Music talk

I know that the title of this is what would we like to see him use, but after the chat on the main thread, I have to go slightly off topic and say I'm really interested to see what he goes for after that quote about just skating to what he wants ....

Total fantasy but "Under Pressure" (Queen & David Bowie) would be amazing. Not a fan of Chock/Bates version because the music was changed too much... I love all the ups & downs in the original, overflowing with passion & concern for humanity, so powerful that only Yuzuru could match it! Imagining a refined glam rock or New Romantic costume... I know this is fairly ridiculous but I can't stop thinking about it :headdesk2:

5 hours ago, LadySnowblood said:

Total fantasy but "Under Pressure" (Queen & David Bowie) would be amazing. Not a fan of Chock/Bates version because the music was changed too much... I love all the ups & downs in the original, overflowing with passion & concern for humanity, so powerful that only Yuzuru could match it! Imagining a refined glam rock or New Romantic costume... I know this is fairly ridiculous but I can't stop thinking about it :headdesk2:

:2thumbsup:

I was listening to David Bowie a few days ago and among other songs, Under Pressure came to my mind as well! He would rock it, no doubt.

And no it's not ridiculous, I imagined some costume variations too :) 

5 hours ago, sallycinnamon said:

:2thumbsup:

I was listening to David Bowie a few days ago and among other songs, Under Pressure came to my mind as well! He would rock it, no doubt.

And no it's not ridiculous, I imagined some costume variations too :) 

Thanks! The ridiculous part is really how obsessed I am with this particular idea... I usually love thinking about all sorts of "what-ifs" like this but here, my brain just clamped on and won't let go.

I realized another way it fits well is being a duet, aligns with his celebrated "duality" (in quotes only because I don't believe in that for him; I understand why people say it but it's still too limiting somehow).

I love your username BTW!

19 hours ago, LadySnowblood said:

YEEEEEEEES.

And I totally understand the feeling of the mind attaching to one song in particular and not letting go. I have a few Classical pieces that I would love for him to use. Stravinsky's Petrushka's russian march, piano version... ah... Ennio Morricone's music  (which is kinda impossible because he doesn't give out the copyright to anyone... can't wait till he dies, really, so the copyright curse can go f*ck itself... he's crazy), also ahem.

3 hours ago, Murieleirum said:

YEEEEEEEES.

And I totally understand the feeling of the mind attaching to one song in particular and not letting go. I have a few Classical pieces that I would love for him to use. Stravinsky's Petrushka's russian march, piano version... ah... Ennio Morricone's music  (which is kinda impossible because he doesn't give out the copyright to anyone... can't wait till he dies, really, so the copyright curse can go f*ck itself... he's crazy), also ahem.

I can really see it! I'm still working through the thread but this seems like a much-desired choice... I am really illiterate about classical music, only knew this from Yuna Kim's skate which is so beautiful & restrained. Can imagine lots of drama & tension with Yuzuru playing a combination of sinister puppet master & dark romantic prince luring people to their deathly fates :10742290: 

15 minutes ago, Xen said:

I kind of don't see Opera as Yuzu-ish.

I almost want to see him try Grieg, Smetana or Mahler.

The crescendo at 0:40... preparing for jump... and then at 0:50... NESSIE!

And I would love for Yuzuru to unleash his demonic side with the mountain king... we know he's capable. 

EDIT: I REALLY REALLY NEED YUZU TO DO IN THE HALL ON THE MOUNTAIN KING. MOST EPIC. SHORT PROGRAM. EVER.