General Yuzuru Chat

4 hours ago, micaelis said:

They didn't need to.  They knew that once word got out that Yuzu would be appearing any leftover tickets would be gone within hours, if not minutes.  They know that Yuzuru Hanyu is by far the biggest draw in figure skating.  His name connected with any competition or show is a guaranteed sellout and any local stores, if they know Yuzu is coming they'll stock up on Pooh stuff.

PS - Plus if it is a competition they need to enlist a whole brigade of flower boys and girls to handle the Poohvalanches.

I don't think they toss Pooh's for gala shows. I think there are bins you can deposit your gift into instead.

14 minutes ago, asiacheetah said:
5 hours ago, micaelis said:

I don't think they toss Pooh's for gala shows. I think there are bins you can deposit your gift into instead.

Actually they don't.  The Poohs and flowers only get tossed when Yuzu is competing.  Galas and ice shows don't have anything tossed on the ice for any skater.  The main point I was trying to get across is that Yuzu's stature is such that any producers of ice shows or competitions can be assured of a sold-out house.  I don't know if any skater in history has had as potent a following as Yuzu has.  I might almost be tempted to call it a 'cult' but since I'm part of it I'll settle for calling it a fandom that is unmatched in skating history for its sheer intensity.

6 minutes ago, micaelis said:

Actually they don't.  The Poohs and flowers only get tossed when Yuzu is competing.  Galas and ice shows don't have anything tossed on the ice for any skater.  The main point I was trying to get across is that Yuzu's stature is such that any producers of ice shows or competitions can be assured of a sold-out house.  I don't know if any skater in history has had as potent a following as Yuzu has.  I might almost be tempted to call it a 'cult' but since I'm part of it I'll settle for calling it a fandom that is unmatched in skating history for its sheer intensity.

Definitely the following that Yuzu has is unlike anything I have ever witnessed in FS. We love our FS in Canada but none of our legends gets treated like Yuzu does. My 5 year old daughter and 7 year old son both watched a lot of FS this Olympics as that was one of the few things in the evening here and they both LOVE YUZU especially my little girl. She loves him so much that she asks to see you tube videos of him and is wanting to go to a competition with pooh bear in hand ready to toss. He is loved from folks of all ages :)

24 minutes ago, MrPudding said:

SCANDOLO! 

35 minutes ago, Old Cat Lady said:

I was just wondering - is it possible that Yuzuru has more fans than all the other skaters combined?

eta: currently competing I mean

100,000+ members in the Chinese fan group, was it? I'd say so. :P