General Yuzuru Chat

4 hours ago, JanMary said:

If I remember correctly, they sold the seats with VIP packages first, and not until some weeks later the seats can be bought without VIP packages. By that time front seats are all gone. 

Only less than 4 rows on Judges' side were open to public. I think first two rows of them were reserved by some Japanese tour groups. And the center part was reserved by ISU. Upper part on judges' side is reserved by media. 

Thanks! I've seen that for a moment some of these seats behind the judges were available to purchase as VIP Package (I suppose the most expensive one).

*[I will move this post to the new thread on tickets]*

VIP tickets were on sale late June, the regular all-event were available on 19 July or so. I think the PH organised group managed to purchase the tickets before the regular all-event tickets were available and that the group asked for gold (regular) package tickets. 

Single event tickets were available in October and some people also got these tickets. 

Note that there was also some kind of "sale" with "Smart Sport packages" in September (something round 10 Sept), when they were selling the same all-event packages but with a much lower price than the one from July. 

22 minutes ago, Sun_Rise said:

Thanks! I've seen that for a moment some of these seats behind the judges were available to purchase as VIP Package (I suppose the most expensive one).

*[I will move this post to the new thread on tickets]*

VIP tickets were on sale late June, the regular all-event were available on 19 July or so. I think the PH organised group managed to purchase the tickets before the regular all-event tickets were available and that the group asked for gold (regular) package tickets. 

Single event tickets were available in October and some people also got these tickets. 

Note that there was also some kind of "sale" with "Smart Sport packages" in September (something round 10 Sept), when they were selling the same all-event packages but with a much lower price than the one from July. 

The new package does not include OP and Gala, so it's cheaper

Still a robbery, yes.

Seats behind the judges are second expensive ones. I remember the first-row seats opposite of the judges' side cost 1600 euros. They are more close to the rink than seats behind the judges. And they can throw poohs. 

17 hours ago, NattyTashi said:

Oh gosh..what did I miss?  Yuzu is not doing Rondo for the second part of the tour? Where did you see this?

David Wilson posted that he choreographed a new program for Yuzu and he will skate it in Kobe and Shizuoka. So I deduced that he isn't doing the violin Roncappu some fans were talking about (mainly on twitter).

14 hours ago, Elly said:

They've been stuck in my head for over 2 weeks now, so I know the feeling. :giggle:

hah, it's my "wake up" song. Listen to every morning and the day starts good!

1 hour ago, JanMary said:

The new package does not include OP and Gala, so it's cheaper

Another flight, yes.

The seats behind the judges are the second most expensive. I remember that the front row seats opposite the judges' side cost 1600 euros. They are closer to the rink than seats behind the judges. And they can throw poop. 

Eh....... €1600 is for several days, I guess? 

9 hours ago, Perelandra said:

Hi Lovely Satellites

Couple of what might be really foolish questions and this might not be the correct thread, apologies in advance

I was wondering, because I may have missed the project, did the Planet organise a message of support for Yuzu after Beijing?

Ages ago, I recall that a satellite was going to attend ?COR? and was planning to buy a massive Pooh to throw "about the size of an average 3 yo". I really hope that whoever it was managed to attend that comp, find a huge Pooh and throw it. Sorry but it brings smile to my face even thinking about it and the logistics of finding said Pooh to purchase, getting him to the venue and launching him onto the ice:dancingpooh: I would really love to know how this venture went

Hide contents

I sent a letter to Yuzu and some Pooh themed gifts, to say thank you for everything, I also included a handmade Congratulations for Graduating card. I thanked Yuzu especially for the message which was published in Japanese newspaper for health care workers.

I am a Doc working in ITU and Anaesthesia, I also contracted COVID through my work exposure, around the time of Yuzu's message, I ended up being admitted to ITU myself, critically ill with COVID. ( I have written about this in COVID thread and my experience working through the COVID surges, so won't go on about that harrowing time here )

During my recovery, still ongoing, rewatching Yuzu performance videos and reading interviews has truly helped me. Like Yuzu after the earthquake, I know that every day going forward has to count. Sorry to be bit maudlin

I do not know whether it's the same satellite, but the biggest Pooh bear (or imitation Pooh bear) that I saw being thrown into the rink at a Yuzu performance, either live or on video, was at the 2019 Skate Canada International in Kelowna after his Otonal short program. We were at this competition and I noticed this Pooh because it was about as big as the fan who brought it there. I wondered if the fan was planning to throw it onto the ice and how she was going to do it. After the short program, the fan did drag the huge Pooh down to the boards and managed to get it over the boards and onto the ice. The only video I was able to find with this big Pooh is the one by "Beth S". You can see it lying on the ice at about 7:25. It was bigger than the girl who went to pick it up. I felt bad for the fan because Yuzu barely gave it a passing glance.

While we're on the subject of Winnie the Pooh and Pooh rain, I will post this short video entitled "Reign of Pooh" by On Ice Perspectives which was filmed at the 2019 Skate Canada International in Kelowna. I love the soundtrack!

16 minutes ago, Geo1 said:

I do not know whether it's the same satellite, but the biggest Pooh bear (or imitation Pooh bear) that I saw being thrown into the rink at a Yuzu performance, either live or on video, was at the 2019 Skate Canada International in Kelowna after his Otonal short program. We were at this competition and I noticed this Pooh because it was about as big as the fan who brought it there. I wondered if the fan was planning to throw it onto the ice and how she was going to do it. After the short program, the fan did drag the huge Pooh down to the boards and managed to get it over the boards and onto the ice. The only video I was able to find with this big Pooh is the one by "Beth S". You can see it lying on the ice at about 7:25. It was bigger than the girl who went to pick it up. I felt bad for the fan because Yuzu barely gave it a passing glance.

While we're on the subject of Winnie the Pooh and Pooh rain, I will post this short video entitled "Reign of Pooh" by On Ice Perspectives which was filmed at the 2019 Skate Canada International in Kelowna. I love the soundtrack!

Thanks Geo

I have seen and saved to playlist the video of Reign of Pooh, love it

The fancam is new to me and the giant bear is hilarious. Yuzu does seem to look in it's general direction. I wonder if the thought crossing his mind ( sorry wild speculation ) was actually " Good heavens one of the cosplay fans has fainted and fallen onto the ice, don't look, just skate on past, smile and wave, smile and wave " ( just channeling the penguins of Madagascar ):dpooh:

6 minutes ago, Perelandra said:

Thanks Geo

I have seen and saved to playlist the video of Reign of Pooh, love it

The fancam is new to me and the giant bear is hilarious. Yuzu does seem to look in it's general direction. I wonder if the thought crossing his mind ( sorry wild speculation ) was actually " Good heavens one of the cosplay fans has fainted and fallen onto the ice, don't look, just skate on past, smile and wave, smile and wave " ( just channeling the penguins of Madagascar ):dpooh:

That was hilarious!

:ohmygod::xD:

20 hours ago, NattyTashi said:

Oh gosh..what did I miss?  Yuzu is not doing Rondo for the second part of the tour? Where did you see this?

This post has been tagged by yuzuangel as [NEWS].
3 hours ago, Geo1 said:

Je ne sais pas s'il s'agit du même satellite, mais le plus gros ourson (ou imitation de l'ourson) que j'ai vu être jeté dans la patinoire lors d'une performance de Yuzu, en direct ou en vidéo, était aux Internationaux Patinage Canada 2019 à Kelowna après son programme court Otonal. Nous étions à cette compétition et j'ai remarqué cet ourson parce qu'il était à peu près aussi gros que le fan qui l'avait amené là-bas. Je me demandais si la fan prévoyait de le jeter sur la glace et comment elle allait le faire. Après le programme court, le fan a fait glisser l'énorme ourson vers les planches et a réussi à le faire passer par-dessus les planches et sur la glace. La seule vidéo que j'ai pu trouver avec ce gros Pooh est celle de "Beth S". You can see him lying on the ice around 7:25. He was bigger than the girl who had picked him up.

While we're talking about Winnie the Pooh and Pooh Rain, I'll be posting this short video titled "Reign of Pooh" by On Ice Perspectives which was filmed at the 2019 Skate Canada International in Kelowna. I love the soundtrack!

GEO1, I think it was that HUGE Mr BEAR that I had seen.....  

For the soundtrack of "reign of pooh" OH that I know this wonderful hymn sung by the great (not by size, but by her talent) Mrs. Edith PIAF that ALL French people applaud when they hear it and here is this link that I left in English for YOU ALL here and which explains the intensity of the text and the particularities of the French, because E Piaf started from nothing and sang in the streets of Paris and used slang (a kind of derivative)

https://www.frenchlearner.com/songs/non-je-ne-regrette-rien/#:~:text=The meaning of “Non%2C Je Ne Regrette Rien,work as she passed away three years later.

And here she is with her particular VOICE  :heartpound:  and French / English subtitles and here is Yuzu with this title that suits her like a glove :hairflip:  

2 hours ago, Yuzuwinnie said:

GEO1, I think it was that HUGE Mr BEAR that I had seen.....  

For the soundtrack of "reign of pooh" OH that I know this wonderful hymn sung by the great (not by size, but by her talent) Mrs. Edith PIAF that ALL French people applaud when they hear it and here is this link that I left in English for YOU ALL here and which explains the intensity of the text and the particularities of the French, because E Piaf started from nothing and sang in the streets of Paris and used slang (a kind of derivative)

https://www.frenchlearner.com/songs/non-je-ne-regrette-rien/#:~:text=The meaning of “Non%2C Je Ne Regrette Rien,work as she passed away three years later.

And here she is with her particular VOICE  :heartpound:  and French / English subtitles and here is Yuzu with this title that suits her like a glove :hairflip:  

Thanks for sharing! I have always loved Edith Piaf and particularly this song. What a perfect match with Yuzu's journey. Listening to it this morning I almost wanted to cry....