Team Japan

On 7/29/2017 at 1:12 AM, kaeryth said:

Satton's SP "Sayuri" from Memoirs of a Geisha.

Omg it's SOOO GOOOD!!! I miss Satton's polish and maturity and skating skills and lines!! She is probably one of the most polished ladies' skaters currently competing! Shame about her jumps but hopefully she'll get them back. They look kinda painful for her..

On a side note, why skate to memoirs of a geisha without a more Japanese inspired costume haha...well...she is Japanese so I can't really criticize. Maybe she's paying homage to the fact that Memoirs of a Geisha is NOT a Japanese movie :laughing:

*Off to listen to the soundtrack* :biggrin:

35 minutes ago, ralucutzagy said:

I'm worried abt their health (look at Junhwan Cha) and that the olympics are gonna be a major splatfest ...

I lowkey have the feeling that Pyeonchang is going to be a worse splatfest than Sochi. Better hope that doesn't happen... :idk:

Shoma.........  :crazyshit:

I remember in his documentary, his teacher said he takes awhile to master the jumps but when he does, he rarely fails them (questionable technique aside....or perhaps partly due to his ability to do some truly terrifying saves). So that might factor in to his 'jump it if I can land it' mentality right now. I have a feeling Shoma's approach will cause him long-term issues but maybe it will pay off in the short term, esp if his technical stuff doesn't get called very strictly : / 

1 minute ago, kaerb said:

Shoma.........  :crazyshit:

I remember in his documentary, his teacher said he takes awhile to master the jumps but when he does, he rarely fails them (questionable technique aside....or perhaps partly due to his ability to do some truly terrifying saves). So that might factor in to his 'jump it if I can land it' mentality right now. I have a feeling Shoma's approach will cause him long-term issues but maybe it will pay off in the short term, esp if his technical stuff doesn't get called very strictly : / 

He's gambling on tech panel with that lutz though since he's a flutzer. But then again.. he rarely gets called anymore (unless it's super obvious) and just gets an unclear edge calls... so yeah.. :facepalm:

9 hours ago, MrPudding said:

I lowkey have the feeling that Pyeonchang is going to be a worse splatfest than Sochi. Better hope that doesn't happen... :idk:

Hoping for the best, yes, but because of the quad craze of men's figure skating in the last couple of seasons, and the fact that the SP and FS in PyeongChang will be on two consecutive days again, the possibility of a competition with full of mistakes will be really high...

1 minute ago, yuzuangel said:

yeah he never went for 5 quads in the FS either...he had to YOLO some quads but that was only bc he missed one. if he hadn't missed one, he wouldn't have YOLOd any :P

LOL yeah but he still technically attempted 5 quads (even if the layout wouldn't make sense if he landed all of them)