2018/19 Coaching changes

3 hours ago, Forcefield said:

I think Jason is also confirmed? Idk about this. I can't take three of the sunniest sunflowers together. It's too much cute!

https://mobile.twitter.com/icenetwork/status/1001560699540262912?s=20

Edit: But maybe summer camp only, based on wording.

He starts in the summer, it's not only for the summer.  He'd be working with Karen Preston and Lee Barkell primarily.  One plus side is a possible Yuzu mention in Jason fluff at US Nationals, hearing him say how awesome it is to train with the two time Olympic champion with maybe a quick clip or something:peekapooh:.  Leave me to my imagination, thank you. :P 

So my two cents: Jason Brown is a year older than Yuzu so there is less of a chance of him staying the whole quad. I think TCC taking on Boyang (assuming it is a switch not that hybrid situation) essentially guarantees that Brian/TCC have a contender for the 2022 OGM regardless of what Yuzu decides to do (i.e. skate for 1-2 more seasons or stay for 2022). If Yuzu does't stay, less of a chance of Brown doing so. Realistically speaking Brown is not a contender and unlikely to be 4 years from now. With the Boyang move, I see this as potentially less confidence that Cha will "survive" growth spurts and possible positioning of Stephen for 2026? Regarding the ladies - I think Lizbet will leave (she really hasn't progressed at TCC), I'm unsure about Gaby and how much longer she will stay - I think it depends on how she does this season as she's been fairly inconsistent and it's not like she is upgrading tech every season....Brian doesn't take on students that he doesn't think TCC can improve or has potential so he definitely sees that in Med. Risk / Reward is big with Med, if he is able to take her to a couple of WC and an OGM then he prestige for him/TCC will be HUGE. Even if she doesn't make 2022 but is able to get a few more GPF and/or WC it will still be huge for the club. I think personally he is a fan of Med - she may not be the most talented but of all his students (except maybe for Yuzu) she definitely has the strongest will/mentality. The mental part of sports is equally as hard or maybe even harder to train so she's got that side down. One thing he knows he's getting with Med is that she is NOT going to beating herself...

:rubeye:What? What's happening here? What?

The only solution I can think of is that TCC is expanding its team. What next? Raf to TCC?

I feel like Yuzu has no intention of staying at TCC for the next four years. A couple of years maybe - land the 4A, get it stable, set a couple of records with the new BV and SOV, win 4CC, Canadian gold, a fifth GPF and Worlds - at least some of those things. After that, even if he's up to skating on, I think he might go back to Japan. Another four years away from home? I don't think so, now.

That would mean, for the next quad, there could be two TCC contenders for 2022: Junhwan and Boyang. They must figure they can handle that.

Jason, too, will be there to do well for the next couple of seasons, and maybe get on the Olys team if the field allows him to do that. I don't know about US juniors, but... Krasnozhon and? Nate and Yale? If he stays fit and gets his jumps figured out, he could get on the team, maybe. Not direct competition to Junhwan or Boyang.

For the ladies, I suppose Lilbet or Gabby might leave. It's only Zhenya being added there. SO FAR.

HAAA I forgot Stephen. So has there been any insider tips about age limit coming in for 2022? Who knows, maybe there's more to that than we thought.

9 minutes ago, kaeryth said:

Jason's birthday is 15 December 1994. Yuzu is 7 December 1994.

Incidentally, Guillaume Cizeron is also a 1994 baby. :laughing:

Ok disregard the first sentence of my post then but everything else I stand by 😏

32 minutes ago, LucyH said:

Ok interesting... with the Med and Brown moves Brian posted about them on his FB page with a welcome to the team post but nothing for Boyang.  Does that mean anything? 

Maybe he waiting for Chinese federation to officially confirm it? 

4 minutes ago, Sammie said:

Maybe he waiting for Chinese federation to officially confirm it? 

Yeah could be but I thought I had heard that CSA doesn't normally do announcement of coaching changes or confirmations... just struck me as weird that's all... and kind of points me in the direction that maybe there is a bit of a hybrid coaching situation happening.. who knows...