Team Russia

1 minute ago, Deliverpooh said:

I think they imagined the GP to be very different, with lots more fun together. Hopefully, it will be like that at the Olympics

Haven't we all! Sigh, everything crossed that it all pays off in the end. 

And Mika is the best BY ever :laughing:

22 minutes ago, MrPudding said:

What is this i see

What.

19 minutes ago, MrPudding said:

Why is her situation similar to Yuzu's.

What is this with the WC, WR holder and the fav for Gold for Olys :tumblr_inline_ncmif7esGm1rpglid:

Man skating gods is making things equal for both of them.. they better get what they deserve at Olys 

I am actually wondering the same thing! Why skating gods!! I cannot with this anymore!! :tumblr_inline_mzx922J8H21r8msi5:

Tbh I was surprised by the article yesterday saying she’d be ready to compete by Nats because I thought a bone fracture would take longer to heal than ligament damage (non-tears or light tears) but can I kindly Nope out of any further bad news...... :13877886: sadly, the time is ripe for people to exploit the injured athletes for news and Zhenya and Yuzu are in a similar situation so... best to just wait until her team personally shares any news

21 minutes ago, MrPudding said:

But will she go to nationals then.. does she also have a 'free pass' like Yuzu?

She is 2-time GPF, Russian, European and World Champion, she made it to GPF this cursed season, she's just injured that's why she didn't participate, they made her talk in the IOC meeting while she can just rest at home. I hope they have the "sense of payment" so to speak. I think also, even without that, she deserves it! 

31 минуту назад, MrPudding сказал:

But will she go to nationals then.. does she also have a 'free pass' like Yuzu?

If I'm not wrong the 3rd pass (for WC at least) is usually decided by coaching council and there're still Eropeans so they can make final decision after that. But I think her place is safe and wouldn't trust contradictory info now.

13 minutes ago, Lunna said:

If I'm not wrong the 3rd pass (for WC at least) is usually decided by coaching council and there're still Eropeans so they can make final decision after that. But I think her place is safe and wouldn't trust contradictory info now.

It would be weird if she's capable of going to not send her...this season so far really feels like 05/06 cycle,  where GPF really did not reflect the results at Olys. And then, ladies' side the gold and silver medalists in 06 didn't go to GPF.  Hope  Evgenia heals well, and slays in PC.

I sure hope Russia doesn't wait to make their team choices until after Europeans because they do have to get their athletes veto-ed by whatever committee IOC will have to analyze Russian athletes wanting to compete as OAR.