General Yuzuru Chat

Just now, Soleil88 said:

Fan of three you mean??:lol: Yuzu, BBT and Zoolander. :happydance:

hehehe.You are correct.  Yes of course, there are TV programmes other than those featuring Yuzu !!!

Came across a phrase in one of my Japanese learning modules, about someone's work in physics ushering a new era of study.

I actually thought about Dr Sheldon Cooper and other characters from the Big Bang Theory show, including the cameo appearances by the late Professor Stephen Hawking

Today it has been announced that real physicists at Fermilab may have discovered a new force in Physics affecting sub atomic particles called muons

So maybe I will need the phrase which I have just learned after all, in order to be able to drop it into conversation just in case I ever meet someone who speaks Japanese and who also has an interest in Physics 

i mostly agree with the thoughts above and want to add a couple of my thinking process. an advice: just read it if you have a time sory its very long. by the way i am not gonna mention about the teenagers who are thinking they are in love with yuzu, it is nothing but an obsession at some point. 

i think the main reason for some fans' negative comments were about they kinda got upset from this direct announcement. they didnt get upset because of this beautiful news but they get upset from how they heard it. it was too sudden that all of us couldnt believe it at the first reading. and we learned it just like the rest of the public who has no interest with yuzu. being a fan of seomebody also requires some sort of privilige. it has to because being a fan means that following someone's all actions with attentive manners. there is even a so called term "fun-fact" we all know and heard before. what i mean from the privilage that i just used is kinda like this "yes he is famous everybody knows him but we know him about more than the rest of the society, we know what actually going on in his life and we know who he is beyond the cameras." this feeling what i am trying to mean while using the word "privilige". we all thought like "what? is he getting married? really? why we didnt noticed anything? did he want to hide it from us? at least he could have give us a sign" and the train of thoughts goes on.

at least from my perspective these questions were the first things that came to my mind. but to be honest they are all selfish thoughts. and maybe some fans have still that way of thinking. i dont think like that anymore because after that i thought he shows his gratitude to us with a different way. for example he doesnt skate for fame or money and these days he showed he doesnt care for medals as well. he only concentrate to his reputation, his signature style of what figure skating actually is and for his audience, his dearest fans. maybe the last one is the most important for him. it is quite possible because he says it every single time. 

he shows his thanks through the books he written several times, the ice shows he attended each year without skipping any of them even he is injured, the ice shows he produced/created. because that's the best way he knows. will there be another GIFT? i dont think no one would do it something like that again just to express themselves to his fans. i suddenly remembered this year's tcc visit and his talk with brian orser. didnt he said "keeping this form is hard but i want to keep skating for my fans" he said it. he meant it. i am not a person who is a fan of many people. in my whole life there was just a one person that i had some sort of obsession with but not anymore. and for yuzu i am determined that i won't do the same mistake again and until this day i didnt become obsessive about him because it is very unnecessary and dangerous for mental health. but one of the most important reason that i became a fan of him is his honesty and sincerity. when he says something he says it from his heart. i really like that side of him. and i trust him what he says because i know he doesnt like to talk just for the sake of talking and he works hard for what he says. i truly know that he will do his best and my trust won't go in vain and if it goes than i wouldnt be offended because at the and of the day i've already accepted that he is a human just like the rest of us. 

anyway besides that lets be realistic and objective. he doesnt have to say anything about his private life. he doesnt owe anything to open these topics to his fans either. he got that fame thanks to his skating and he gives all information and thoughts about his skating. most of the celebrities do share what's going on in their lives though they dont have to. and if yuzuru prefers to say nothing about it and if we really care him than we have nothing left to do but showing respect to him. I mean i didnt sign anything to being informed about his privacy by him for become his fan. Nobody forced me, it was truly my decision. if i thought by myself a thing that no one has claimed that it will be happen and then when if it didn’t happen with the way i thought, in this case should i have any right to react aggressively? why would i be pissed off when he had done something about the things that he has never promised for not to do? Clearly, he wants to draw a line between his private life and skating. his ordinary side for the people who he sees him everyday. and his legendary skater side is for everyone who wants to watch him and mostly it is for us. we all saw him for the first time while he is skating and he hasn't changed anything. he still moves on with that tempo. and while the situation is like that as a fan of him lastly i just want to say that i am looking very forward to see his skating and more future projects of him. 

(if you read until here thank you so much. really appreciate it.)

7 時間前, Beatriceさんが言いました:

Well said, Max  :yes:

I myself has concluded by now that Minori Kitahara just didn't like Yuzuru's using the word 入籍 nyuseki (literally means "going into the register", somehow sounds classic), which originally means that someone is registered in someone else's family register, and generally it has been used at the time of marriage. As you may know, a marriage in Japan used to be regarded to happen between families, and in most cases (even after the Civil Law was changed), a woman has been registered in her husband's family register and changed her family name to husband's (of course there are opposite cases).  

Under the modern Japanese Civil Law, however, a married couple can start their family register from the first page as well, and they select the family name from theirs by mutual consent (it must be one family name though, and in most cases the husband's family name is still chosen).

I don't know why Yuzuru used such a classic way of saying (he could exactly say 婚姻届けを提出することになりました instead), but it is also true that we still feel 入籍 equals 結婚 (marriage). He might have avoided the word 結婚 (婚姻) in order to lessen our shock receiving from such a direct word. This is just my guessing though. 

Anyway, I'm quite sure now this is just a case that his selection of words has got on the feminist's nerves, and she has confessed that she is an Ohtani fan :D

So, forget about it, guys :meditationf:

5 hours ago, bubbletea said:

i mostly agree with the thoughts above and want to add a couple of my thinking process. an advice: just read it if you have a time sory its very long. by the way i am not gonna mention about the teenagers who are thinking they are in love with yuzu, it is nothing but an obsession at some point. 

i think the main reason for some fans' negative comments were about they kinda got upset from this direct announcement. they didnt get upset because of this beautiful news but they get upset from how they heard it. it was too sudden that all of us couldnt believe it at the first reading. and we learned it just like the rest of the public who has no interest with yuzu. being a fan of seomebody also requires some sort of privilige. it has to because being a fan means that following someone's all actions with attentive manners. there is even a so called term "fun-fact" we all know and heard before. what i mean from the privilage that i just used is kinda like this "yes he is famous everybody knows him but we know him about more than the rest of the society, we know what actually going on in his life and we know who he is beyond the cameras." this feeling what i am trying to mean while using the word "privilige". we all thought like "what? is he getting married? really? why we didnt noticed anything? did he want to hide it from us? at least he could give us a sign" and the train of thoughts goes on.

at least from my perspective these questions were the first things that came to my mind. but to be honest they are all selfish thoughts. and maybe some fans have still that way of thinking. i dont think like that anymore because after that i thought he shows his gratitude to us with a different way. for example he doesnt skate for fame or money and these days he showed he doent care for medals as well. he only concentrate to his reputation, his signature style of what figure skating actully is and for his audience, his dearest fans. maybe the last one is the most important for him. it is quite possible because he says it every single time. 

he shows his thanks through the books he written several times, the ice shows he attended each year without skipping any of them even he is injured, the ice shows he produced/created. because that's the best way he knows. will there be another GIFT? i dont think no one would do it something like that again just to express themselves to his fans. i suddenly remembered this year's tcc visit and his talk with brian orser. didnt he said "keeping this form is hard but i want to keep skating for my fans" he said it. he meant it. i am not a person who is a fan of many people. in my whole life there was just a one person that i had some sort of obsession with but not anymore. and for yuzu i am determined that i won't do the same mistake again and until this day i didnt became and obsessive about him because it is very unnecessary and dangerous for mental health. but one of the most important reason that i became a fan of him is his honesty and sincerity. when he says something he says it from his heart. i really like that side if him. and i trust him what he says because i know he doesnt like to talk just for sake of talking and he works hard for what he says. i truly know that he will do his best and my trust won't go in vain and if it goes than i wouldnt be offended because at the and of the day i've already accepted that he is a human just like the rest of us. 

anyway besides that lets be realistic and objective. he doesnt have to say anything about his private life. he doesnt owe anything to open these topics to his fans either. he got that fame thanks to his skating and he gives all information and thoughts about his skating. most of the celebrities do share what's going on in their lives though they dont have to. and if yuzuru prefers to say nothing about it and if we really care him than we have nothing left to do but showing respect to him. I mean i didnt sign anything to being informed about his privacy by him for become his fan. Nobody forced me it was truly my decision. if i thought by myself a thing that no one has claimed that it will be happen and then when if it didn’t happen with the way i thought, in this case should i have any right to react aggressively? why would i be pissed off when he had done something about the things that he has never promised for not to do? Clearly, he wants to draw a line between his private life and skating. his ordinary side for people who he sees everyday. and his legendary skater side is for everyone who wants to watch him and mostly it is for us. we all saw him firstly while he is skating and he hasn't changed he still moves on with that tempo. and while the situation is the that as a fan of him lastly i just want to say that i am looking forward to see his skating and more of future projects of him. 

(if you read until here thank you so much. really appreciate it.)

Excellent read

Also we need to realize why he keeps some things private

I am what wud be generallygenerally referred to as a Beijing Fanyu

So I started with a weary Yuzu barely holding on to his heart

It was obvious enough that not being on the podium was not a material or egoistic loss to him

Then FaOI had that theme of rebellion

And then we saw him blooming in Pro Era, starting w his promise to protect his heart

That is what he is doing when he keeps private - protecting his heart

He is keeping the promise he made to us

Let's applaud that!

👏👏👏👏

🙏

2 hours ago, SuzyQ said:

I myself has concluded by now that Minori Kitahara just didn't like Yuzuru's using the word 入籍 nyuseki (literally means "going into the register", somehow sounds classic), which originally means that someone is registered in someone else's family register, and generally it has been used at the time of marriage. As you may know, a marriage in Japan used to be regarded to happen between families, and in most cases (even after the Civil Law was changed), a woman has been registered in her husband's family register and changed her family name to husband's (of course there are opposite cases).  

Under the modern Japanese Civil Law, however, a married couple can start their family register from the first page as well, and they select the family name from theirs by mutual consent (it must be one family name though, and in most cases the husband's family name is taken).

I don't know why Yuzuru used such a classic way of saying (he could exactly say 婚姻届けを提出することになりました instead), but it is also true that we still feel 入籍 equals 結婚 (marriage). He might have avoided the word 結婚 (婚姻) in order to lessen our shock receiving from such a direct word. This is just my guessing though. 

Anyway, I'm quite sure now this is just a case that his selection of words has got on the feminist's nerves, and she has confessed that she is an Ohtani fan :D

Thanks for your explanation. It's very annoying that every word he utters is picked apart and criticized by someone. No wonder he kept the announcement as short as possible. Also, it's never enough that they just support their own faves, they always have to drag Yuzu to prop up their faves, and use him to get views. :/

I think no matter how Yuzu announced it, he would still have been criticized. You can't please everyone, and he can only try to do the best he can.

Tabloids have always targeted him. He can't even buy an apartment without them leaking the details, enough so that some people figured out where the location was. Imagine if they had a whiff that he was interested in starting a relationship. Would he even have had a chance to meet with her quietly to nurture their relationship? I just have to admire his ninja skills and how smart he was to maintain that "I live a monk's life and I'm married to my skating" image so much so that even people who knew him personally were convinced that he was not interested in dating. That made the tabloids less interested in his activities if all he was doing was going to practice and dealing with business. I suspect he did not want to risk their attention by giving hints to his fans. 

Yuzu is very aware and he knew he was going to break a lot of hearts with his announcement, so he made it short and simple, and went back to talking about skating in a way to reassure us that things have not changed. I'm not sure what else he could have said. For their security and privacy, he doesn't want to give out details that might accidentally identify her. If he talked about how happy he was in finding love and getting married, wouldn't that just make it harder for the broken-hearted? I'm sure he hated having to hurt his fans and this was not easy for him either.

3 hours ago, IceWings said:

Thanks for your explanation. It's very annoying that every word he utters is picked apart and criticized by someone. No wonder he kept the announcement as short as possible. Also, it's never enough that they just support their own faves, they always have to drag Yuzu to prop up their faves, and use him to get views. :/

I think no matter how Yuzu announced it, he would still have been criticized. You can't please everyone, and he can only try to do the best he can.

Tabloids have always targeted him. He can't even buy an apartment without them leaking the details, enough so that some people figured out where the location was. Imagine if they had a whiff that he was interested in starting a relationship. Would he even have had a chance to meet with her quietly to nurture their relationship? I just have to admire his ninja skills and how smart he was to maintain that "I live a monk's life and I'm married to my skating" image so much so that even people who knew him personally were convinced that he was not interested in dating. That made the tabloids less interested in his activities if all he was doing was going to practice and dealing with business. I suspect he did not want to risk their attention by giving hints to his fans. 

Yuzu is very aware and he knew he was going to break a lot of hearts with his announcement, so he made it short and simple, and went back to talking about skating in a way to reassure us that things have not changed. I'm not sure what else he could have said. For their security and privacy, he doesn't want to give out details that might accidentally identify her. If he talked about how happy he was in finding love and getting married, wouldn't that just make it harder for the broken-hearted? I'm sure he hated having to hurt his fans and this was not easy for him either.

Thank you. I was about to say the same and then saw you already did (and better than I would).

Having hints would have been better for us fans, but not for him. In this case, he needs to put himself first.

11 hours ago, SuzyQ said:

Under the modern Japanese Civil Law, however, a married couple can start their family register from the first page as well, and they select the family name from theirs by mutual consent (it must be one family name though, and in most cases the husband's family name is still chosen).

No, no, entertain me, cos I don't get why being Ohtani's fan = Yuzu's words are annoying to feminism fanatic LOL. 

Oh well....

On 10/8/2023 at 10:26, Martina said:

If anyone is interested, yesterday on my blog I published a post in Italian and English about Yuzu's wedding:

Intorno a un matrimonio/Around a wedding | sportlandia (wpcomstaging.com)

I couldn't agree more with you.

As you very eloquently said, Yuzu and us live in different worlds. We admire his skating, his artistry, his courage, his thoughtful words and his personality,  but if we speak about his private life, he doesn't owe us anything.  He has told us many times he's not an idol, but an athlete. And, IMHO, his marriage announcement was very thoughtful and carefully worded. He wanted us, his fans, to get the news about his new personal status from himself, not from any tabloid or gossip magazine. But he wants his privacy.

And I'm almost sure his wife wants privacy, too, so they both decided to keep her identity a secret. It has nothing to do with patriarchy or women erasure, they both have the right to share what they want about their private lives.

He shares his skating, his thoughts and his art, but under no circumstances he has to share every single thing of his personal life with his fans. He's already given us a lot.