• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
2 hours ago, Faithyu said:

:tumblr_inline_mg16go8gBg1qdlkyg:. I love on ice perspective....and Jason of course😊.

Wait....is this the right place to post it, because he is not active this season?

I believe he's planning on participating in the nationals! (And possibly Worlds, if given the chance).

Edit, you can read more about it here:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/olympics.nbcsports.com/2022/11/17/figure-skating-jason-brown-return-2023/amp/

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

I did not wake up to see the rising star of USFS still casually making offensive comments after all that he said moons ago and passing them off as some sort of joke and teenage mishaps. 

Everyone makes mistakes, but if he makes the same type of mistakes more than once then he has some serious self-reflection and public apology to issue.  

From Nate to I**a, USFS sure knows how to pick the right one to politick for. 

PS: And he said something annoying about Yuzu too. Boy...

Ha, I was wondering if the Ilia thing was going to reach this space (it's been trending on my Twitter since last night). It's probably not worth getting into but some quick thoughts:

What Ilia said was homophobic, no question, his apology was horrid (he's 18 and has been surrounded by LGBTQ+ skaters for years and should absolutely know better), his mention of Yuzu was absolutely unnecessary, and he needs serious PR training or needs to quit social media.  His likes on Twitter and blocking people on Instagram do not present a good image at all. 

Even more surprising to me, is how even on the figure skating reddit people aren't defending him and expressing disappointment. This 18 year old either needs to show some real maturity or put out a sincere apology very soon or he's done amongst skating fans. Alysa knew what kind of person he was and him using an image of himself with Jason in the aftermath is a really weak move.  

4 hours ago, rockstaryuzu said:

... you guys are making me kind of glad I got suspended from Twitter tbh...not sure I want to know what this latest brouhaha is all about😬

Well, if you ever find me agreeing with TSL about how bad the whole thing was… then it was dire. And I did agree with TSL, gosh. 

There is a certain breed of US athlete - I won’t use the word ‘sportsman’- one sees it in gymnastics, swimming and I’m sure many other sports that I haven’t watched.  It crops up in FS too - Lysacek was the last full on example I think.  It’s a pity that they stick in the mind more than the Jeremy Abbots and the Jason Browns 

6 hours ago, rockstaryuzu said:

:ohno: that bad, huh.... yikes

Long story short, the lad recently said something homophobic and proceeded to throw out some half-assed non-apology apology. The catch? He used to post some racist stuff on social media a couple of years ago. 

I don't mind if he boasts about his jumps or whatever, but those stuff? Not a good thing in my book. The kid's behaviors really make me wonder about the environment in which in he trains and grows. 

The fact that he tried to jab at Yuzu doesn't help. Why can't people let him enjoy his pro days in peace I do wonder. 

25 minutes ago, Melodie said:

Long story short, the lad recently said something homophobic and proceeded to throw out some half-assed non-apology apology. The catch? He used to post some racist stuff on social media a couple of years ago. 

I don't mind if he boasts about his jumps or whatever, but those stuff? Not a good thing in my book. The kid's behaviors really make me wonder about the environment in which in he trains and grows. 

The fact that he tried to jab at Yuzu doesn't help. Why can't people let him enjoy his pro days in peace I do wonder. 

Thanks for the explanation. I'll say it again, :ohno:. You'd think USFSA would have the good sense to tell their skaters what not to put on social media, at the very least. At this point, the wounds are self-inflicted. 

47 minutes ago, rockstaryuzu said:

Thanks for the explanation. I'll say it again, :ohno:. You'd think USFSA would have the good sense to tell their skaters what not to put on social media, at the very least. At this point, the wounds are self-inflicted. 

Yup! Anyway, I guess it does have to do with perspectives because still I see people thinking it's OK (Eg: "He is only 18, give him a break", "he is just being brutally honest," "I'm gay, I don't find this offensive at all", "it's OK, we love you", "it's a joke" kind of thing).

But, I do wonder, where were Ari and his parents when he said all these? At least Nate had some IMG guys to cover up his a** nicely. 

Also, let's sleep on this for now, lest we feel weird about the whole thing LOL.