General Yuzuru Chat

17 minutes ago, Kat said:

:LOL:

I can accept these recommendations.

Here is someone who appreciates my EXCELLENT advice (also valid for me, of course)  :winky:  and here is a very fresh video which sums up well that YUZU is the best of the best and, also, please, the fanyus since I am in "float" and can't read you all : is there "writing" on the ice dance "and the French couple in GOLD WHICH IS super rare in addition 

THANK YOU 

6 hours ago, TokyoDream said:

I only saw 2 photos of his practice amd he seemed focused (= not smiling) and now I'm going to be paranoid everytime he doesn't smile! I guess I got too complacent with all the smiles we got yesterday 🤣

Someome please come knock me on the head!

Breathe. :heavybreathing:Remember to breathe. 

Sorry, after 4 years of stanning Yuzu, that is the only advice I have. 

5 hours ago, YuDai said:

My countryman Valtter Virtanen is 34, still improving and even learning new (quad) jumps!

Is he, really ? Great :rock: I have often taught that his love for figure skating is almost as great as Yuzu's. He is 34 and still finding inspiration for figure skating.

He deserves all the respect for his long career. He began skating two years before Yuzu was born :clapping-smiley:

11 minutes ago, Suzu said:

Is he, really ? Great :rock: I have often taught that his love for figure skating is almost as great as Yuzu's. He is 34 and still finding inspiration for figure skating.

He deserves all the respect for his long career. He began skating two years before Yuzu was born :clapping-smiley:

And when you think that he works fulltime as an MD, too, it's even more amazing

I think the problem with Shoma and Yuma's behaviour that we are taking issues with is mostly due to us comparing them to the high standards that Yuzu set, which is a bit unfair. Athletes are rivals and they compete against each other for the same medals and opportunists. Expecting them to like each other is a bit much :biggrin:. At best they can be polite about it and try to pretend, but very few can have the ability to sell the act and disguise their true feelings.

Yuzu is different, because he likes the sport more than anything so he can respect and like anyone who is involved with it regardless because they are part of what he likes. He also has this ability to focus on the positive aspects of a person and a performance, which makes his complements genuine and not just empty words.

Personally, I think it is better that they are honest about their feelings rather than acting one way in front of him and another behind his back. I hate two faced people.

1 hour ago, rockstaryuzu said:

And when you think that he works fulltime as an MD, too, it's even more amazing

Yes, that 's true. He must have burning desire to skate and constantly evolve, just like Yuzu. I think Valtter should be rewarded with a perseverance  medal :winner2:

8 minutes ago, Neenah said:

I think the problem with Shoma and Yuma's behaviour that we are taking issues with is mostly due to us comparing them to the high standards that Yuzu set, which is a bit unfair. Athletes are rivals and they compete against each other for the same medals and opportunists. Expecting them to like each other is a bit much :biggrin:. At best they can be polite about it and try to pretend, but very few can have the ability to sell the act and disguise their true feelings.

Yuzu is different, because he likes the sport more than anything so he can respect and like anyone who is involved with it regardless because they are part of what he likes. He also has this ability to focus on the positive aspects of a person and a performance, which makes his complements genuine and not just empty words.

Personally, I think it is better that they are honest about their feelings rather than acting one way in front of him and another behind his back. I hate two faced people.

Yuzuru certainly has raised the bar, but it's Yuma's lack of even bothering with basic decorum I frown at the most. He revels anytime "beats" Yuzuru. Sorry, but my 1st impression of him was awful and not likely to change anytime soon. Yuma doesnt pretend not to care...he is blatantly open that he does not care to pretend at politeness when it comes to Yuzuru.

Shoma, I am a lot more forgiving of, probably makes me a hypocrite, but after all of his and Yuzuru's interactions, I cant see it all as fake...so I"m willing to be more forgiving, even if I still dont like the follower behavior.

But to the point, absolutely as rivals and competitors it is understandable for them to be excited and revel in their own victories and to have skaters they are more star struck by than others. Knives out is probably best than the ones kept hidden, I suppose.

Google translate: "Yuzuru Hanyu's conference was a mirror of the press conference. It was full of healing and light that surpassed any religionist, not to mention the slowness and strength of the language. Still, as he says, there is a video of 9-year-old Hanyu and now he slipping together. It attracts listeners lyrically, concretely and visually. A genius narrator."

The poster explains in his bio:

President of Co., Ltd. #ホリプロ . I'm CEO of HoriPro Inc. Management of actors, singers, entertainers, athletes and cultural figures as an entertainment professional. Stage production for musicals and plays. It is also a production company for TV shows, movies, commercials and music.

This post has been tagged by yuzuangel as [NEWS].
1 hour ago, Kat said:

Yuzuru certainly has raised the bar, but it's Yuma's lack of even bothering with basic decorum I frown at the most. He revels anytime "beats" Yuzuru. Sorry, but my 1st impression of him was awful and not likely to change anytime soon. Yuma doesnt pretend not to care...he is blatantly open that he does not care to pretend at politeness when it comes to Yuzuru.

Shoma, I am a lot more forgiving of, probably makes me a hypocrite, but after all of his and Yuzuru's interactions, I cant see it all as fake...so I"m willing to be more forgiving, even if I still dont like the follower behavior.

But to the point, absolutely as rivals and competitors it is understandable for them to be excited and revel in their own victories and to have skaters they are more star struck by than others. Knives out is probably best than the ones kept hidden, I suppose.

wasn't defending their actions, it really wasn't nice or polite towards Yuzu who is their teammate before anything else

As for Yuma, I think that he is a kid who is due to lack of experience and maturity bought into his own hype. He lives with his coach which means he doesn't get any other point of view or advice from different prospective other than those who are trying to mold him into a certain shape. I still have hope for him that he will grow up from the shadow of his father and find his own voice and personality as a skater. He is still young and I want to give him the benefit of the doubt like I did Nathan when he started.

6 minutes ago, Neenah said:

wasn't defending their actions, it really wasn't nice or polite towards Yuzu who is their teammate before anything else

As for Yuma, I think that he is a kid who is due to lack of experience and maturity bought into his own hype. He lives with his coache which means he doesn't get any other point of view or advice from different prospective other than those who are trying to mold him into a certain shape. I still have hope for him that he will grow up from the shadow of his father and find his own voice and personality as a skater. He is still young and I want to give him the benefit of the doubt like I did Nathan when he started.

Understandable, and if I came off as snappish, please know that wasnt my intent. Nor did I mean to imply you were defending them, offering perspective, but I didnt take it as a defense. Im a bit chaotic right now, so please excuse me 😅

I think Shoma is an immature, somewhat dozy individual, who accepts what comes to him, was quite happy in Yuzuru’s slipstream and might be equally happy in Yumas.  There have been some things reported about him that made me think he was probably rather spoiled and sheltered - I think (hope) that life in Stephane Lambiel’s rink is good for him and helping him to grow up a bit.  I wonder if his previous coach thought that he needed to get out of his comfort zone.  He doesn’t have very good manners - bit of a spoiled brat.

Yuma is young, coached by a father who is from the Japanese skating establishment, with whom he presumably lives.  I expect he’s also rather spoiled, and probably has a head full of notions that he didn’t think up for himself, and he too lacks the usual exquisite Japanese politeness we’ve become accustomed to.  Idk whether he’s ambitious, or his coach/father is so on his behalf, but at this age it probably produces the same result.  I strongly expect him to turn into a Japanese version of Nathan Chen, the Japanese bit being the ability to bend his knees.  I will be delighted if he proves me wrong, but more delighted if Shun Sato or Kao Miura  improve to challenge him - they seem to have a bit more personality.