Team Russia

Guest turquoiseblue

Alexei Mishin: A new era of figure skating begins and it will be interesting

Liza’s axel ”breathes” positively, I think and I hope that she will show a real, clean triple axle at the test skates, it’s on plans. A new era of figure skating begins and it will be interesting.

In the summer we worked productively, both programs are ready and they, in my opinion, are very successful and suit well the individual characteristics of the athlete. Short program – tango, and the free program is to “old fashion music”, Lisa is a happy woman of the 1920th, a girl turning into adult, pleased with herself, who broke a countless amount of men’s hearts.

6 hours ago, turquoiseblue said:

I just don't understand why we need Trusova and Gogolev doing multiple quads at 13 or 14 or whatever the heck their ages are. Should the goal not be getting to seniors and have a fruitful and long career in the sport. When you hear of former skaters (who were only doing triples) having hip surgeries at 17 or 20 - is this not a warning sign to the coaches? I don't know about others but I'm not into watching children do quads. That'll be a hard pass for me... It'd be nice if skaters (I'm talking specifically the ladies here because in the men's discipline it's a little better) actually stuck around vs. one and done seasons... Legacy in sport is to me just as important as short term wins when considering individual athletic greatness. Who am I going to remember and think OMG that was a great figure skater, is it going to Kostner or a junior who landed 3 quads (who hopefully will make it to seniors but who knows...). I'm all for athletic advancement but why so many quads when you know that even triples cause damage to the body especially in young bodies? Why would you not train one quad with QUALITY and work on others as the body develops and matures. This goes for both girls and boys. 

1 hour ago, monchan said:

How the hell do they send 2 Alena K to the same event (JGP Linz) :knc_brian3: I would very much mess up their names when watching next week :Poohgaveup:

Well originally it was Gubanova's spot..i address Junior russian ladies by their last name because almost all of them have the same name? So many Annas Alenas and Anastasyas this year ha ha :xD: