Everything posted by yuzuangel
-
Team we're fewer but still good!
I watched her in this performance: She is so inspiring! She started taking lessons at 13 which is a very late age for competitive skating. Apparently she got a deduction for wearing a headscarf at her first international competition, which sounds ridiculous. And that dress is so exquisitely beautiful.
- Skating on the Planet
-
Technical problems
Oh geez, that must be a bug. Well, not sure how to fix it, because it sounds like a bug from the move, not an invision power bug, but that's really weird...sorry about that, haha.
- General Skating Chat
- General Skating Chat
- General Skating Chat
-
SEIMEI
- General Skating Chat
Wow! 30 million. How much do football stars make? I mean I know it's not salary but also training costs, travel costs, etc, but that's a lot. Yuna was listed at Forbes for being paid something like $10-$14 million: https://www.forbes.com/pictures/mli45feid/no-7-kim-yu-na/#3dd273219b40. Of course all of these numbers are speculation. Yuzuru also has other endorsement deals and prize money too. And sometimes ice shows. Also, he is so poetic! Sometimes I run out of superlatives to describe him, but then he surprises me- Team USA
LOL- Team USA
- Team Canada
- 2014-2015 Season Yuzuru Hanyu Competitions Streaming/Discussion Party
It was a difficult season to watch but thank you all for joining! Here is the link to the chat transcript: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1UpQ2acsnjekJGOirw0dTDfuP0WPbP7QcEm6JexXrd20/edit?usp=sharing- 2014-2015 Season Yuzuru Hanyu Competitions Streaming/Discussion Party
https://www.rabb.it/planethanyu Here is the link!- Programs we remember
Haha when I read this I was like "How horrible!" I could never imagine a Western coach doing this without the student or his/her parents getting upset and taking the kid to another coach. But Zhenya herself says that after that she never wanted to fall again which gives me great respect for her for being able to take something so humiliating and turn it into something great. Actually Zhenya's mental strength might be unparalleled in the history of this sport (although we'll still have to see her at her first Olympics but for some reason I'm not too worried).- Programs we remember
Yes, the media attention certainly didn't help and my impression is that Yulia had to sacrifice a lot to get to Sochi. She was 15 and growing and they made a conscious decision to push her through Sochi. I think afterwards, her not-ideal technique + growing into a woman + maybe the health repercussions she suffered during/before Sochi probably hurt her skating career and health a lot. If you read her account, she was already recommended to quit before Sochi but she did everything she could to get there. Since then she's had a lot of health issues, and it's very unfortunate but I don't think we can just chalk it up to bad luck or media attention which puts the blame solely on no one. Of course, no one would really know the answer except her and her doctor. Regardless, Yulia is a very determined, very talented, and very special skater that I will miss so much when she decides to retire. I don't think anyone would have expected that little girl in the red coat, the one who was so young and so talented, to just disappear from the skating world so soon I wonder if her fans from Sochi might look for her at Pyeonchang and be surprised that she is not there. And I think Yulia's jumps during Sochi were worse than Medvedeva's, but the recent performances at Rostelecom they seemed higher/better (the ones that she could land, ofc).- General Skating Chat
- How Do I...?
You can try hiding it, which will cause it to basically disappear and only staff can see it.- SEIMEI
so a costume change program?- General Yuzuru Chat
we're hopeless- General Yuzuru Chat
Now that you mentioned it....- General Yuzuru Chat
- General Yuzuru Chat
Hello, I know I am a few pages too late to talk about Boyangman, but just as a reminder we have a Team China thread: Let's try to keep the Yuzu chat about Yuzu and gush about Boyang in the Team China thread (It seems to have already moved there haha.)- Figure skating & safety
Noo............................- General Yuzuru Chat
Holy shiiiiiiit lol- Jump Faces Yeah!!!
They don't do quads! - General Skating Chat
Account
Navigation
Search
Configure browser push notifications
Chrome (Android)
- Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
- Tap Permissions → Notifications.
- Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
- Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
- Select Site settings.
- Find Notifications and adjust your preference.
Safari (iOS 16.4+)
- Ensure the site is installed via Add to Home Screen.
- Open Settings App → Notifications.
- Find your app name and adjust your preference.
Safari (macOS)
- Go to Safari → Preferences.
- Click the Websites tab.
- Select Notifications in the sidebar.
- Find this website and adjust your preference.
Edge (Android)
- Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
- Tap Permissions.
- Find Notifications and adjust your preference.
Edge (Desktop)
- Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
- Click Permissions for this site.
- Find Notifications and adjust your preference.
Firefox (Android)
- Go to Settings → Site permissions.
- Tap Notifications.
- Find this site in the list and adjust your preference.
Firefox (Desktop)
- Open Firefox Settings.
- Search for Notifications.
- Find this site in the list and adjust your preference.