout. I feel more assure and at ease with his 4T+3T (sorry 4S+3T :slinkaway:  ) 

2 hours ago, b138oo said:

So will Yuzu stay in Japan until Kobe and work with Jeff? Is there any information regarding that? Or more experienced fans probably know how it worked 2-3 years ago in between ice shows schedule? 

Yuzu usually stay in Japan until next ice shows, he might back to Sendaid or doing CMs/events. For the last 2 years, Jeff backed to Toronto during 1 week break between ice shows to do choreo for other skaters (in 2015, Yuzu used Chopin again and last year he's in canada  so it wasn't really effected). I think we might know about Jeff's schedule tomorrow since he often post on SNS when he's back to canada. If there's nothing, maybe he spend time to work with Yuzu. I remember, last year he did choreo for Marin during ice shows.   

8 hours ago, xeyra said:

If he ever got unanimous +3 GOE on all his jump passes, average +2 GOE (1.00 applied GOE) on spins, +3 GOE on StSq4 and 49 PCS, it'd be around 114, yes. Big if, though. 

Massive if. 

And I feel like, while I understand enthusiasm, some here are severely underestimating not just the other skaters but the judges ability to not give him those marks, even if he's perfect with what he presents (and this is the crux of it for me, what he presents). We will see. Personally I am going to remain cautious about whether his strategy is going to pay off or not. I see plenty of possible problems and quite a few positives. 

Overall, I'd just like to say that for me, it's perfectly fine to be disappointed, unhappy and yes, criticize him for his choices because being a fan doesn't mean being a mindless uber that condones everything their idol does. This choice is going to be controversial, and possibly more so when the FS becomes known, so I think it's good to let people process things on their own time and in their own way.