1 hour ago, SparkleSalad said:

I knooooow! >_< I retweeted and Jason gave me a likey heart. My first famous person likey heart! I feel so blessed with cute happy smiles. (I'm just a naive Twitter baby.)

Ha, me too! I think he's doing it all the time lately. My friend RT'd his snippet of his video in Japanese and got one. #blessed

Guest turquoiseblue

Shibutanis hope "Paradise" paves the way to gold

Fix You, Evolution…Paradise.

The idea for Maia Shibutani and Alex Shibutani's free dance this Olympic season, set to Coldplay's 2011 single "Paradise," began taking shape two seasons ago, when the siblings reignited their career with another Coldplay song, "Fix You."

But it's been gestating for nearly two decades, ever since Maia took the ice at age 4, inspired by visions of Kristi Yamaguchi, Michelle Kwan and the Olympic rings.

When she was just a girl, she expected the world
But it flew away from her reach
So she ran away in her sleep and dreamed of paradise

"We connect to those lyrics so well," Alex said. "Maia started skating first; it was her dream. Then it became both of our dreams, something we could do together. And if you've followed our career, you know things flew away from our reach at a point. There were trials and tribulations and gut-check moments where you have to continue to dream."

"The song is something we feel in a layered, personal way," Maia said. "It's allowed us to find new ways to share who we are as people. To reach the point we're at, it wouldn't have been possible if we didn't believe in ourselves."

On 18.10.2017 at 6:34 AM, SparkleSalad said:

He really seems like the kind of guy who wouldn't stop until everyone has a likely heart. :tumblr_inline_mi7tcqZmot1qdlkyg:

Jason is really easily approachable ❤️ and he gives out hearts like candies :laughing: Karen also is liking every nice tweet about her, which makes her super adorable in my books! Wakaba also surprised me by liking a tweet of mine <3 they seem to be such nice people who really enjoy interacting with their fans:smiley-love017:

39 minutes ago, Eclair said:

Jason is really easily approachable ❤️ and he gives out hearts like candies :laughing: Karen also is liking every nice tweet about her, which makes her super adorable in my books! Wakaba also surprised me by liking a tweet of mine <3 they seem to be such nice people who really enjoy interacting with their fans:smiley-love017:

:eek: Wakaba... my tiny hero! I need wakacandies!