2018/19 Coaching changes

13 minutes ago, astudyofmemory said:

I think having Zhenya there could be a great example to the other skaters about mental strength, and she could give them all a push in the right direction. Especially for someone like Gabby, who has struggles with staying consistent across competitions and is prone to bombing. Evgenia obviously has done SOMETHING to acquire the consistency she has now. She has said herself that she is not a natural jumper, after all. That's one of her greatest qualities and TCC could hugely benefit off of having her teach her philosophy to the other skaters, hehe

absolutely right. Yuzu's also complimented zhenya's ability to deliver consistently under any circumstances before iirc and we know from the new ice jewels interview that that's a chief concern of his, and something I think TCC would definitely be interested in bringing in. 

9 minutes ago, Gaby said:

To say I'm surprised is a bit  of  an understatement .  But at  the same time I'm so chill  that it surprises   myself even more . IDK why but I have  this  nagging suspicion that  Med  has made  this  move  having  a  clear  strategy  in her  mind  , and  nothing  of  it was spontaneous . I'm thrilled  to  see how  she  will develop from now  on.  

I think she definitely has, it's played out very well as @Yatagarasu said (and frankly I'm shocked because even the gossipy FS circles didn't have BOrser's name on the radar though there were rumours about a split with Eteri). for an eighteen-year-old (who's clearly found a good team to help her), that's truly quite impressive. I'm living for her cryptic tweeting today too. 

1 minute ago, Gaby said:

Speaking  of the alleged switch  to Brain:  has  any Russian  top -single skater ever  been coached  by a non- Russian coach ?         I  don't recall any.

Well... depends on the definition of a Russian lol 

Is Eteri Russian? Is Arutyunyan Russian? 

Regarding Zhenya being very consistent, isn't it easier to be consistently landing your jumps if the jumps are smaller, prerotated and muscled? If Yuzu prerotates his triple axel, he would already have landed a quad axel.

1 hour ago, Fay said:

Well... depends on the definition of a Russian lol 

Is Eteri Russian? Is Arutyunyan Russian? 

I mean Russian citizen . Or,  more  precisely , former  USSR  like Raf  or Russian current citizen. To me  Eteri is  definitely a  Russian  coach. I 'm sorry  I  wasn't clear 

1 minute ago, Gaby said:

I mean Russian citizen . Or,  more  precisely , former  USSr  like Raf  or Russian current citizen. To me  Etreri is  def a  Russian  coach. I 'm sorry  I  wasn't clear 

Then no, Russian skaters haven’t really trained with any foreign coaches. They trained with some who stayed in the US...

3 minutes ago, Huiqi said:

Regarding Zhenya being very consistent, isn't it easier to be consistently landing your jumps if the jumps are smaller, prerotated and muscled? If Yuzu prerotates his triple axel, he would already have landed a quad axel.

He’d ruin his technique in doing that. There isn’t that much prerotation on axel anyway, I think. 

1 hour ago, Fay said:

Then no, Russian skaters haven’t really trained with any foreign coaches. They trained with some who stayed in the US...

My memory  does not  play  tricks on me  then. Well , Evgenia  could  be  the first  one. But  I'm having   hard  time  believing  the  RusFed  would be  willing  to  pay  for her  training  under  a foreign  coach. I wonder  how  she  figures it  out.  

1 minute ago, Gaby said:

My memory  does not  play  trick on me  then. Well , Evgenia  could  be  the first  one. But  I'm having   hard  time  believing  the  RusFed  would be  willing  to  pay  for her  training  under  a foreign  coach. I wonder  how  she  figures it  out.  

join yuzu at Ana ?

6 minutes ago, Fay said:

ID guys, who were they with? I've got everything smushed tbh by now :laughing:

4 minutes ago, MrPudding said:

The way it's framed it sounds like she is moving out of weakness, but I do understand. It must be hard to have to constantly be at your best because your biggest competitors are watching all the time. You know they take motivation in your failures. You know they are secretly noting and copying your best moves. Even if some of those girls leave, another one will replace her. I remember someone mentioned that TCC is a private club and no one will post on instagram if you have a meltdown run-through one day. The mental comfort will be very important.

OTOH maybe that's why she's so mentally strong...but maybe that won't change when she moves, and she can work on other things rather than being reminded that her clock is ticking at every moment.

4 minutes ago, Yatagarasu said:

ID guys, who were they with? I've got everything smushed tbh by now :laughing:

People like Zoueva? Or Tarasova, while she still lived in the US?