2018/19 Coaching changes

4 minutes ago, WinForPooh said:

Says Brian said they'd be giving the direction and guidance they gave Javi. 

That has to mean Brian and Tracy will be training him. 

I'm still wating for fed's statement :biggrin: its a bit weird that its not the first source for this kind of info. But IFS is quite reliable so yeah 

1 minute ago, Katt said:

I'm still wating for fed's statement :biggrin: its a bit weird that its not the first source for this kind of info. But IFS is quite reliable so yeah 

I'm assuming it's a collaboration, actually. More of a hybrid team, than just moving to TCC with Orser as a permanent coach. But Orser will certainly be a part of the team, it seems.

Just now, WinForPooh said:

I'm beginning to feel like a degree in international relations is necessary to understand skating feds, tbh. And political science too, possibly.

Or watching GoT ;)

2 minutes ago, hoodie axel said:

I'm assuming it's a collaboration, actually. More of a hybrid team, than just moving to TCC with Orser as a permanent coach. But Orser will certainly be a part of the team, it seems.

Yeah i noticed they state boyang join the team not "moving to toronto" like Evgenia's. Anyway, i hope to hear from chinese fed soon 

Just now, Katt said:

Yeah i noticed they state boyang join the team not "moving to toronto" like Evgenia's. Anyway, i hope to hear from chinese fed soon 

hmmm.. yeah that seems a bit odd. Plus with the Evgenia move, we got confirmation from RusFed and then interview with Brian but maybe because it was a much higher profile move with all that business with Eteri... I hope it means he's relocating to Toronto to train permanently at TCC 

*Screams in joy* Now Boyangman and Zuzu become rinkmates, this is Christmas coming early for me!!:tumblr_inline_n18qr5lPWB1qid2nw::10742288::tumblr_inline_n18qr5lPWB1qid2nw::tumblr_inline_ncmifiE3IT1rpglid:

Good job BOrser for collecting them, im not sure how his hair would fare until Gogolev turns senior tho....

Boyang is so underappreciated, if they can polish his ss skill and artistry it would be another perfection :tumblr_inline_n18qr5lPWB1qid2nw: (and Zuzu got another friend beside Javi there, so yay! Zuzu boy needs to have more fun and Boyang's such a ray of sunshine to brighten gloomy days )

So choreo-wise, Wilson for Evgenia and Nichol for Boyang?:4: Ahh, cant wait for future seasons! ( stil dreading Isu rule changes but good news are good news!)

This is also a good move for TCC and Brian too. I remember reading somewhere that Brian is a very ambitious coach so I'm sure at the back of his mind is the that Yuzu may only skate for 1 or 2 more seasons (unless he decides later on that he wants to go for a 3rd OGM - which I'm hoping he does BTW) so developing Boyang for 2022 works in both scenarios. Boyang with better SS and PCS would be a threat for a 2022 Olympic medal if Yuzu is going for a 3rd OGM and if he isn't then Boyang would be a threat for OGM in Beijing along with Stephen G.  Then he's got Gaby and Evgenia for the ladies

26 minutes ago, LucyH said:

This is also a good move for TCC and Brian too. I remember reading somewhere that Brian is a very ambitious coach so I'm sure at the back of his mind is the that Yuzu may only skate for 1 or 2 more seasons (unless he decides later on that he wants to go for a 3rd OGM - which I'm hoping he does BTW) so developing Boyang for 2022 works in both scenarios. Boyang with better SS and PCS would be a threat for a 2022 Olympic medal if Yuzu is going for a 3rd OGM and if he isn't then Boyang would be a threat for OGM in Beijing along with Stephen G.  Then he's got Gaby and Evgenia for the ladies

This. And Brian has always stated that he wanted to reinvigorate TCC, making it a skating club with lots of top International talent. Getting Boyang and Evgenia must be a dream come true for him and team. If they can coach them to success that is similar to what Yuzuru, Javi and Yuna accomplished under their tutelage the club will gain even more prestige and thus more top talent, and will likely go down as one of the best figure skating training centers in history. 

4 hours ago, Katt said:

Uhm, it doesnt say a coaching change or fully transfer. I'm waiting for chinese fed's statement. 

Wait for the season to start. If CSA doesn't go out and deny it publicly, it's pretty much a confirmation. CSA usually doesn't say anything, like W/L in Montreal I don't think was even announced in China. Pretty much that statement that Zhao made at the start, laid out CSA's plans. If it happens then just take that 1 statement as Zhao giving us confirmation.

18 minutes ago, Xen said:

Wait for the season to start. If CSA doesn't go out and deny it publicly, it's pretty much a confirmation. CSA usually doesn't say anything, like W/L in Montreal I don't think was even announced in China. Pretty much that statement that Zhao made at the start, laid out CSA's plans. If it happens then just take that 1 statement as Zhao giving us confirmation.

Yeah, Boyang will do The ice so I'm sure Japanese media will ask him about it. What I found a bit odd is their wording, "join the team"/"permanent arrangement" instead of coach change or moving to toronto. From the statement, it looks like IFS has the info from Brian so its not a lost in translation. Whatever, I still hope we get confirmation soon. 

22 minutes ago, Katt said:

Yeah, Boyang will do The ice so I'm sure Japanese media will ask him about it. What I found a bit odd is their wording, "join the team"/"permanent arrangement" instead of coach change or moving to toronto. From the statement, it looks like IFS has the info from Brian so its not a lost in translation. Whatever, I still hope we get confirmation soon. 

Well the english sounds like a coaching change. Unless you think there is a possibility that the chinese coach joins TCC, which I find a bit harder to believe.