General Yuzuru Chat

Okay so this comment is going to be related to nothing, and in fact it would be best for my reputation if it was left ignored by everyone, but I was watching a youtube video regarding reactions to Yuzuru's explanation of quad jumps during his post-Olympics interview with the Foreign Correspondents' Club of Japan, and hearing again Yuzuru's words, it just landed on me the meaning of his explanation (yes, you probably all figured it out two months ago when he first said it, but I was only left confused at his words and didn't try to read into it. I'm very sorry for my stupidity). He was trying to convey how jumping a quad jump 'feels like' in the most possible direct way. You know how we often talk about how different jumps have different rhythms, and that quads have completely different rhythm from triples? He was talking about rhythm right there. "closing your eyes, rotating while jumping the rope three times", it's probably how he counts the time doing his air time mid-jump. It makes sense, since you are in the air for three rotations, and complete the quad when you land exactly on the fourth beat. So jumping a quad probably feels like "SHU - 1 - 2 - 3 - PA!", and it's understandable that Yuzuru chose 'jumping rope' as a system to measure time, because it's a rhythmical excercise. 

Sorry, I unjustifiably feel like a genius because I understood Hanyu speech. After 2 months. 

7 minutes ago, yuzuangel said:

What do you guys think of a google doc that everyone can edit? That way people can post links to full-length videos after an event and it wouldn't have to always go through a mod to edit the OP or something.

I think a Google Doc is a good idea. I use it frequently for school and so far there haven't been any issues. 

Watched some parts of the parade this morning. The number of people there :knc_yuzu1:  Not that I'm surprised or anything, but it's still crazy to see. Power of the King :winky:

He was so cute throughout the entire thing. It must have been tiring to constantly wave and say thank you, but as always he conducted himself in such a professional but warm manner. Such a precious human being :devilYuzu:

I'm so glad I decided to come out of hiding and join in the craziness of the fandom right now. It's so exhilarating to be a part of this insane Yuzu-culture. I feel like 10 or 20 years from now I"ll still look back on this time of my life and reminisce about how fun it was to be a Yuzu fan :dancingpooh: Of course, I hope he'll be around for years to come :tumblr_inline_mzx8s4JRlX1r8msi5:

Thanks everyone for keeping the forum so active! 

9 hours ago, micaelis said:

Is Yuzu's family still living in the house they had when Yuzu was growing up and before moving to Toronto?  With Yuzu's income now I'm sure they could be living in a place not necessarily more luxurious (although that would be possible but I don't think that would be what they want) but a place which would be more amenable to the security needs they now have, particularly when Yuzu is at home?

What kind of staff does he employ to deal with all the public responsibilities he's acquired with his rise in prominence and popularity?  He can't handle that stuff himself and much of this is well beyond the responsibilities of Brian and TCC, since this is exclusively Yuzu's concern and not TCC's.

I wouldn't be surprised if they were! Aiba Masaki's (from idol group Arashi) family still owns a chinese food restaurant that literally anyone can go and meet his mother, and that guy makes millions every year. lol They still lived there until a few years ago, and it doesn't have security or anything special. I feel like Japanese fans are generally very respectful about the privacy of celebrities' families.

And about his staff, I remember reading somewhere that they are all employed directly by the Japan Skating Federation. Other skaters such as the Asada sisters and Miyahara are linked to an athlete management company called IMG, that also represents other big names in the sports world (Serena Williams, Nishikori Kei, etc), but Yuzu isn't linked to any company as far as I know.

13 hours ago, Bilge said:

Yuzuru Hanyu drinking water is a news content

REAL JOURNALISM RIGHT HERE.  :LOL: