General Yuzuru Chat

I should add, the fact that Yahoo get trolled so badly says something about their cybersecurity. Becareful when you're on Yahoo everyone. (Browse in private, if you buy stuff with credit card, do check your billing etc etc).

As an industry insider I know that Yahoo isn't as invested in these sort of issues compared to Google, banks etc. But boy, they need an actual professional CS team behind this, not something quaint like "send an email if you want to bid"...

@Hydroblade Yeah totally. I stayed up all night watching Pyeongchang (both short and free). It started at like... 2AM.... (!!) I was so nervous for both the short and the free that I couldn't enjoy his performance, and had to watch it again afterwards, when I was more calm... Happy to be part of the clan!

5 minutes ago, wingman said:

@Hydroblade Yeah totally. I stayed up all night watching Pyeongchang (both short and free). It started at like... 2AM.... (!!) I was so nervous for both the short and the free that I couldn't enjoy his performance, and had to watch it again afterwards, when I was more calm... Happy to be part of the clan!

Get ready for the documentaries, streaming parties, ice shows, THE MEDIA DAY, costume reveal...

:9:

17 minutes ago, wingman said:

Hi everyone,

After lurking for a week here I became convinced about the good vibe of this community. So happy to join!

I discovered Yuzuru right before the Pyeongchang (one of those articles on "who to watch out for in the Olympic games"). I've always had a soft spot for good athletes (being a former athlete myself). The week before Pyeongchang, I was watching him for *hours* everyday. I caught up with all of his interviews, performances, gala etc. The thing is, I'm totally not the emotional type. Until Yuzuru, I never understood the word "inspired" or "moved", really.

The most crazy thing is that Yuzuru literally changed my life. Seeing him enjoy himself so much made me envious! So I asked myself: why aren't I having that much fun in my work? This has set off a transformative journey, and now my life is so much more fulfilling. . My story could have been replaced by the poster story for religious converts, and it would resonate with many. Yuzuru is the closest thing to God - really.

Welcome to the group!

While I personally cannot say I'm not the emotional type, I'm actually the poster child for the emotional type, various performances that Yuzuru has put forward have pulled at my emotions as well. 

You're also quite the trooper for staying up as late as you did to watch the varying skates! While I was here on the east coast somewhat complaining about it not ending until 12:30am, others were in places where the events didn't start until then. It was likely totally worth it though, or so I've heard from other friends I have who did such a thing. 

1 minute ago, ClarissaH said:

You're also quite the trooper for staying up as late as you did to watch the varying skates! While I was here on the east coast somewhat complaining about it not ending until 12:30am, others were in places where the events didn't start until then. It was likely totally worth it though, or so I've heard from other friends I have who did such a thing. 

Lucky you! I was in Europe at the time. I can only kick myself for not discovering him early, otherwise I would have come to Helsinki.

I bet you didn't sleep after his free though. :)

9 minutes ago, Hydroblade said:

Get ready for the documentaries, streaming parties, ice shows, THE MEDIA DAY, costume reveal...

I know - can't wait! I watched the Olympic free on B.ESP. They didn't even show the plush ceremony, just cut the line right after Shoma's score.  What a scandal! I spent a good half an hour searching for fluff streams before giving up.

48 minutes ago, wingman said:

Lucky you! I was in Europe at the time. I can only kick myself for not discovering him early, otherwise I would have come to Helsinki.

I bet you didn't sleep after his free though. :)

Oh I absolutely wasn't able to sleep. Even though it ended at 12:30, I didn't get to bed until almost 4am. I don't know if it was because of all the sugar I had consumed through Japanese candies I splurged on for the event, the excitement from the free skate, or both. 

4 hours ago, nagini said:

@creamlullaby and @Elle  Welcome to the fanyu family! :grouphug: Fare warning we're all a bit crazy sometimes but we keep the boundaries so please don't be surprised if you see some unexpected comments.Don't be shy, post often!  :snpeace: 

Don't worry, I'm used to kpop fandoms, nothing can beat that... :war:

13 hours ago, anyanee said:

Where are you from? cause Thailand also have entrance exam now. I hope to find fellow Thai fan  hahahaha

I'm from Vietnam but currently studying in India. I'm sure you'll find Thai friends that like Yuzu, the Planet is a fun and happy world :tumblr_inline_mzx8xsVPrg1r8msi5:

1 minute ago, cinemacoconut said:

Zu worked with David Wilson for The Swan. You guys reckon he might switch choreo for next season??

I really wnt Jeffrey to do the short though. Jeffrey and Yuzu have amazing chemistry for the short. Ive never seen a bad yuzu short for Jeffrey. I like Shae alot. But maybe Yuzu wnts to experiment? 

Omg yeah, I love Jeffrey's choreos too. He has such musicality!

14 hours ago, anyanee said:

I hope you find one too^^

Me too! So far, all that's happened is my sister will watch if I send her links and bribe her (though she asked me about Tessa and Scott, apparently everybody was talking about their MR), and my husband, instead of getting into figure skating, has got into Monster Hunter and declared that sleepy pizza-loving gamer Shoma would be just the kind of guy he'd hang out with. :laughing: But we have the planet, and what are distances and time zones when life is scheduled by Yuzu's itinerary and now also major fs competitions?! :grouphug: High speed internet is my true soulmate. :P 

4 hours ago, xeyra said:

The problem is the auction site doesn't have the means to prevent a bid from being placed. People have to e-mail them to legitimize their bid, yes, but it doesn't seem to prevent it from being made in the first place, before verification happens. Which is logical, because if every bid had to wait for verification from actual people, it would take too long and basically have people be outbid even before they placed a bid. However, there should be some way to have some instant verification, like requiring an actual credit card. 

No that wouldn't work - given how they can't defend a few trolls, what's going to happen with everyone's credit card information?

Sorry to revive this auction discussion. I could feel everyone's kuyashii~, and of course, you are totally right, these trolls are heartless idiots.

But honestly they just increased attention to the auction. As I said above, serious people/groups will bid at the very end. Just think of Yuzuru - he always has a great comeback.

I'm sure it will turn out well (barring technological disasters from Yahoo, like, the auction page get hacked or shuts down... )

@Elle@creamlullaby@wingman:

Also joinging in the chorus-Welcome to the Planet! Just a small warning-please pay attention to Mount Irene in the NW corner, as it tends to erupt occassionally, with the eruption consisting of Poohs, glitter dust, chocolate vapors etc. Also watch out for the Paprika fields at the border of the capital city-when Yuzu is gone for a long time, sometimes the paprika fields expand wildly, and prime minister Pooh needs to deploy more android pooh bots to mow down the wild paprika.

Yes, we are at times extremely silly (quad harem ladies, salary men quads, mental theatres), and very serious (complaints and discussions about new judging guidelines). So hope you are ready for the rollercoaster. And if you skate, or are looking into figure skating, there's a group of us in the knick-knacks section who skate. =) Also, if you ever attend a Yuzu competition, look out for planet meet-ups.

4 hours ago, Aotoshiro said:

If that happens I petite for the Planet to set up some kind of fundraising page opened only for the Planet members to gather the cash and enter the bid as Planet Hanyu. We have Japanese speaking people, and while we might not reach 41million yen, we WILL for real want to give that cash to the recovery efforts.

And if we win those boots we can start a mobile Hanyu museum to tour the world for all the fanyus to have a chance to visit somethign like that without the need to go to Japan.

Love this. (But the logistics of it is impossible though). Don't worry - I'm sure that this is not the last time Yuzu is holding a charity auction. And hopefully in the second time Yahoo (or whoever's doing the auction) would learn from this experience.