Team Russia

And then there is this moron.

Interviews with Zhulin - His opinions on Timothy LeDuc, who will become the first non-binary skater to compete at the Olys

Some notable quotes:

In what category will he perform – men or women? In a pair with a woman? He will skate as a man. And initially he was a man.

How do I feel about this? Oh, yes, I don’t want to comment on these freaks, I don’t want, I don’t want.

Meagan Duhamel condemned the statements of Zhulin, who called American figure skater Timothy LeDuc a freak, who will become the first non-binary athlete at the Beijing Olympics.
Meagan’s quote: “How is this acceptable?? Why are we, in the sport of figure skating, accepting such outrageous and disgusting comments. I hope @ISU_Figure will do something to put an end to this!!”, – wrote the Canadian figure skater on Twitter.

“I don’t even want to comment on Duhamel’s words in any way and, in principle, to react somehow on this topic. I have already regretted that I had said all this, because there are a lot of idiots in our world. They wrote such things about me that you couldn’t think of anything better. And I’m not going to apologize for my words”, – Zhulin said in an interview with Sport24

Links:

https://twitter.com/fs_gossips/status/1481301825479397377?s=20

https://twitter.com/fs_gossips/status/1480847742763249665?s=20

Guest turquoiseblue

Tatiana Tarasova on Timothy LeDuc being the first non-binar athlete at the Winter Olympics: “People are different. Such people also have a right to be an Olympian.”

People are different, he is human and was born that way. Such people want to show that they also have the right to be an Olympian. We should not be against.

One person will not become a threat to the Olympic Movement. Cross yourself. I believe that every person born on earth has the right to do what he wants.

Guest turquoiseblue

Interview with Svetlana Sokolovskaya, coach of Mark Kondratiuk:

Svetlana Sokolovskaya about Mark Kondratiuk: “He’s lazy, but he has a special laziness. He knows when to stop. This helps him a lot. Being a lazy person is generally a big advantage.”

Svetlana Sokolovskaya: I think he has a lot of strengths. He is inquisitive. He’s lazy.

Have you just named a positive quality?

Svetlana Sokolovskaya: Certainly. In a good sense of the word, being a lazy person is generally a big advantage. I’m coming to this with experience.

Why is this a positive quality?

Svetlana Sokolovskaya: The human knows his body better – when to strain, and when to let go. But he certainly doesn’t lie all day, not at all. He studies, reads, everything is interesting to him. He has a special laziness, specific. He knows when to stop himself. This helps him a lot.

He is also very open … as it seems to everyone. But in fact, Mark is mind on his own(laughs). He is a very versatile person. And I’m very happy that I have such guys.

Last night he came to my room and gave me his small gold medal. And I thanked him very much. Sasha (Samarin) made me a “silver” coach, and Mark made me “gold”. I’m so glad that they communicate, sincerely congratulate each other. They are two completely different people. And both are completely my people.

Mark and I then talked a little, and I told him “Can you imagine, it’s our ninth year with you.” I wasn’t wrong. He didn’t leave. I didn’t kick him out, I endured. And he endured. We went through a lot with him – and here is this medal …

You know, I’m very grateful to his parents. I just love his grandmother. They believed in me as a coach. That’s how it happened. This, of course, is only a small step, we still have to work and work. But today I’m very happy for this small step. Although there are still a lot of these steps…

God bless him for all this. He has a lot of desire, but it is necessary that his health does not let him down. He has a lot to do. Now it’s just a pinch of happiness. And I want more (laughs).

Do you think Mark has the opportunity to become a great skater? Truly great.

Svetlana Sokolovskaya: Great … Great – it’s completely different for me. Great is a doctor who saves lives. An inventor, a rocket scientist… Someone big, not an athlete. I don’t want to offend anyone, but personally I think so. Mark has the potential and desire to develop.

Of course, all skaters want gold, even if they don’t talk about it. But I would like him to be remembered by people. Like Alexei Yagudin, Evgeni Plushenko, Yuzuru Hanyu. Like Bestemianova/Bukin, Rodnina/Zaitsev. These are names for life! If Mark continues to develop, he has the opportunity to remain in the memory of people for many, many decades.

I remember once talking with Mark, and he told me this phrase: “You know, I’m very afraid of being arrogant. This is my biggest fear in life.”

Svetlana Sokolovskaya: And he is generally very shy of his great opportunities. When he won Nationals, I told him: “Why are you ashamed of your victory?” We are all very friendly – Sasha, Dima (Aliev), Makar (Ignatov). He is the youngest of them all. And how it happened, as if something did not work out for the older brothers and he climbed across them.

And he took it all with such a face, like “guys, but it’s not my fault!” (Laughs.) And I told him: “They are fine with this! Everyone is happy for you, congratulations, everyone wrote you words of support.” But he still has this sense of modesty. And this is good. I like it in him. Because if I see at least a little bit of arrogance in him, I will immediately put him in his place (laughs).

But I don’t think that it will happen. He has a very good family, and he himself is very conscious. We have repeatedly talked about this, and I told him that sport is such a short period … Someone, for example, studies. He also entered the Plekhanov university, he studies very hard. I strongly support this.

But at the same time, someone doesn’t have the opportunity to do anything other than study. And he (Mark) goes to competitions, performs somewhere. His parents gave him that chance. This time is short, and you need to make the most of it. At 30, you won’t be skating anymore.

You mentioned that both Mark and Sasha Samarin are your people. What does a person feel when one of “his” people went up sharply, and the other seemed to slow down?

Svetlana Sokolovskaya: Now I realized that it used to be more comfortable for me. Sasha is still a little older, and Mark followed him. And after Russian Nationals I seemed to be divided in two. One half is “wow!”, and in the second half – the heart hurts. It is not easy.

It’s good that I have guys like them. The most surprising thing is that Sasha is actually sincerely happy for Mark. I know Sasha very well – if he is upset, he cannot hide it. But he sincerely hugged us then and said: “Well, if not me, so at least a small one pulled us out.”

And Mark answered: “Sorry, I outskated you” (laughs). It was very, very sencire. But for me, of course, it’s not easy.

7 minutes ago, NILI N said:

can someone please explain to me the PC scoring

i mean, why do women [and i mean mainly the top russians] who quad n trixel never get more than 75, whereas men, for less get higher scores.

For free skate, women's are multiplied by the factor of 1.60, while men by 2.00. So the max total for women would be 1.6x(10x5)=80, while men would ofc be 100.

In SP, it's 0.80 for women and 1.00 for men. Max total for women is 40, and 50 for men.

You can actually see this written in the protocols.

The factors are also applied to PCS in Pairs and ID.

As to why, the idea was to balance PCS and TES - this was done back when women were not doing quads.

On 1/19/2022 at 1:02 PM, yuzupon said:

For free skate, women's are multiplied by the factor of 1.60, while men by 2.00. So the max total for women would be 1.6x(10x5)=80, while men would ofc be 100.

In SP, it's 0.80 for women and 1.00 for men. Max total for women is 40, and 50 for men.

You can actually see this written in the protocols.

The factors are also applied to PCS in Pairs and ID.

As to why, the idea was to balance PCS and TES - this was done back when women were not doing quads.

tnks

i kind of knew that women r 80% from men, n either way its unfair, also when they only doubles or triples cos the jump itself reflects also on the pc's

but now? that's actually outrageous

if i were Kamila or sasha, for fun, i would say that today, in some major competition,  i feel like a man [admin edit: not relevant] n compete with men, hence their scoring will skyrocket.

yes, it crossed me mind as well about pairs

time to change the scoring system

and re-evaluate also the BV of 4A which should be more than 16 according to any calculation system they have there

19 minutes ago, yuzupon said:

Oh sh*t, Rachael Denhollander is talking about Tutberidze? Do I need popcorn for this?

She just tweeted about an article on Tutberidze methods, didn’t she? Do you think she’s willing to take the matter further?

8 hours ago, Fay said:

She just tweeted about an article on Tutberidze methods, didn’t she? Do you think she’s willing to take the matter further?

I guess it will depend on how much can she do. I don’t know how long her reach is, but I hope it’s long enough.