Team Japan

9 minutes ago, cinemacoconut said:

Wonder why Marin chose Rafael over Orser??? 

Isnt Orser the better coach?? 

Well IMO yes, Orser is the better coach but knock on wood, if Wakaba rumors are correct, then she probably had first dibs as she was already there previously once for the summer and accepting two J ladies seems unlikely, especially as he will be getting some younger skaters too. It'd get a tad crowded. Personally I hope it's going to pan out for Wakaba because Brian is exactly the coach who could propel her even further. She has it all. 

13 minutes ago, Yatagarasu said:

Well IMO yes, Orser is the better coach but knock on wood, if Wakaba rumors are correct, then she probably had first dibs as she was already there previously once for the summer and accepting two J ladies seems unlikely, especially as he will be getting some younger skaters too. It'd get a tad crowded. Personally I hope it's going to pan out for Wakaba because Brian is exactly the coach who could propel her even further. She has it all. 

Because Wakaba is more consistent than Marin Honda yes. 

Im kinda Team Russia for the girls so I was hopi g for a new Russian girl lol. 

But then again Wakaba is very competitive and has better jumps. 

Beijing 2022 girls would be a war zone.

But with Alena K jumping 3A and Trusova jumping 3 quads... The japanese girls will have to work their butts off

5 hours ago, Yatagarasu said:

All the best to Marin for sure.

As for how that'll turn out for her, guess we'll see but IMO if I had to say anything, I would not call Raf ideal for her. It is what it is though, so good luck!

Marin is admittedly not my fave, but I was thinking if she is actually on the lazy side he can maybe help motivate her to work harder.  Could you share what you think could be less ideal?  

6 hours ago, Yatagarasu said:

All the best to Marin for sure.

As for how that'll turn out for her, guess we'll see but IMO if I had to say anything, I would not call Raf ideal for her. It is what it is though, so good luck!

Hope for the best for Marin.

IMO, if TAT still coached, I might have preferred TAT and Marin. Strict but good at pushing what each skater excels at. But oh well, cannot dwell on what would not exist.

It would be nice for her to have Yuzu there already.

She always seems like a nice girl and gets along with lots of other skaters, so it will be fun for her to get to know some of the skaters there better.

Orser already has a lady there who has a powerful build in Daleman. Of both it's often said they might be able to jump bigger jumps (3A for Wakaba, 4T for Daleman), so that will be interesting to see.

All the best to Marin. Its a difficult to move to another country and train but I think she need a big change. When Hamada said Marin lazy a couple of time in front of media, I feel this would happen. Hamada might do it with good attention, but "lazy" is a strong word and it could hurt one's pride, not to mention Marin's parents.I don't think Marin is lazy, she just lacks of focus and motivation , and if we don't compare her to those hard working skaters like Satoko, Mao, Yuzuru, Shoma, she's fine. Tbh I would like to see her with Marina Zoueva

Hopefully she can focus on training while in japan they would force her to do millions CF and show. I don't like Raf and he won't protect his skater had he/she underperform. 

As for the rumor of Wakaba-Orser, I have a feeling its always fan's wish. Maybe its too good to be true and I'm scare that I would be disappointed had it not come true. I'll believe when it happen. 

Hey am i the one uncomfortable with japanese media making more than 5 documentaries for honda girls, while never attempting to make a single documentary feature for All Japan National Novice gold medalists? 

Why arent the media givin more attention and coverage to other japanese skaters who are getting gold medals? Why all this attention to Honda sisters more so than actual gold medalists?

I liked honda sisters in the beginning

But sara honda was 4th in novice category,

Miyu was out of the podium for jr nationals

And marin fell alot. 

But the 3 r getting commercials and much much more coverage than actual novice and jr national champs seems very strange.

R they ignoring their country representatives because they r less attractive? 

1 hour ago, ralucutzagy said:

So sad... almost everyone in TJ that Yuzu competed with in the Sochi quad has now retired (only people left are Chris and Ryuichi) . Best of luck to Narumi! She will always have that bronze medal in Nice and I hope she'll be able to help cultivate pairs skating in Japan more..

Personally, I don't think Brian's coaching is suitable for Marin. While Raf has very very high standards, Brian isn't that harsh, he respects his students' own style and lets them practice on their own and make decisions for themselve. That is why I feel who can train with Brain effectively must be someone with fierce and self-control  , they have to set high standards for themselves and make every effort to reach these standards. Unfortunately, I don't see these personalities in Marin. At this point, I think Brian's coaching suits Wakaba and Kaori.

17 hours ago, Danibellerika said:

Marin is admittedly not my fave, but I was thinking if she is actually on the lazy side he can maybe help motivate her to work harder.  Could you share what you think could be less ideal?  

Sorry, didn't see this post :13877886:

I think this past season her skating deteriorated actually. So while one positive is that Raf can work on her jumps, the other is that he isn't exactly the best if we're talking skating skills or modern programs. Transitions, what transitions and what is one foot skating isn't going to help her when she's facing Russian and other Japanese ladies.

Also I am not sure Raf will actually care enough to try and break her out of certain habits. Marin knows best when it comes to choreography etc. 

8 hours ago, wpisces said:

Personally, I don't think Brian's coaching is suitable for Marin. While Raf has very very high standards, Brian isn't that harsh, he respects his students' own style and lets them practice on their own and make decisions for themselve. That is why I feel who can train with Brain effectively must be someone with fierce and self-control  , they have to set high standards for themselves and make every effort to reach these standards. Unfortunately, I don't see these personalities in Marin. At this point, I think Brian's coaching suits Wakaba and Kaori.

Nah, Brian can be very strict, don't be fooled by him. Remember how pissed he was about Javi being late, and Tracy needing to talk him down from imploding? And he could turn people around on habits-case in point being Javi. But I also think that skaters who suit him more, are ones like Wakaba, Kaori and even Satton-skaters whom he needs to help out on regarding efficiency of training, not necessarily practice time put in. 

I'm more curious why Marin moved from Mie Hamada. It can't really be because she wants a stricter coach only, since Mie is plenty strict herself. I also don't see as much media attention on her as before.