Team Russia

1 minute ago, Anony said:

I'm gonna pretend Evgenia's SP has no context, frankly the "story" spoiled my impression of an otherwise lovely program.

I'm so happy to see Tukt  back tho, her jumps are gorgeous and her program is unironically interesting:tumblr_inline_nhkf04zUM41qid2nw:

Yeah, the whole world will just be closing their eyes tight not to see that final move... that's the only way to deal with it. 

I still wish she covered more ice...

18 hours ago, Yatagarasu said:

Awww *pats*

Have more. Best Zhenya probably.

I am not sure what to think of this program.. Zhenya is a beautiful and expressive skater, and I think the music is a perfect fit for her. But,  I find the the program kind of boring and repetitive and could really use a highlight. Hopefully it will feel different in competition with the costume and everything.

37 minutes ago, Yatagarasu said:

As much as I love Kolyada's SP, I do not in any way love the FS. 

Oh dear, that didn't feel like a coherent program. Misha, you're such a gorgeous skater, but your loyalties let you down... 

9 minutes ago, Fay said:

Oh dear, that didn't feel like a coherent program. Misha, you're such a gorgeous skater, but your loyalties let you down... 

It didn't...and the fast-slow-fast structure of the music doesn't hold it together either. It seems that he has lots of problems with the timing of his jumps too.

Also, why did Elvis become so popular in figure skating...?

Just now, sallycinnamon said:

It didn't...and the fast-slow-fast structure of the music doesn't hold it together either. It seems that he has lots of problems with the timing of his jumps too.

Also, why did Elvis become so popular in figure skating...?

Misha's tribute to Javi?

5 hours ago, Fay said:

Morozombie's already out with the test skates description 

http://morozombie.blogspot.ru/2017/09/2017-russian-test-skates-day-one-ladies.html#more

Thanks for posting it. :smile:

So Evgenia's program is about clinical death and coming back to life, and it's her own breathing at the end of the program...?

8 minutes ago, sallycinnamon said:

Thanks for posting it. :smile:

So Evgenia's program is about clinical death and coming back to life, and it's her own breathing at the end of the program...?

omg, this is so depressing ... a program abt clinical death ... idk, I like her very much but why all her programs are always about death and tragedies and dark stuff ... 

I''m not loving Zhenya's FS music cut. I love all the individual pieces and the skating she's doing in each one is lovely but together it doesn't scream cohesive to me, because of the way there's a) too many music cuts and b) too abrupt change from one to the other. I'm sure I'll get used to it, but right now I'm just sad she didn't choose only one or two pieces to cut together more cohesively.