Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Planet Hanyu

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

rockstaryuzu

Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by rockstaryuzu

  1. This seem like a timely juncture to remind everyone that spreading charity and kindness, and having mercy on the suffering, is always the right thing to do, no matter what kind of challenges and opposition you face.
  2. What's up with that? If you want to vent, feel free to DM me. Also, if we stick to just sending money to the hospital, problem solved.
  3. I think that's PW actually. But it looks like TCC is using Yuzu's step seqs as learning tools?
  4. Congratulations, that's great, @Geo1! I, too, got my first dose today. More or less out of the blue. Yesterday I had no clue when I'd be vaccinated, today suddenly here I am feeling relieved. I'm totally down for any competition that can be run safely in future. And I've never properly visited Vancouver. Looking forward to it , if it happens.
  5. Yes. Ice-chan was acting the tsundere that day.
  6. He said that to Kenji Miyamoto, I believe. When Kenji was in his mid-30s? Kenji did take exception to it, in a laughing way.
  7. Oh Lord, I laughed so hard. Especially the punchline. and the coda:
  8. I'm getting tired of TAT. Just last week, Kosto was sharply criticizing Eteri. If she goes back now, ay caramba. I didn't watch the Russian Cup, was what Plush did so horrible? Did he kick her out or something?
  9. While reading this, the following rather crazy thought occurred to me: We know Yuzu is a student of figure skating history and looks up to those who came before. What if he's fully aware of Salchow's story, and, not only aware, but thinking, "heh, I can top that"? I mean, the age 42 for Yuzu is only 16 years away...he's already lasted 10...
  10. I just want her to win because she's an actual adult and not a baby dressed up in adult clothes, but yes, it would be hugely entertaining.
  11. This is why I like Mishin. He's ridiculous but sometimes pretty awesome At this point, I might just be rooting for Liza to win, tbh.
  12. you just had to go there, @Geo1. Now my mind is lost in the gutter.
  13. I don't mean this badly, but i sincerely believe Yuzu is level-headed enough to realize that the 4A is something he can't coach himself for. As much as i would love to see him do it, YOLOing it is not the way.
  14. Poor baby is trying so hard!
  15. Keegan does social media. I would think that if he's got a consistent 4Lz, he'd have popped it up on his Insta
  16. No, in fact this is more detail than I knew. 4Lz...I can see why that would tempt the selection committee. There's no question that having some firepower in the jumps department is important at the top levels. And if we're talking about consistency...to be honest, none of them are rock solid in that regard. They all have good days and bad days. I don't think you could use that as a basis for comparison. My guess - and it's only a guess - is that they went for firepower plus experience and ended up with Keegan. Too bad though. It was really shaping up to be Roman's year. I'm dying to see that free skate of his live.
  17. I wholeheartedly agree.
  18. Tbh, there was no way this situation was ever going to be anything more than crappy for all of them. Keegan ( if he goes to Worlds and doesn't decline out of a sense of COVID caution) needs a top ten finish to get Canada's second men's spot back. And Nam and Roman are forced to sit on the sidelines again.
  19. My understanding is that he lends them.
  20. Thanks for the translation and explanation, it will keep us from falling into a negative discussion indeed.
  21. I love it. It just screams snarky Musubimaru* energy. *Musubimaru is the samurai onegiri mascot of Visit Miyagi** twitter. **Sendai is in Miyagi***. ***Am I being ponderously pedantic just for fun? Yes****. ****My sense of humour may not tickle everyone's funnybone. Oh well.
  22. Jun's SP is up in the thread that @barbara posted, above. Other skaters too but i only had time to watch Jun this morning. He's skating very well but you can still tell that he really needs to get back to his coaches for some tuning up of jumps, etc . Can't believe we haven't seen him skate in a year and two weeks. Miss him so much.
  23. I think I've only re-watched it a couple of times because emotional rollercoaster - still!
  24. Same. My dad did FINA officiating course one after another and wrote a computer program to help the swim club tabulate results...and he only knew how to do breastroke slowly... Volunteers make everything happen, in the end.
  25. For the sake of sweet suffering Jesus, WHY? It was the single most stagnant, opaque, thoroughly corruptible system that ever existed to score a sport anywhere. IJS, and the current +5 GOE system , have their faults but at least a skater can break down their score and see what the judges thought of them and why they thought it, and go home with an idea of what to work on for next time. It's not even like the American women are all that bad. It's just that the Russians and Japanese are way ahead. To paraphrase something TAT once said, not every judge was once a figure skater. Like any sport, some officials are probably parent volunteers who got invested in it and got better and better at it. Just like in swimming. If every timer, starter, stroke&turn judge, meet referee, etc had to be a former swimmer to qualify, swim meets wouldn't get held. It's all parent volunteers. So maybe the answer is to provide a welcoming atmosphere and training for BIPOC parent volunteers to contribute as skating officials, and then they can work their way up to the higher levels. Nothing ever happens without grassroots involvement when it comes to amateur sport. For coaching you probably do need former skaters, though.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.