Team Japan

On 3/12/2021 at 4:11 AM, Paskud said:

stream for tomorrow's Waseda on Ice

https://youtu.be/q0BigVL30ak

I loved watching Shingo doing his program as a single skater on this stream.  It's at around 56 minute mark on the Waseda on Ice recording on Youtube.  Quite a good swagger and lovely skating skills - fit for an ice dancer.  Also congrats for the new "AyuShin" dance team, and good luck for the next Winter Olympics at Milano!  

3 hours ago, Fay said:

Ayumi as a partner. But let’s wait and see, 

I haven't watched Ayumi Takanami compete so I have no idea about her skating skills.  I hope this partnership will work out better this time.  Too early to tell, as you say. 

1 hour ago, Umebachi said:

I haven't watched Ayumi Takanami compete so I have no idea about her skating skills.  I hope this partnership will work out better this time.  Too early to tell, as you say. 

I still miss UtaShin a lot but am wishing AyuShin good luck at the same time. Ayumi and Shingo are both from Tokyo and have been training under Yutaka Higuchi, who helped Shingo's transfer to TCC, so they won't have much trouble training together in this circumstance as UtaShin had last year.

On 3/15/2021 at 3:35 PM, sweetwater said:

I still miss UtaShin a lot but am wishing AyuShin good luck at the same time. Ayumi and Shingo are both from Tokyo and have been training under Yutaka Higuchi, who helped Shingo's transfer to TCC, so they won't have much trouble training together in this circumstance as UtaShin had last year.

But when the time comes to go back to TCC, will she go? I'd assume Shingo wants to get back there. 

3 hours ago, rockstaryuzu said:

But when the time comes to go back to TCC, will she go? I'd assume Shingo wants to get back there. 

I have only limited knowledge about Ayumi, but training abroad would not be much trouble for her. She used to train in Michigan, coached by Shpilband, Camerlengo, and Krylova. According to this interview published by Waseda Sports, she applied to a Canadian university/Canadian universities to study Kinesiology and passed the entrance exam/exams. She chose Waseda because, at that time, it was best for her to balance study and her career as an ice dancer. She says that she chose the School of International Liberal Studies because she didn't have much choice as her Japanese skills weren't enough to receive advanced education, which means, I think, that she has no problem communicating in English.

4 hours ago, sweetwater said:

I have only limited knowledge about Ayumi, but training abroad would not be much trouble for her. She used to train in Michigan, coached by Shpilband, Camerlengo, and Krylova. According to this interview published by Waseda Sports, she applied to a Canadian university/Canadian universities to study Kinesiology and passed the entrance exam/exams. She chose Waseda because, at that time, it was best for her to balance study and her career as an ice dancer. She says that she chose the School of International Liberal Studies because she didn't have much choice as her Japanese skills weren't enough to receive advanced education, which means, I think, that she has no problem communicating in English.

It seems she attended high school in US according to her instagram posts.