General Yuzuru Chat

1 minute ago, robin said:

Hmm Yuzu is different from Shoma, I think his interest would rather lie in trying to postpone his peak. I doubt he'll go to Finalndia Trophy.

I don't believe Shoma's method would work for Yuzu, yeah, but I don't actually think Yuzu's goal is to postpone his peak. He's spoken before how he wants to develop and raise an average peak so he can be ready for GPF, Nationals, Olympics, Worlds and other competitions without having to train only to peak at a particular moment. 

1 minute ago, xeyra said:

I don't believe Shoma's method would work for Yuzu, yeah, but I don't actually think Yuzu's goal is to postpone his peak. He's spoken before how he wants to develop and raise an average peak so he can be ready for GPF, Nationals, Olympics, Worlds and other competitions without having to train only to peak at a particular moment. 

If his goal is consistency of a 4Lz then yea, I can see him potentially going. But then that means he would need to debut the 4Lz at ACI.

Just now, Xen said:

If his goal is consistency of a 4Lz then yea, I can see him potentially going. But then that means he would need to debut the 4Lz at ACI.

Either that or use Finlandia to debut it, after checking his condition and cleanliness rate for a 5-quad program at ACI without the 4Lz. But this is a rumour I've seen nothing about and JSF didn't release his name for Finlandia when they announced the Challenger participations, so if it proves to be true, then it was a more recent development. We'll know either way after September 1st. 

1 minute ago, xeyra said:

Either that or use Finlandia to debut it, after checking his condition and cleanliness rate for a 5-quad program at ACI without the 4Lz. But this is a rumour I've seen nothing about and JSF didn't release his name for Finlandia when they announced the Challenger participations, so if it proves to be true, then it was a more recent development. We'll know either way after September 1st. 

.....Friday night eh? Sounds a lovely way to spend it, shall he go to Finlandia or not?  Should we hold our breath for another Mt. Irene eruption?

9 minutes ago, xeyra said:

Yes, that's kind of what I meant, sorry for not being clear. To maintain a "long" peak he should probably not over-exert himself so early in the season I think? But I'm not that well versed in training strategies.

17 minutes ago, Xen said:

...I have to ask, is PChan going to Finlandia? If yes- is it Yuzu trying to find a substitute for Skate Canada?

HAHAHAHA brain theatre mode on:

Patrick: *wakes up in the middle of the night, cellphone ringing. He picks up* ...Hello?

Yuzuru: *Whispers* ...I'm coming to Finland too. 

Patrick: Uh? What? Who are you...?
Yuzuru: *Whispers* And I'm winning that gold. *Hangs up*

Patrick: ...*Sweats profusely* 

12 分ぐらい, robinさんが言いました:

Yes, that's kind of what I meant, sorry for not being clear. To maintain a "long" peak he should probably not over-exert himself so early in the season I think? But I'm not that well versed in training strategies.

Would he really be over-exerting himself, though? I mean skaters do a lot of run- throughs during the course of their practices. So if he does enough comps with smaller gaps in between, sooner or later they'll start to feel more like run-throughs? This way he might be able to feel less nervy no matter the comp...maybe? I mean, if he does go for more of them than his usual amount this season.

LoLs @ @Murieleirum's theater. Hanyu's like Chan's personal bogeyman or something..