August 28, 20179 yr 29 minutes ago, Yatagarasu said: I was absolutely certain this would happen really soon, so I am not surprised in the least. In a way, I feel like it's perhaps the end of a very bad time for her, finally, and yes, perhaps quitting skating all together is what is necessary for her to truly shake off the shadows of the past that obviously continued to haunt her. I am sadder than I thought I'd be, as I figured I'd made peace with it, but I guess not because I can't stop thinking how much we lost because she was never allowed, and I do think that's the right word, to become a fully mature skater. But ultimately, sod that. Be happy Yulia, fly high! Exactly. In her last season's lovely lyrical SP I thought I saw a new Yulia break out and win our hearts again, but fate wouldn't have it. Wishing nothing but health and happiness in whatever she chooses to do from now on! The national and international response to her retirement is astounding!
August 28, 20179 yr ah, this is so sad i hope that her recovery goes well, and that she's successful in whatever she decides to do next she's so talented, and she'll always be remembered for her beautiful performances. i was wishing she'd break out and make an astounding comeback this season, but her health and wellbeing is so much more important thank you, yulia!
August 28, 20179 yr It's so sad when athlete is leaving sport too early and /or because of health. I hope she will find something she will love even more than skating and she will be healthy.
August 29, 20179 yr Can't say I'm surprised, but at the same time I was hopeful she'd stage an epic comeback. Shame to see another talented skater gone to health problems Anyway, hope she's happier now, she deserves that much after all the sh*t she went through. Godspeed Yulia.
August 29, 20179 yr Yesterday I didn't know what to say because I was too sad. Today I just wish that she can finally find her own happiness and peace far from all the media and journalists. This illness is very serious and I'm happy that she has all the support and help needed. She already gave so much to her fans and country. Now it's time to concentrate on her own life and health. Stay strong, Yulia!
August 30, 20179 yr Author I find it hilarious Zhenya had to post on her insta story that no, she did not in fact have a hair cut, and her hair is even longer And Alina is so cute!
August 30, 20179 yr Alena Kostornaya from Tutberidze team just won the Moscow Open Junior Championships. SP FS
August 31, 20179 yr Author On 8/30/2017 at 8:59 PM, Hannah said: Alena Kostornaya from Tutberidze team just won the Moscow Open Junior Championships. This is the same competition where Plushenko had his first students appear, right? I saw the vids on his insta. Not a bad start for him either!
Create an account or sign in to comment