General Yuzuru Chat

28 minutes ago, Yuzuspiration said:

Hey, so knowing that in general men peak around their early 20s in fs, would this last quad be considered Yuzuru's prime despite his injuries?? 

Pre-NHK injury he spoke of an epiphany that male skaters don't necessarily peak at 25 after seeing Nobu do 4lz around the age of 30 so who knows! 

1 hour ago, SparkleSalad said:

Pre-NHK injury he spoke of an epiphany that male skaters don't necessarily peak at 25 after seeing Nobu do 4lz around the age of 30 so who knows! 

Don't forget he made Minoru Sano skate:peekapooh: Trollzuru must have used that to gather more data about it

ETA: I just got paid and first thing i did was to order a CiONTU shirt and one of the clear files (guess which one)

4 minutes ago, Hydroblade said:

Don't forget he made Minoru Sano skate:peekapooh: Trollzuru must have used that to gather more data about it

Someone show him Brian wildin doing backflips around 2010.  Ii data....

10 minutes ago, Xen said:

Someone show him Brian wildin doing backflips around 2010.  Ii data....

Yuzu: Brianbrianbrianbrian I saw this video of you

Brian: [oh god what did he see]

[Sees the video, looks up from the screen and looks at Yuzu's glittering eyes]

Yuzu: Can you teach me how to keep on being able to do things like that when i'm old?

[Brian's hair vanishes]

Brian:...

Wait who are you calling old

[Yuzu is already jumping far away from him]

2 hours ago, Cerunias said:

Olympic channel coming to full realisation that Hanyu is hot property currently and a reasonably bankable name especially in FS, and so happily making as many mentions as possible?

On the topic of bankability, I read previously that Hanyu was valued at approx $2m - with the PC success, I would have thought that's a bit undervalued now?

The figure of his net worth has been there for years now iirc, it's almost certainly outdated. 

2 hours ago, skateIT said:

Ok, CiONTU merch follow up question. Anyone else from the US who has used cdjapan? Which shipping option would be best? airmail, SAL small packet, etc. Should I just go for cheapest? I'm getting a t shirt, clear files, and the commemorative book.

I've used CDJapan for normal buying, and White Rabbit Express for proxy buying (which is very similar to this new CDJapan proxy service), and I went with SAL small packet because it was registered and slightly cheaper than EMS. I've had other friends who regularly use a proxy and go with the cheapest option, though. Their items are always packaged well despite the cheaper option (CDJapan packages things nicely too), but it takes a very long time to get to them, and sometimes it would get held up in customs. It depends on how long you're willing to wait for the goods or how much you want to spend to get them earlier.

1 hour ago, Yuzuspiration said:

Hey, so knowing that in general men peak around their early 20s in fs, would this last quad be considered Yuzuru's prime despite his injuries?? 

Rather than early 20s, I'd always heard it said that 23 was the peak age for male skaters, so they gradually grow and improve, and around 23-25 are their best seasons.