General Yuzuru Chat

(I'm clearly on a Twitter spree right now...)

For those newbies who haven't seen it. Yuzuru Hanyu jumping a freaking 3A from freaking standstill :headdesk:

Became you know..... why not throw out a 3A like it's as easy as breathing :headdesk:

For those not so newbies. I don't care there's never too much Yuzuru jumping 3A from a freaking standstill in my book. 

19 минут назад, OonsieHui сказал:

Sports Russia have a review of CiONTU? Any lovely Russian satellite could translate? :pouty:

OMG it's not review of actual watcher. It's compilated translaion in Russian what happened there from English Twitter and tumblr for Russian fans of Yuzuru. And it was done by me sorry xD

2 minutes ago, Lilona said:

OMG it's not review of actual watcher. It's compilation what happened here from English Twitter and tumblr for Russian fans of Yuzuru. And it was done by me sorry xD

OH LOL :smiley-laughing021: oops! Good on you for doing that though!! 

Haha I'll remove my previous post! 

Только что, OonsieHui сказал:

OH LOL :smiley-laughing021: oops! Good on you for doing that though!! 

Yes amount of time is quite big xD. I also had 2nd day covered and today I need to begin with third xD. But there so many info for translation xDDDD

18 hours ago, ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ said:

@people saying how he didn't win this or that comp because of this or that skater:

All the comps that he lost, it was simply because he didn't skate well enough to win. Because a Hanyu who skated well enough to win won because he forced the judges hands' to a point where no amount of inflation to others will help. All his wins in comps where the field was insanely strong have been that way and all his losses were because he fell a lot shorter than the times he won. It wasn't about anyone standing in his way. It was never about that with Hanyu. Hanyu's fight has always been with himself. And while this is true for all skaters, this is *especially* true for Hanyu. Because he takes it a lot further, as he is the one skater with high scores who actually earns every decimal point he's given without relying on the judges' whims and fancies and generosity. That's always been his strategy. He is nobody's racehorse but his own.

@people worried about Hanyu getting edged out due to others potentially becoming stronger:

It's only natural for others to get stronger. Getting stronger isn't a privilege exclusive to Hanyu and Hanyu alone. And wishing that it is just seems counter productive to me. I'd hate for everyone else to be held down in order for Hanyu to stay on top. Doesn't make him a worthy GOAT if he needs that to remain where he is. It's hard for me to admire someone who needs that. Hanyu doesn't. He makes me feel more magnanimous than I really am because he is the one athlete I can cheer for while being left a lot of room to cheer for others as well. And that's one of the biggest reasons why I so proudly declare myself a wholehearted supporter, when usually I'm the sort who finds the act of stanning itself a rather embarrassing practice because it sounds like it leaves very little room in the heart to appreciate much else. Hanyu has taught me that doesn't necessarily have to be the case. While I don't necessarily hold others in the same regard as I hold him, I find myself able to sincerely root for others to do their best. And that's a very good feeling. In fact, most of his best performances in recent memory are thanks to strong performances from a strong field pushing him to the point where he had no choice but to tell his head to shut up and let his body deliver. So I see absolutely no down side to others becoming even stronger.

I mean, it's not like I don't see where you're coming from. It sucks to see him lose to much emptier programs that he probably deserves to still win over despite mistakes (though I'm glad he didn't), or almost get beaten by programs where the jumps really aren't in the same league as his or anyone else who's closer to his league at all. But Hanyu has it in him to come out on top of it all still. Which he has, time and again.

The whole point of CWW is for the past to connect to the present and the present to the future. Because the present very quickly becomes the past. If Hanyu weren't allowed to flourish when he was an up-and-comer so others can remain in their heyday until they retire, then we wouldn't have the Hanyu of today. If Hanyu were to stick around, it's up to Hanyu to remain on top, if that's what he wants, amidst a field that is becoming stronger and stronger, because then so too, will he become even stronger. And a Hanyu that's stronger than what we've seen of him at his strongest in the past? And coupled with the wisdom and experience that he has now? *whistles* And while I don't believe a leopard can change its spots or a tiger its stripes, I don't think winning it all is top priority for the guy in future seasons like it was before, though he'll likely still be out for blood in the really big events because once a predator, always a predator. And when he's like that, you've got absolutely nothing to be worried about.

I want to say that if it comes a day that someone beats Hanyu fair and square after Hanyu has delivered a clean performance, then we should rejoice the emergence of a new and worthy successor to the throne. But this person won't be from the current crop of senior competitors because while immensely talented in their own right, none of them have the kind of all around talent Hanyu does in his pinky finger alone, from what I can tell of their past performances in the senior division. They just don't have the it factor Hanyu does, no matter how much ISU, feds and the judges want us to believe they do. Not to belittle their talent and successes, and there are so many pioneers who helped shaped Hanyu into the skater he is today, but no skater did in the past, just as no one has it right now either. Hanyu is the culmination of all the good past skaters have done for the sport and I don't see the same kind of complete culmination in anyone in the senior ranks right now, nor anything remotely resembling it. So we can only look to the future.

But for now if Hanyu wants to stay on top, if health permits, he'll stay on top. Because no matter how good everyone else gets, Hanyu will be better, so long as he wants to be.* So relax. 

*I do hope he'll take it easier while doing that though, rather than the desperation to reign like before. He might find that it works better for him where he is right now, after proving to himself that he can achieve his his dream. So I hope whatever challenges he puts up for himself in the future, he'll approach them with less hunger to prove himself right and more wisdom (if not necessarily relaxed because I don't think that's a thing he does), so that he would be able to simply enjoy the time he has left as a competitor.

Y'all don't have to agree with me, ofc. This is just how I feel.

I want to marry this post. 

Please give us your blessing.

Seriously though, your post is spot on with my thoughts, just spelled out much better than I could. :clap:

8 hours ago, Sammie said:

:tumblr_inline_n18qr8XewT1qid2nw:

5 hours ago, cinemacoconut said:

I read the article and it says he got rice? Whats that? 

Apart from Yuzu donated the Oly bonus, the article also referring that the Miyagi prefecture office is giving Yuzu 240kg of rice that is equivalent of 4years supply. So they're supplying rice for the next 4 years leading up to Beijing Olympics that is!

Well...Yuzu's got supply of his energy source and a little encouragement from Plu-sama (at CWW) to start thinking about what he's going to do in the next 4 years.

New drama has already begun...:war:

4 hours ago, yumeaki said:

I have been missing quite a bit of past pages due to work but I'm certain someone might have mentioned about the rice.

Anyway, for the Prefectural Citizen’s Honour Award of Miyagi, they will also gift Yuzuru 2 types of rice, a new grain that will be released in Autumn (data masayume) and a brown rice (kin ibuki). Usually for sports athletic, they will provide a year supply of 60 kg. This time round, they will provide 240 kg (60 kg x 4 years) to cover the next 4 season until Beijing Olympics

Anyway, the rice name has the word masayume = dreams that come true and kin = gold in it so it’s kind of like hoping that achieving gold in the next Olympic will be a dream come true.

(eek, is that indirect pressure or what?).

Miyagi is so extra no wonder their favourite son is also extra :tumblr_inline_mqt4grU8ua1qz4rgp:

18 minutes ago, BWOZWaltz said:

Apart from Yuzu donated the Oly bonus, the article also referring that the Miyagi prefecture office is giving Yuzu 240kg of rice that is equivalent of 4years supply. So they're supplying rice for the next 4 years leading up to Beijing Olympics that is!

Well...Yuzu's got supply of his energy source and a little encouragement from Plu-sama (at CWW) to start thinking about what he's going to do in the next 4 years.

New drama has already begun...:war:

Are they gonna ship the rice to Canada? 😂😂😂