When will Yuzu land 4A

SparkleSalad

When will Mr Hanyu land 4A?  

301 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

4 minutes ago, WinForPooh said:

About his 4Lz, we saw it at CoR because he'd crocked his knee well and good before ACI and he changed his entire layout for it. Otherwise we would've seen it at ACi. If he's completely fit and his practices are going well, I honestly expect it for ACi, and I wouldn't be surprised if it was in the SP because that layout he gave for his SP is complete nonsense, it's going back two seasons and the layout he landed perfectly when his ankle was held together by Kikuchi san's expertise and some bandage. A fit Yuzu telling us we're going to see him do a 4S 3A 4T-3T when he has his 4Lo back? Yeah, not buying that. If he's feeling good, I think he'll go for it. For me it's a question of how exactly is he trolling with that SP layout - is he taking the 4Lo and putting it in there, and changing FS like he said he would? Or is he going to go straight 4A in the SP?

ETA: I don't think it'll be later than Helsinki if all goes according to plan. The second GP and GPF are things he needs to win, I don't think we'll be sing Nessie for the first time at either.

You should all know that @WinForPooh is responsible for this poll’s existence because of this theory so please direct all freak outs her way. :P 

1 minute ago, Xen said:

Yata is correct that it's safer points wise for him to go for broke in the FS rather than the SP.

I would say if he does bring the 4A for LP, the 4Lo is going to SP, so SP would be 4Lo 3A//4T3T  because that would fit the rhythm of his SP's so far. And he can fall back on 4S 3A/4T3T if he has issues.  You can't win a competition with a good SP,  but you can lose a competition if you bomb an SP.

... On the other hand he's probably going to pop everything after he lands 4A so that's fewer points to lose if there are fewer jumps to pop, one of which is the 3A which is his old friend now. 

1 minute ago, SparkleSalad said:

You should all know that @WinForPooh is responsible for this poll’s existence because of this theory so please direct all freak outs her way. :P 

Snitches get stitches, I'll have you know.

We went from 4A polls to chocolate bananas. What should we make of this? How should we read this?

A 4A is like 90% cacao dark chocolate, an acquired taste? As rare as a banana stuffed with chocolate-for the few, the brave, the crazy ones?

4 minutes ago, WinForPooh said:

o-BANANA-CHOCOLATE-FILLED-facebook.jpg

Is... is that caramel inside the chocolate inside the banana? Better break the banoctopooh some more to make sure. 

3 minutes ago, Xen said:

We went from 4A polls to chocolate bananas. What should we make of this? How should we read this?

A 4A is like 90% cacao dark chocolate, an acquired taste? As rare as a banana stuffed with chocolate-for the few, the brave, the crazy ones?

I’m making of it that we’re already hungry and sleep-deprived. Good preparation for ACi. :D 

1 hour ago, WinForPooh said:

About his 4Lz, we saw it at CoR because he'd crocked his knee well and good before ACI and he changed his entire layout for it. Otherwise we would've seen it at ACi. If he's completely fit and his practices are going well, I honestly expect it for ACi, and I wouldn't be surprised if it was in the SP because that layout he gave for his SP is complete nonsense, it's going back two seasons and the layout he landed perfectly when his ankle was held together by Kikuchi san's expertise and some bandage. A fit Yuzu telling us we're going to see him do a 4S 3A 4T-3T when he has his 4Lo back? Yeah, not buying that. If he's feeling good, I think he'll go for it. For me it's a question of how exactly is he trolling with that SP layout - is he taking the 4Lo and putting it in there, and changing FS like he said he would? Or is he going to go straight 4A in the SP?

ETA: I don't think it'll be later than Helsinki if all goes according to plan. The second GP and GPF are things he needs to win, I don't think we'll be seeing Nessie for the first time at either.

Actually, going safe with the SP makes perfect sense if he wants to take a big risk in the FP. Being clean or cleanish in the SP will give him a good cushion for his scores in case of a bad skate later and will also position him safely in the last group so his PC won't suffer for skating early. Yuzu's PC maybe the highest now (and I expect them to stay that way) but the earlier he skates the less generous the judges are and every point counts :shrug:

I find it really funny how we are all so sure that he will land his first attempted 4A and have trouble with the rest of the program afterwards. Our Yuzu really is a man of routines and predictable patterns :laughing:

1 hour ago, Neenah said:

Actually, going safe with the SP makes perfect sense if he wants to take a big risk in the FP. Being clean or cleanish in the SP will give him a good cushion for his scores in case of a bad skate later and will also position him safely in the last group so his PC won't suffer for skating early. Yuzu's PC maybe the highest now (and I expect them to stay that way) but the earlier he skates the less generous the judges are and every point counts :shrug:

I find it really funny how we are all so sure that he will land his first attempted 4A and have trouble with the rest of the program afterwards. Our Yuzu really is a man of routines and predictable patterns :laughing:

I think 4Lo in the SP would be a pretty safe option, too. He said the toe, sal and loop are - I dunno how he put it, but basically, muscle memory for him and come back easily? He had a whole season of LGC with 4Lo in the SP, and Chopin in shows with 4Lo in it. Not putting it in would be a little regression. 

I think I'm going insane because now I think it would be smart to put the 4A in the SP, at least if it makes him bomb, it's only one-third of the whole thing he'd bomb. It would be radical but still makes sense to gamble with the SP and play it safe in the FS. Less risky from points and stamina perspective. If everybody makes an average number of mistakes, he can win after losing a combo on the SP if he has the perfect FS, but he can't win if he has the perfect SP and then more than one or two pops in the FS, not in a big competition with all the other quad jumpers. 

I'm with @WinForPooh for conspiracy theory for the SP:laughing: I don't care it would make an otherwise (likely)stable SP risky, I just can't wrap my head around how insane it would be to add a Nessie to an already terrifying FS:tumblr_inline_ncmifdw7151rpglid: 

I'm telling you, ISU removed the required step before solo jump for a reason:P imagine if Zu had that power:xD:

tho if he has too many crazy steps before his solo quad (who am I kidding, no 'if' there!) then no, he didn't use his dark powers to bend ISu to his plans... 4S will stay or maybe will be upgraded at 4Lo later in the season (I wonder, even if his 4Lo is back, if it would still be too much of a burden for his ankle to go for two 4Lo at the moment...idk if he'd really keep 4S only for 'strategy', he refused to do that last season, when he had so much more at stake...or maybe it is precaution, but to not risk his ankle, more than to not fall behind in the SP...)

anyway, I'm a bit surprised at how many satellites are betting on a 4A debut at earlier events...considering we know for sure that his ankle isn't really really really at its pre-injury status yet, and that Yuzu barely had a couple months of serious training and he had to get back 4Lo and do his two new programs and get used to the shorter FS time... and that he admitted he can't train that jump everyday... and that he usually improves his stamina later in the season and we don't even know if he'll even have enough energy to complete his 'easier' layout decently in these first months, nevermind to go for 4A...

I mean, yeah, Yuzu is crazy and unpredictable, but not that crazy... and 4A is 4A. It just feels so impossible to me, too many elements point towards a debut later in the season at the earliest (and only if Yuzu stays in perfect health all this time):tumblr_m9gck4P2Jf1qzckow:

31 minutes ago, LadyLou said:

I'm with @WinForPooh for conspiracy theory for the SP:laughing: I don't care it would make an otherwise (likely)stable SP risky, I just can't wrap my head around how insane it would be to add a Nessie to an already terrifying FS:tumblr_inline_ncmifdw7151rpglid: 

I'm telling you, ISU removed the required step before solo jump for a reason:P imagine if Zu had that power:xD:

tho if he has too many crazy steps before his solo quad (who am I kidding, no 'if' there!) then no, he didn't use his dark powers to bend ISu to his plans... 4S will stay or maybe will be upgraded at 4Lo later in the season (I wonder, even if his 4Lo is back, if it would still be too much of a burden for his ankle to go for two 4Lo at the moment...idk if he'd really keep 4S only for 'strategy', he refused to do that last season, when he had so much more at stake...or maybe it is precaution, but to not risk his ankle, more than to not fall behind in the SP...)

anyway, I'm a bit surprised at how many satellites are betting on a 4A debut at earlier events...considering we know for sure that his ankle isn't really really really at its pre-injury status yet, and that Yuzu barely had a couple months of serious training and he had to get back 4Lo and do his two new programs and get used to the shorter FS time... and that he admitted he can't train that jump everyday... and that he usually improves his stamina later in the season and we don't even know if he'll even have enough energy to complete his 'easier' layout decently in these first months, nevermind to go for 4A...

I mean, yeah, Yuzu is crazy and unpredictable, but not that crazy... and 4A is 4A. It just feels so impossible to me, too many elements point towards a debut later in the season at the earliest (and only if Yuzu stays in perfect health all this time):tumblr_m9gck4P2Jf1qzckow:

But he's a lying liar, you know. What if the 4A is actually more comfortable because landing doesn't hurt, it's picking that makes him uncomfortable? 

1 hour ago, WinForPooh said:

But he's a lying liar, you know. What if the 4A is actually more comfortable because landing doesn't hurt, it's picking that makes him uncomfortable? 

Possible, but I have in my eyes those super-saved landings that he had on other quads when they weren't polished yet and I go :tumblr_inline_mh8pweVDqw1qid2nw::59227c768286a__s::tumblr_inline_mn41rkfu9v1qz4rgp: 

those aren't good for any kind of ankle :13877886:

Yes, I worry, but I also want to see Nessie and he wants it so bad, ahhhh what to do, what to do? Conflicting feelings :14066882: