Team Russia

4 hours ago, Fay said:

That's the tune we hear day and night from everyone. TAT, Plush and everyone else... 

Admittedly the Russian skaters are not top level right now in men's singles. Still, it's a bit harsh to talk about them that way. They're really not  sugarcoating anything lol. They must all be thinking back to the good ol' days of Plushy vs Yagudin...

7 hours ago, Yatagarasu said:

Zhenya's SP layout - all jumps in the 2nd half. FP - 2A//everything else. The jumps/combinations are the same as the previous season. 

Tomorrow starts at 3PM Moscow time and Sunday at 2PM! Almost there!

OK, people will let us have reports and videos, I hope. 

1 minute ago, xeyra said:

Jackie Wong reporting some people are out of the test skates this weekend... Anyone can confirm?

Kovtun certainly. Haven't heard about Pogo - ok, off to research it now... 

Leonova's off for health reasons. Haven't found anything about POGO - there were some pictures of hers doing the practice 

SK are off. Injuries, I guess. 

1 minute ago, Fay said:

Kovtun certainly. Haven't heard about Pogo - ok, off to research it now... 

Leonova's off for health reasons. Haven't found anything about POGO - there were some pictures of hers doing the practice 

SK are off. Injuries, I guess. 

Why is he reporting Anna is out then? People asked him on twitter but he hasn't replied. Hope everything is okay with her and he's just mistaken.  

Just now, xeyra said:

Why is he reporting Anna is out then? People asked him on twitter but he hasn't replied. Hope everything is okay with her and he's just mistaken.  

Because she isn't listed among the girls performing tomorrow. But let's hope it's just a mistake... 

that's her at the practice 

21435938_171139070125868_126540376892139

1 minute ago, liv said:

Very interested to see/hear how the Russian skates go... wanna know Med's free music... and whether Tat's ecstasy is justified or just hyping the champ...

Zhenya gave an interview which sorta baffled me. But I hope for no mimeography.... or excess of it. 

2 minutes ago, Fay said:

Zhenya gave an interview which sorta baffled me. But I hope for no mimeography.... or excess of it. 

What did she say? All her GS fanfest said about it is that her SP is about feelings and the purity of the soul whereas the FS is about believing in something. 

2 minutes ago, xeyra said:

What did she say? All her GS fanfest said about it is that her SP is about feelings and the purity of the soul whereas the FS is about believing in something. 

Yeah, something of the kind. I'm just wondering what it translates into on the ice... she also said her programs aren't that much of a departure from what she has been doing until now. 

1 minute ago, Fay said:

Yeah, something of the kind. I'm just wondering what it translates into on the ice... she also said her programs aren't that much of a departure from what she has been doing until now. 

I'm expecting a white dress for the SP now. You gotta be literal with the purity image. :biggrin: 

12 hours ago, Yatagarasu said:

Zhenya's SP layout - all jumps in the 2nd half. FP - 2A//everything else. The jumps/combinations are the same as the previous season. 

Tomorrow starts at 3PM Moscow time and Sunday at 2PM! Almost there!

I wonder what the betting odds for Evgenia would be come the Olympics. Because I've never seen betting odds better than around ~1:1 for figure skating and that would be severely undervalued.