Team Canada

19 hours ago, Pink Elephants said:

Thank you for the links @Anni :thanks:  I had no idea Bruce Waddell still competed in singles (assuming it's the same guy lol), Daleman is also entered, hopefully she has a better skate than Acl. Will also be cheering for Circelli, I really grew to like him this year!

(Also, off topic, but I noticed Shingo and Ayumi will also be competing here, :tumblr_inline_n2pje2YFXq1qdlkyg:so best of luck to them too!)

Yes, he is the same. :grin: 

I missed the woman. According to the result page Gabby Daleman finished the competition with the 2. place.

By the way Corey has withdrawn. I hope he is ok. :smiley-angelic001:

3 hours ago, Anni said:

Yes, he is the same. :grin: 

I missed the woman. According to the result page Gabby Daleman finished the competition with the 2. place.

By the way Corey has withdrawn. I hope he is ok. :smiley-angelic001:

Haha, thanks! That's pretty cool :D especially since dance and singles are so different.

I hope Corey is okay but also happy for Gabby... even though she is not at her best yet I have such soft spot for her :)

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/17/2021 at 5:40 AM, Melodie said:

It's rumored that Stephen Gogolev has left Raf and come back to Canada to train in person with Lee Barkell 👀

He's scheduled to compete soon so we will see. 

It was a poor idea to go to Raf to begin with.  Glad he's returned.  

Messing, who will also compete at a Grand Prix event in France, alluded to the possibility of retirement from competition after this season, which he hopes will end with appearances at the Olympics and world championships. He credited his wife Lane Hodson for taking on most parenting duties — their son Wyatt was born in July — allowing Messing to get ready for what could be his swan song. Maybe this is my last season or maybe I have one more in me. She understands the sacrifice it takes to stay in the sport, as hard as it is.”

Presenting the Beijing 2022 collection from Team Canada 🇨🇦

From Nam's Instagram

Guest turquoiseblue

New pairs team James, Radford hope for more improvement at Skate Canada International

"I think there's definitely moments we're like, 'Oh my god. Why are we doing this?'" Radford said ahead of this week's Skate Canada International in Vancouver. "I think it's an uncomfortable feeling before a competition, like there's no easy way to go out there, and there's especially no easy way to do a long program.

"So, I think that there are those very short moments where we're like, why are we doing this to ourselves?"

"After Autumn Classic, I really asked myself like, 'Whyyy?" James said with a laugh. "But after Finlandia, we know why, and everything feels great in skating with each other. I think it's just going to keep feeling better and better."

They weren't prepared, however, for the ugly backlash they received on social media when they announced their partnership last spring.

James said it doesn't spoil their story.

"People can think or say what they want," she said. "We're doing this because we want to and we love it, and we thought it's a great opportunity for us to continue doing what we love. And together it’s a beautiful story — coming together against all odds, with the timing and with our age, and after being off for a long time.

"We know we have stiff competition, but at the end of the day, we've been very successful in our careers and this is just the cherry on the cake, if we get an Olympic medal."

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/11/2021 at 8:24 PM, Anni said:

New video from Roman

He also talks briefly about Yuzu and his media days  :happy:

To be honest as a "new" Fanyu I have never witnessed a media day :dry:

I wish Roman Good luck for the Rostelecom Cup in two weeks.:2thumbsup:

I hope he will have a great skate at Rostelcome, we know you can do it Roman!!! Stay positive, fighting.

Is the media day video out somewhere?

1 hour ago, Faithyu said:

I hope he will have a great skate at Rostelcome, we know you can do it Roman!!! Stay positive, fighting.

Is the media day video out somewhere?

Yes, I keep my fingers crossed for him :2thumbsup:
Unfortunately I have not yet seen a video from the media day on twitter or instagram. But if I find something, I will post it here. 

21 hours ago, rockstaryuzu said:

And now for something completely different...

Thank you for sharing.

Roman's comment under the video:

As of right now, it seems the music video will be live on my channel this coming Friday! (NOV 19) STAY TUNED!!! :)

I'm very curious about the video :happydance:

1 hour ago, rockstaryuzu said:

So here is the music video Roman shot. The singer is Roman's friend Toy Noah, who also skates and currently works for Disney On Ice:

Both the video and the song are much higher quality than I was expecting.  

This is so well made, he did an amazing job and his friends with the song/singing/production as well.

Really cool that Roman could try something like this, think he can and should be proud of it.

@rockstaryuzu  Did you also get a little "I need U" MV vibes at 1:25 ;)