General Yuzuru Chat

I love anime, and i like sailor moon a lot...

But for some reason i don't want Yuzu to skate to anything anime or videogame :sadPooh:

Samesies! I feel like it would fuel the Yuzuru Hanyu is Yuri Katsuki again and/or the Evgenia shipping. Both of which are issues that I don't want to be a distraction for him this season.

Re: Yuzu and english... I think he's actually better at conversational english. You can sometimes hear him at the K&C with Brian and it seems fine. He's also able to communicate well with other skaters - his talk with P.Chan at the green room at worlds was so endearing. haha..

I think he struggles more with interviews because his mind works really quick. Most interviews happen after he performs and that's the moment where his mind is working overtime analysing everything (hence his quick fire japanese when he's being interviewed in japanese). So to think critically while translating his thoughts in english can be very hard.

omg omg omg omg omg omg

so, for Pyeongchang I was requesting tickets on the lottery for me and a friend that's outside Korea. My friend got 2 other people to try for tickets to as a back up. One got gala tickets for the three of us, all of us got B for the FS, and one other person got 3 C tickets for SP (I got 2 B seats). We're trying to figure out what we are going to do but it looks like I will have a ticket for the gala after all! :yay: I dunno if we have spare tickets we need to sell yet because we might have other friends interested in going who can pick up the tickets but between us we got 5 SP tickets, 8 FS tickets and 3 gala. We just gotta figure out who's going to/paying for what.

I'm so happy right now ;A;

That's awesome to hear!

Tbh I always associate 'lottery' with improbability, so to actually see people winning it has been a trip for me :rofl2: an amazing one, mind you! :pbow:

I'm an actual moron and only just realised I applied for, and obtained, team event tickets not singles events tickets. :hachimaki:

but because friends got all the tickets we wanted I think I'm still going to the singles SP, FS and the gala

I actually worked out I can afford to buy all the tickets so I can go to the team event too :rofl2: So I'll be going to Team SP, FS, Singles SP and FS and gala, unless my friend is mad I messed up and gives a singles SP/gala ticket to someone else. I'm so stupid -_- but silver lining, if my friend still lets me buy the singles and gala ticket I'll go going to every event Yuzu is involved in XD

Tbh, dk whether or not I should jot down something from GS FF as below.

************************************************************************************************

:pbow: Sep 28, 2011 ~ Apr 30, 2017 :pbow:

Total pages: 4,743

Total posts: 71,022

Total views: 13,888,942

************************************************************************************************

Perhaps I was just shocked and was afraid of something so unpredictable going to happen that I found myself writing down those figures. As I always learn a lot from you all so now just try to take the first opportunity to make myself useful!

Just in case, if these figures are incorrect as the final ones or if you've already had this record at hand but it's maybe unproper to mention herein, please do feel free to correct or even delete it.

Thank you :space:

Hi yuzuthebest! Thank you for the statistics, I was wondering the number of views before the Fan Fest was closed, because now the view count has been reset for all the threads. Almost 14 million times, wow.

Dear Unicorn,

Please be apologized for my late-late feedback. Thousand thanks for your more-precise information. I do appreciate it :love:

Needless to say, I'm so proud of you all. I believe this beautiful Planet Hanyu will keep growing faster than ever before and beyond expectation! Why not?...When one can feel like he/she is at HOME, he/she would definitely like to come in again and again, right? Even a lucker for a big while like me eventually pick up my pen,oh no! press my keyboard button :smile:

Please keep up the good work :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: ..........

from a fan of :hachimaki: AND you all :yay:

I'm an actual moron and only just realised I applied for, and obtained, team event tickets not singles events tickets. :hachimaki:

but because friends got all the tickets we wanted I think I'm still going to the singles SP, FS and the gala

I actually worked out I can afford to buy all the tickets so I can go to the team event too :rofl2: So I'll be going to Team SP, FS, Singles SP and FS and gala, unless my friend is mad I messed up and gives a singles SP/gala ticket to someone else. I'm so stupid -_- but silver lining, if my friend still lets me buy the singles and gala ticket I'll go going to every event Yuzu is involved in XD

I just found out I got Men SP and Men LP in the lottery as well. So excited! Btw, I started a thread about Peyonchang in the Competition forum to talk about who's going and the possibility of a meet up.

The FS is too spread out so I couldn't try for all of Yuzu's possible programs and end up spending 2 weeks in Korea. Hopefully, there's a way to see his practices or see other olympic events in the dates surrounding the Men events.

Congrats Danibellerika!

I am so envious! Was able to get Level B for the Team events,

but wasn't able to get any tickets for the Men's... :crybaby:

I'm now thinking who among my friends in various parts of the world to ask to buy tickets for me.

Do you think it's possible to get A level tickets from the ATRs? I'm thinking to ask a friend in the US.

The US reseller is Co-Sport and they are already sold out for now, but maybe they'll get additional tickets? I got my initial set from them, though the seats weren't as good.

@Danibellerika, congratulations! :D

That gif you posted is the most hilarious thing, where did you found that, it's from a Hungarian tv channel from the 1990's :rofl2:

I'd seen it as a meme for a long time. I'm glad to finally learn its origins!!

I have to go back to respond to some quotes (sorry, crap at work and it's finals time so it's insane right now). But yeah, there is already multiple fanart of him as tuxedo mask. Don't put it past anyone, lol.

:rofl2: :rofl2: What fanart?? Links please! I must see this! This needs to happen! This can be his new POTO costume! :rofl2: And most importantly, he'd finally have a suit that would fit him!!! :sadPooh: :sadPooh: :sadPooh: *Pooh tears of joy*

Here's one: https://twitter.com/runrun8383/status/8 ... 72/photo/1

I forget where I saw others

I met Takeshi at worlds and had a nice chat with him. He does speak very good English. Shizuka's English is also decent. I was too nervous to try in Japanese, haha. The only person I actually spoke it with that was a skater or coach ended up being Kevin Reynolds of all people...to the surprise and delight of some nearby Japanese fans who were listening in. :rofl2:

Haha how did you meet so many people at Worlds?! hahaha

BTW, I usually root against the Americans in most every sport just because NBC (or whatever american channel i have to watch) usually makes me so annoyed at them by the time they actually perform that i just have a bias against them.

We stayed next door to the skater's hotel, and some skaters were in our hotel too. Ran into the Shibs often. Reminds me I still need to post my fashionably late Tumblr review...after finals after finals.

Re: Yuzu and english... I think he's actually better at conversational english. You can sometimes hear him at the K&C with Brian and it seems fine. He's also able to communicate well with other skaters - his talk with P.Chan at the green room at worlds was so endearing. haha..

I think he struggles more with interviews because his mind works really quick. Most interviews happen after he performs and that's the moment where his mind is working overtime analysing everything (hence his quick fire japanese when he's being interviewed in japanese). So to think critically while translating his thoughts in english can be very hard.

I agree with this. I think the Chinese ladies skater posted a video from 2016 worlds banquet and they were chatting and he sounded pretty natural and chatty. We just aren't treated to that side enough.

Yes, that's really the only reason I care if he improves in English. I'd like to be closer to his true thoughts, which are obviously pretty deep. But I do read the translations of his Japanese interviews. Maybe we should all learn Japanese instead :smile:

One could probably argue that it would make more sense for the rest of the skating world to learn better Japanese instead of all the Japanese skaters learning better English :s_tongue you know, as a more market-oriented strategy

English is still pretty useful to know (unless you're Shoma it seems), but some are already doing it. Jason Brown very clearly knows his future, lol.

I never understood the concept of patriotism in these cases... why does someone being born in the same country make people want to root for them? It's about their skating. If I don't like it, I don't like it.

And my fave team after Russia is actually China. So many cuties :pbow:

Never understood patriotism either. My favorite team is Japan, I'm American. I am working on increasing my postings, up to number 17 now!

Same same

David Carmichael just released his photos from 2017 Worlds. :love: (Why does Yuzu look 18 again??)

[image] o0600040013933165922.jpg?caw=800 [/image]

[image] o0600040013933183614.jpg?caw=800 [/image]

[image] o0600040013933185354.jpg?caw=800 [/image]

[image] o0400060013933163612.jpg?caw=800 [/image]

omg you're right, looks like pre-Sochi Yuzu :sadPooh:

Guys i edited the first post :D thanks so much to yuzuangel for the bio and dasani for the competition results :bow: :bow:

If you have any suggestions about it, post away!

It's great! It might be worth putting the bio as it's own thing as a locked sticky or something? For any newbies that want to read it, but i guess it doesn't really matter

David Carmichael just released his photos from 2017 Worlds. :love: (Why does Yuzu look 18 again??)

[image] o0600040013933165922.jpg?caw=800 [/image]

[image] o0600040013933183614.jpg?caw=800 [/image]

[image] o0600040013933185354.jpg?caw=800 [/image]

[image] o0400060013933163612.jpg?caw=800 [/image]

omg you're right, looks like pre-Sochi Yuzu :sadPooh:

Yuzu and Shoma look like they are the same age :love:

Guys i edited the first post :D thanks so much to yuzuangel for the bio and dasani for the competition results :bow: :bow:

Oh I really like the protocol links and the video links :love: It's like a one stop shop :goe: Thank you for this guys. :bow:

ETA: I think it's 2012-2015 Japanese national champ, not 2013-2016. :)

Bio looks great! :acceptable:

Though shouldn't it be 2013-2016 gpf champion? :smile:

Bio looks great! :acceptable:

Though shouldn't it be 2013-2016 gpf champion? :smile:

Yopu're right haha edited it, thank you :space: