General Yuzuru Chat

11 minutes ago, dotsquare said:

So I've been trawling through Yuzu's older interviews and I came across this:

kFSv67S.png

He said his favourite summer insect was an atlas beetle. The boy is obsessed with bugs :13877886:

I remember they were everywhere at a camp i went to with my school a long time ago. We were always picking them up and letting them walk on our hands. I like these ones too. 

21 minutes ago, VyVy99 said:

Once again. I love him and this shows how much I do. Because I can't stand bugs. At all... Maybe aside from bees and butterflies since they're good (NOT THE WASPS)

I suddenly have this flowing desire to show him this :peekapooh:

Speaking of butterflies, I can't remember where but there was an interview/conference where he described himself as slowly emerging from a chrysalis (does anyone know which interview I'm talking about?)... All these bug references and metaphors suddenly make sense now

:LOL:

25 minutes ago, VyVy99 said:

Once again. I love him and this shows how much I do. Because I can't stand bugs. At all... Maybe aside from bees and butterflies since they're good (NOT THE WASPS)

I suddenly have this flowing desire to show him this :peekapooh:

Lucas the Spider is the cutest thing ever. :tumblr_inline_n0o1fhfhFY1qid2nw:

5 minutes ago, dotsquare said:

Speaking of butterflies, I can't remember where but there was an interview/conference where he described himself as slowly emerging from a chrysalis (does anyone know which interview I'm talking about?)

It was in this one, around 39:13 :biggrin:

Some more fun facts I've picked up from 2012 interviews that I thought you guys might find interesting :tumblr_inline_ncmif5EcBB1rpglid:

• Yuzu says he sucks at basketball and soccer. He's alright with baseball because of his father (I think his father plays? Not sure). He says he can never get the basketball in the ring lol 
  • He only listens to J-pop but a lot of people think he listens to classical music 
  • He's the type of person that can't practice if no one is watching. He likes an audience.
  • One of the things he aims to improve about his skating is skating without noise (Interestingly, I think there were some ACI fan accounts floating around on this forum that said Javi and Yuzu make almost no noise when they land jumps)
  • He's not a picky or fussy eater, but not to the extent that he can eat anything. He eats when he wants, and doesn't eat when he doesn't feel like it
  • His classmates describe him as serious and the 'god of tests' (This one is from a 2010 interview)
  • His signature actually incorporates 'wings' (Also from the 2010 interview- I've always wondered what the squiggle was for :laughing:)

By the way, does anyone know if and when Yuzu got braces? He had pretty prominent buck teeth up to 2011, but they randomly disappeared in his 2012 appearances. 

All this bug talk :2:

I am absolutely terrified of bugs. All kinds of bugs. Just seeing the pic of the spider in that program quiz freaked me out. I get goosebumps and everything. Even seeing the thumbnail to Lucus the spider video is setting me off :1:

8 minutes ago, Sammie said:

I am absolutely terrified of bugs. All kinds of bugs. Just seeing the pic of the spider in that program quiz freaked me out. I get goosebumps and everything. Even seeing the thumbnail to Lucus the spider video is setting me off :1:

Saaaame. Bugs and insects to me are  :ohno: So many legs.. and sometimes no legs aaaaaa. Yuzu, we're on different paths there :P

But Lucas is cute. It's gives a bit goosebumps just looking at the thumbnail but when he starts talking and wiggles around he gets cuter. I mean they chose a 5 years old to voice him so how can he not lol

I actually kind of enjoy bugs. Not that I'm very knowledgeable about them (like Yuzu, the bug expert), but I like observing them and I never squash bugs around the house (edit: except for mosquitoes. These are evil).

Also, I'm starting to suspect that "Continues with WINGS" might be a bug reference as well... :1:

2 minutes ago, VyVy99 said:

Saaaame. Bugs and insects to me are  :ohno: So many legs.. and sometimes no legs aaaaaa. Yuzu, we're on different paths there :P

But Lucas is cute. It's gives a bit goosebumps just looking at the thumbnail but when he starts talking and wiggles around he gets cuter. I mean they chose a 5 years old to voice him so how can he not lol

I can’t watch it :laughing: I can’t even watch a Bugs Life :slinkaway:

30 minutes ago, dotsquare said:

Some more fun facts I've picked up from 2012 interviews that I thought you guys might find interesting :tumblr_inline_ncmif5EcBB1rpglid:

• Yuzu says he sucks at basketball and soccer. He's alright with baseball because of his father (I think his father plays? Not sure). He says he can never get the basketball in the ring lol 
  • He only listens to J-pop but a lot of people think he listens to classical music 
  • He's the type of person that can't practice if no one is watching. He likes an audience.
  • One of the things he aims to improve about his skating is skating without noise (Interestingly, I think there were some ACI fan accounts floating around on this forum that said Javi and Yuzu make almost no noise when they land jumps)
  • He's not a picky or fussy eater, but not to the extent that he can eat anything. He eats when he wants, and doesn't eat when he doesn't feel like it
  • His classmates describe him as serious and the 'god of tests' (This one is from a 2010 interview)

By the way, does anyone know if and when Yuzu got braces? He had pretty prominent buck teeth up to 2011, but they randomly disappeared in his 2012 appearances. 

I have to ask though, growing up as a child and playing piano/singing in choir, and being remotely serious about it, pop music drove me nuts. My ears could not stand it, especially if I heard anything remotely off-key. So given his sensitive hearing, how does he stand jpop? Granted, the stuff he listens to isn't exactly metallic or hard rock, but compared to say Chopin, it's a bit more scratchy and rough.

As for his blades-what I remember from ACI practice was when gliding around, you just cannot hear the sound of his or Javi's blades, not just jumps, but overall it's silent or very neat and tidy. Other guys had audible scratchy landings, and even clean landings had some noise when viewed live. Even on the ladies side, you would be hard pressed to hear Tursynbaeva's blades. So it's not just him, it's probably more TCC skating skills at work. Even when going into very deep edges, that "cruching" sound isn't that present-they seriously just float on the ice. And in Javi's case, I just remember that Paramount blades (which I think he wears) was noted to be noisy by my skate/blade fitter.

13 minutes ago, Sammie said:

It really gave me a start. I'm scared one day Yuzuru says spider is cute and my Twitter tl will be full of spider pictures :facepalm: So Yuzu, if you can hear me,  bees, butterflies, orange beetles.... are okay, just don't mention spiders. 

30 minutes ago, Xen said:

I have to ask though, growing up as a child and playing piano/singing in choir, and being remotely serious about it, pop music drove me nuts. My ears could not stand it, especially if I heard anything remotely off-key. So given his sensitive hearing, how does he stand jpop? Granted, the stuff he listens to isn't exactly metallic or hard rock, but compared to say Chopin, it's a bit more scratchy and rough.

As for his blades-you can hear the sound of his landings slightly live, but what I remember from ACI practice was when gliding around, you just cannot hear the sound of his or Javi's blades. Even on the ladies side, you would be hard pressed to hear Tursynbaeva's blades. So it's not just him, it's probably more TCC skating skills at work.

This was pre-TCC Yuzu so his tastes might have changed, but in the 2012 interview he said he doesn't listen to classical music at all. He meant listening for leisure though. I'm sure he would have gotten plenty of exposure to classical music through programs. Seems like he has always liked band music e.g. HiFi Camp and One Ok Rock. Maybe his sensitivity to sound (+ his earphones obsession) is something that blossomed post 2012?

I totally agree with you on the blade sound thing- TCC was definitely responsible. That's why I found that interview interesting, because it made me realise TCC played a significant role in raising the quality of his skating. He might have gone in to get more consistent quad jumps, but he came out with so much more and I think that definitely played a factor in why he stuck with TCC all these years.

25 minutes ago, dotsquare said:

I couldn't find the definite source but the rumour has it that Yuzu has had hidden brace / braces behind teeth. I could find several Japanese blog posts suggesting that he's had it done though I couldn't find a post confirming the source. Also I've noticed in one of his documentaries that his words pronunciation wasn't clear unlike other interviews and later found in someone's twitter post while I was following #ぴょん落ちのみんなへ that the person found  Yuzu's words pronunciation rather cute due to having the braces. I don't know but it looks like "a matter of fact" among Japanese Yuzu fans that he has had his braces done.