General Yuzuru Chat

17 minutes ago, rockstaryuzu said:

No, no, no. He's going to win Skate Canada next year, too. I decree it! :idea-007:

Now that Patrick Chan isn't competing, and now that judges at Skate Canada mark Yuzu fairly, I think Skate Canada will be a regular GP for Yuzu because it is close to TCC

8 minutes ago, quadaxelwin said:

Now that Patrick Chan isn't competing, and now that judges at Skate Canada mark Yuzu fairly, I think Skate Canada will be a regular GP for Yuzu because it is close to TCC

Well, 'close' is a relative term, Kelowna is 5 or 6 hours by plane from Toronto, but yeah. Compared to that, Ottawa is practically in TCC's backyard. 

Maybe this (I truly hope so!  If he retires after Beijing 2022):

7x GPF

6x ACI

5x NHK

4x WC

3x Olys

3x Skate Canada

2x Rostelecom 

2x 4CC

1x Helsinki

1x Cup of China

(He may go to Cup of China in the future given how big a draw he is for Chinese fans and brands.  Plus, he will win there once and for all and let us concur our PTSD from that event!)

5 minutes ago, holina said:

7x GPF

6x ACI

5x NHK

4x WC

3x Olys

3x Skate Canada

2x Rostelecom 

2x 4CC

1x Helsinki

1x Cup of China

(He may go to Cup of China in the future given how big a draw he is for Chinese fans and brands.  Plus, he will win there once and for all and let us concur our PTSD from that event!)

I love it!! 

It could be a song: 

On the first day of Skate - mas

Hanyu gave to me

a delicious win at Helsinki

on the second day of skate-mas

dear Yuzu gave to me

One COC gold, 

and a delicious win at Helsinki! 

on the third day of skate-mas 

the Ice Lord made to be

2 wins at 4CC,

one COC gold

and a delicious win at Helsinki! 

&c, &c

But are we forgetting JNats? How many of those does he have? 

Are we giddy yet? I feel like we're acting the way we do during the summer drought :embSwan:.

46 minutes ago, holina said:

7x GPF

6x ACI

5x NHK

4x WC

3x Olys

3x Skate Canada

2x Rostelecom 

2x 4CC

1x Helsinki

1x Cup of China

If Yuzu's goal was to break records, he would want to add in a idF and Skate America Gold too, just so he can become the male skater who won all Grand Prix events :nod2:

8 minutes ago, quadaxelwin said:

If Yuzu's goal was to break records, he would want to add in a idF and Skate America Gold too, just so he can become the male skater who won all Grand Prix events :nod2:

True, but they are NOT going to invte him to Skate America while Nathan Chen or Vincent Zhou are contenders....

3 minutes ago, TallyT said:

True, but they are NOT going to invte him to Skate America while Nathan Chen or Vincent Zhou are contenders....

Yes, that's why I was saying he won't ever win idF or Skate Canada. Unless Nathan takes a year off skating to study

Speaking of awards, anyone know any prominent sports awards (international) that we can vote Yuzu for besides USSA?

USSA seems to be the only international sports institution that nominates him consecutively.

What else might there be? I love it when foreign media pays attention to Yuzu's achievements!  

1 hour ago, quadaxelwin said:

Yes, that's why I was saying he won't ever win idF or Skate Canada. Unless Nathan takes a year off skating to study

Tbh, I don't want Yuzu to go to IdF unless they fix their ice quality issues. It's too frickin' dangerous. 

28 minutes ago, rockstaryuzu said:

Tbh, I don't want Yuzu to go to IdF unless they fix their ice quality issues. It's too frickin' dangerous. 

Same. At least they fixed those plastic star awards. Hopefully they get more funding as figure skating gets more popular. Such a waste for a developed country like France to hold low quality comps. 

I do want Yuzu to go to Skate America because it's close to Canada (relatively). And also because I believe Yuzu can win against Nathan even in Skate America if Yuzu is in top form. 

1 hour ago, quadaxelwin said:

Same. At least they fixed those plastic star awards. Hopefully they get more funding as figure skating gets more popular. Such a waste for a developed country like France to hold low quality comps. 

I do want Yuzu to go to Skate America because it's close to Canada (relatively). And also because I believe Yuzu can win against Nathan even in Skate America if Yuzu is in top form. 

But the likelihood (barring injury) that they'll both be seeded and can't meet is high. (And as we saw last year, even if they aren't both seeded the ISU will probably want to keep them apart.)

However, because of Helsinki Yuzu can still get gold medals from 6 different GPs if he does IdF and CoC :grin:

The ISU just uploaded a bunch of old videos, interviews and even some full competitions on their youtube (world's 2019 is there for example)... Probably a mistake since a lot of them are named things such as 'test' or are just plain weird clips (like the interview with boyang where they do a super zoom on his face lmao) but go and download things if you want until they delete/make things unlisted haha. I don't see any yuzu only clips but maybe they'll slip up again later :> 

https://www.youtube.com/user/SkatingISU/videos 

11 hours ago, rockstaryuzu said:

Are we giddy yet? I feel like we're acting the way we do during the summer drought :embSwan:.

It's been two weeks and we're losing it. Yuzu, please, the cacti need watering. :1:

2 hours ago, tafattsbarn said:

The ISU just uploaded a bunch of old videos, interviews and even some full competitions on their youtube (world's 2019 is there for example)... Probably a mistake since a lot of them are named things such as 'test' or are just plain weird clips (like the interview with boyang where they do a super zoom on his face lmao) but go and download things if you want until they delete/make things unlisted haha. I don't see any yuzu only clips but maybe they'll slip up again later :> 

https://www.youtube.com/user/SkatingISU/videos 

Well, some poor social media intern at the ISU is going to have some explaning to do. :xD:

It looks like they just uploaded a ton of their old (pre-editing) videos - the one of Javi going over one of his costumes is hilarious. But the 2017 GPF qualified men's video does put how much the field has changed into pretty sharp relief - out of Nathan, Shoma, Boyang, Adam, Misha, and Uncle Sergei, Nathan is the only one with a realistic chance of making the final. Everyone else is injured, retired, or had a rough go their first GP event this season.

12 hours ago, holina said:

7x GPF

6x ACI

5x NHK

4x WC

3x Olys

3x Skate Canada

2x Rostelecom 

2x 4CC

1x Helsinki

1x Cup of China

I like the numbers, but secretly I hope there's a chance for him to have a GP in Europe again (somewhere where visa is not needed). I regret so much not trying for Helsinki last year, that I'm making every effort to go to the GPF this year. I don't know if I dare to say France (maybe if they fix their ice issues).