General Yuzuru Chat

2 hours ago, omurice said:

Didn't Brian say at one point that they were saving the best music for the Olympics? 

I guess the best music he meant was Chopin and now I guess Seimei just came into the picture too :popcorn:

I just think about this... Yuzu is very superstitious. He won the last Olympic with a reused SP and different music cuts of the same FS theme he did before. So I guess he tried to bring the good omen from that time and kinda use similar strategy  :acceptable:

I smell Seimei 2.0 with different music cuts coming... 

2 minutes ago, b138oo said:

I guess the best music he meant was Chopin and now I guess Seimei just came into the picture too :popcorn:

I just think about this... Yuzu is very superstitious. He won the last Olympic with a reused SP and different music cuts of the same FS theme he did before. So I guess he tried to bring the good omen from that time and kinda use similar strategy  :acceptable:

I smell Seimei 2.0 with different music cuts coming... 

rj1 was nothing like rj2 so i'm okay with that. however, rj2 was far inferior to rj1 in terms of choreography.............hopefully that wasn't on purpose.

anyway, i'm thinking on the bright side right now. chopin is the most beautiful figure skating program ever, the consummate performance of art fused with athleticism. i'm glad people will be able to see it, people who don't usually watch figure skating and only tune in because of the olympics. i did have somewhat of a fantasy before this of of people I know watching yuzu skate at the Olympics, and me pulling out Chopin and being like "wait but you've got to see this" and blowing their minds. I guess this throws a wrench in my plans :electricf:

1 minute ago, Dori6886 said:

Can't believe I'm watching Bieber in tv program in language I don't understand :facepalm:

Chopin 3.0 shocked me enough I got insomnia, so I'm also watching bieber, a study abroad thingy, crazy drivers now, and not sure how long this show is.

Just now, Xen said:

Chopin 3.0 shocked me enough I got insomnia, so I'm also watching bieber, a study abroad thingy, crazy drivers now, and not sure how long this show is.

I don't know if I want to see Yuzu part. I'm not ready :sadPooh:

Just now, Xen said:

If this morning news show is anything like italian shows, the interviews would be positioned at the end of the program... if it's an interview with him there. But if it's just a short interview footage they will incorporate in a news - in that case, it would be mixed in among other things. 

1 minute ago, Murieleirum said:

If this morning news show is anything like italian shows, the interviews would be positioned at the end of the program... if it's an interview with him there. But if it's just a short interview footage they will incorporate in a news - in that case, it would be mixed in among other things. 

Someone know how long this program is? They probably want to keep people watching as long as they can, so I'm voting for Yuzu at the end. And I need to sleep :13877886:

Seimei again (possibly)? Well, I have exactly the same thoughts on this as Chopin - love the program, don't mind seeing it again.

However, I worry that the judges are going to penalize him way more severely for every mistake he makes. I mean, if he ups his tech, what are the chances of going clean every time heading into the Olympics? There's no way his score is going to just keep rising and rising. And peaking at the right time with 2 clean performances? Almost impossible :(  But I still root for Yuzu and want him to feel comfortable. I want him to win but most of all I want him not to be disappointed and skate the best way he knows how. Because when he does that, it's literally magic on ice :smiley-love017:

Now I want every single male skater to reuse their old programs so that this is not viewed as a disadvantage :smile:

15 minutes ago, yuzuangel said:

rj1 was nothing like rj2 so i'm okay with that. however, rj2 was far inferior to rj1 in terms of choreography.............hopefully that wasn't on purpose.

I have to respectfully disagree with that. I thought the choreography was beautiful especially the part from the Ina Bauer onwards (the changes in levels ending in the Besti squat with a torso contraction kill me). For me, the problem was Yuzu was given it a year too early.