Music talk

On 5/13/2017 at 21:16, Fulcher said:

Last year at the JGP in Yokohama:

Yes, but he quite liked the other LotR-suggestions:

[attachment=0]CsRlyayUAAAgnfy.jpg[/attachment]

True that he circled and liked the other theme. And I think with better edit of music  than the one in the video lotr can be even more epic and sentimental to skate to...

And on the fantasy track I also like the game of throne music like some of you suggested...the opening theme and the rain of castamere is just soooo catchy and awesome...

But perhaps these suggestions are too western for Yuzu? I think he would go for Japanese theme again, building on the success of seimei, but I don't know any epic Japanese cinematic scores off the top of my head...(then again he surprise us with a B class film that has excellent music with seimei, so maybe there is a gem lying around somewhere)

37 minutes ago, AsteroidB-612 said:

But perhaps these suggestions are too western for Yuzu? I think he would go for Japanese theme again, building on the success of seimei, but I don't know any epic Japanese cinematic scores off the top of my head...(then again he surprise us with a B class film that has excellent music with seimei, so maybe there is a gem lying around somewhere)

Yes to something Japanese! :hachimaki: Both Seimei and Hope and Legacy were so fascinating, hope this Japanese theme will stay in one way or another next season. 

We're in Olympic season. As much as it may pain us, he'll probably choose western music over Japanese (and there is a LOT of good non-Warhorse western music to pick up btw, no need to think it'll be bad) because it's less likely to be divisive with judges. 

1 hour ago, xeyra said:

We're in Olympic season. As much as it may pain us, he'll probably choose western music over Japanese (and there is a LOT of good non-Warhorse western music to pick up btw, no need to think it'll be bad) because it's less likely to be divisive with judges. 

There is lot of good Western music which suits his style and I'm sure his choice will be great.

Most likely he won't choose Japanese music because 1. it may not attract the general audience and judges as much as a more popular, Western piece 2. the Olympics will be in Korea, it's better to be careful with the music choice and to avoid any kind of controversies 3. if he chose one, it would be the third year in a row, and Yuzu said he wants to try new music.

7 minutes ago, sallycinnamon said:

There is lot of good Western music which suits his style and I'm sure his choice will be great.

Most likely he won't choose Japanese music because 1. it may not attract the general audience and judges as much as a more popular, Western piece 2. the Olympics will be in Korea, it's better to be careful with the music choice and to avoid any kind of controversies 3. if he chose one, it would be the third year in a row, and Yuzu said he wants to try new music.

Even if he decide to choose a warhorse, with his perfect taste in how to arrange the music cuts, I sure we'll have a treat regardless of the music he choose. :pbow:

On 5/12/2017 at 14:56, sallycinnamon said:

I could actually imagine him skating to Liszt, either to a passionate/dramatic piece or one of the Chopin-influenced earlier ones (like one of the Consolations which I posted). But Liszt is not popular in figure skating so I guess it won't be an option. :(

As for soundtracks - I loved the Gladiator one which someone posted here many pages ago. The music suits his skating.

I guess you're right.. 

Gladiator would be an awesome concept if he would...

Oh and some mentioned Schindler's List.. I love the piece and great if Yuzu is willing to do it and I believe he can do it justice. Really big piece. Idk if it's on one of his options though.

I agree that aside from Hanz Zimmer, John Williams and James Horner's pieces have a lot of great pieces, which I also like a lot.

52 minutes ago, ralucutzagy said:

Even if he decide to choose a warhorse, with his perfect taste in how to arrange the music cuts, I sure we'll have a treat regardless of the music he choose. :pbow:

I was never disappointed in his music choices or how the music was cut or which arrangement he chose. I'm sure I'll love it whatever he chooses. 

44 minutes ago, dreamelena said:

I guess you're right.. 

Gladiator would be an awesome concept if he would...

Yes, I think Gladiator would be a very good choice, because it's grandiose, dramatic, and something which can grab you in immediately from the first seconds. It reminds me of The Man in the Iron Mask a lot, which was iconic.

Just now, sublimeskating said:

i do! :5918bda4d232b_0011(1):

he's one of my fave composers!  "colors of love" is my favorite!!! :BeatingHeart:  i have a secret wish that someday a skater i like will skate to "colors of love", because i love this song very much :party0035:

OMG I love 'colors of love' too!! :party0012:

Two Steps from Hell has amazing music too! 'Birth of a Hero' and 'United we stand divided we fall' would be very interesting for Yuzu!

4 hours ago, sublimeskating said:

i like "empire of angels" type of music ... so epic :BeatingHeart:

Oh yes, Thomas Bergsen & co :loveshower: (I also love this one).

Beautiful (non-warhorse) epic music, it can easily catch even the most distracted listener (or judge :5:).

What are the chances such pieces could have been really submitted to/already known to Yuzu? It would be funny if he stumbled in his fanvideos,:xD: like the one you linked (by the way I discovered that particular song thanks to that video :girlsigh:) or even this one